Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > FREE Lawyer conference calls
Click to log in with Facebook
FREE Lawyer conference calls This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2007, 09:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vivache has a spectacular aura about vivache has a spectacular aura about vivache has a spectacular aura about
Default All H1b extension posts here

How much time does it take for normal h1 ext?
I need to decide on whether to file normal or premium.

Also .. lets say it takes 3 months for normal processing and I need to switch jobs.. can I make the switch and transfer the h1 on basis of WAC number?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2006
Compare
nc14 is on a distinguished road
Default I got mine in 2 months

I just did my extension and it came back in around 2 months. Mine was not premium processing. I am not 100% sure about the other part of your question. You have asked about extension and transferring will be a different thing altogether and as far as I know you can switch once you have the receipt notice but let someone else comment on it too.

.................................................. ....
$60+$20 recurring

Old 04-09-2007, 11:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rajuram is a glorious beacon of light rajuram is a glorious beacon of light rajuram is a glorious beacon of light rajuram is a glorious beacon of light rajuram is a glorious beacon of light

Mine took 5 months. Check the service center dates where your case is filed.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lca2004 is on a distinguished road
Default All H1b extension posts here

Guys I need advice
My first 3 yr H1 term ended this Dec 06. Mine and my wives visa has expired.
We got an xtension for the next 3 yr now. Now we have to get it stamped next time we got out of this country.
my question : Can my wife go out of country and get her stamped alone becos she might have to go to India while I wont be able to go becos of work load here.

Any answers would be appreciated
==================
title of the thread is changed. - Admin

Last edited by pappu; 04-10-2007 at 12:07 PM.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lca2004 is on a distinguished road

bumping up..some one share their views pls..

Old 04-10-2007, 02:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
sgorla will become famous soon enough sgorla will become famous soon enough

She should carry your H1B extention notice/Approval notice to the US consulate with her. The fact that your visa has expired should not be a concern, although consular officer might ask your wife about her status violation. I never faced a problem like this, but I have been reading threads here online, and made an attempt to answer your question as no one was posting a reply. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lca2004
Guys I need advice
We got an xtension for the next 3 yr now. Now we have to get it stamped next time we got out of this country.
my question : Can my wife go out of country and get her stamped alone becos she might have to go to India while I wont be able to go becos of work load here.

I-485 Approved: August 6,2008

Contributing $20 a month to IV

Old 04-10-2007, 02:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/10/2005
Compare
baburob2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Guys I need advice

yes, certainly she can go alone and get it stamped. Just take all the necessary documents for H4 stamping and she should be fine.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:49 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

When you start a new thread, make sure the title is descriptive to help other members go through threads. Moderators can close such threads.

Old 04-10-2007, 11:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute
Default absolutely no problem

If i'm correct to understand that your wife has her own H4 (with I-94), then there is no problem at all. When ever she goes to US Consulate abroad, all she has to present is
1.Her original H4 approval notice
2.Keep the bottom left hand portion of approval notice, which is small piece (not the I-94). Present only if officer at consulate asks. Usually they don't ask for this
3. Your H1B approval copy. Original not needed
4.Your employment credentials such as most recent pay stubs, W2s for 2006, 2005 etc;Bank statements to show your salary being deposited (optional),Letter from your employer addressed to Consular officer requesting to issue H4 visa for your wife, a recent job offer letter (since you said you have been working for a while, it will be a good idea to take another recent one, Your salary may have increased)

As long as you have good record of your job, there will not be any issue at all for your wife to get H4

Quote:
Guys I need advice

Old 04-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute
Default Original H1 extension notice required

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyasaich
If i'm correct to understand that your wife has her own H4 (with I-94), then there is no problem at all. When ever she goes to US Consulate abroad, all she has to present is
1.Her original H4 approval notice
2.Keep the bottom left hand portion of approval notice, which is small piece (not the I-94). Present only if officer at consulate asks. Usually they don't ask for this
3. Your H1B approval copy. Original not needed
4.Your employment credentials such as most recent pay stubs, W2s for 2006, 2005 etc;Bank statements to show your salary being deposited (optional),Letter from your employer addressed to Consular officer requesting to issue H4 visa for your wife, a recent job offer letter (since you said you have been working for a while, it will be a good idea to take another recent one, Your salary may have increased)

As long as you have good record of your job, there will not be any issue at all for your wife to get H4
3. I heard that now original H1 extension notice of spouse is required for H4 visa. Check the official website.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute
Default not necessary, based on my own experience

On March 6th, 2007 my wife went for H4 stamping in Chennai Consulate and got it done.
Our case is i'm on H1B 8th year. Got 3 year extension based on approved I-140. (Probably i will retire on H1B itself, because it will be 10 years very soon
)
Original stamp in our passports expired on March31/2005.
She carried all my employment credentials,W2s for past 7 years, 2 most recent pay stubs,employer letter addressed to US Consular officer, her H4 approval notice (Original) and copy of my H1B Approval notice.
Only one question was asked and that is to show the W2s and that too only 2006. She showed a copy of 2006 W2
and
it took less than 2 minutes for them to approve her H4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeev
3. I heard that now original H1 extension notice of spouse is required for H4 visa. Check the official website.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute
Default All H1b extension/extn due to I140 posts here

Immigration Gurus,

My h1b is expiring (6th yr) sometime around November 2007 so I will be eligible to file h1b extension petition in May. This week our attorney will also file I-140.

My question is, the three-year extension is based upon which of the following two scenarios:

(A) I-140 petition is FIILED, or
(B) I-140 is APPROVED.

If scenario B is true, then should I wait for I-140 to be approved before I file for H1b so that I get 3 years extension instead of just 1 ?

How about if the I-140 is pending and H1b extension petition is also pending and then I-140 gets approved during the pendency of H1b extension peition?

Pl advise.

Old 04-11-2007, 06:40 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts
Default I-140 is APPROVED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadimanav
Immigration Gurus,

My h1b is expiring (6th yr) sometime around November 2007 so I will be eligible to file h1b extension petition in May. This week our attorney will also file I-140.

My question is, the three-year extension is based upon which of the following two scenarios:

(A) I-140 petition is FIILED, or
(B) I-140 is APPROVED.

If scenario B is true, then should I wait for I-140 to be approved before I file for H1b so that I get 3 years extension instead of just 1 ?

How about if the I-140 is pending and H1b extension petition is also pending and then I-140 gets approved during the pendency of H1b extension peition?

Pl advise.
3-years extension is based on I-140 is APPROVED orelse you will get 1-year extension.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
BondJ is on a distinguished road
Default Premium Processing

The three year extension is based on approved I-140. You might want to consider applying I-140 under premium processing.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramraj_02 will become famous soon enough
Default After I-140 approval

I was under the same situation, Then i went for premium processing for I-140 after the approval i went for premium processing for H1-B. They gave me a 3 year extension.