Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   FREE Lawyer conference calls (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum68-free-lawyer-conference-calls/)
-   -   I485 rfe (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum68-free-lawyer-conference-calls/773107-i485-rfe.html)

panatan 10-21-2009 02:08 AM

I485 rfe

Hello Gurus,
My PD is May-2002, India-EB3. Got the I140 approval 8 months back and applied I485 in 2007 wave. I got the I485 RFE for my wife states that "The medical examination, FormI-693, submitted with your application to adjust status does not contain information that all of your vaccination have been completed due to your pregnancy. Once your pregnancy has completed, you must receive all of your vaccination. Your Original Form I693 is hereby returned to you in the enclosed sealed envelope. Take this letter and your enclosed Form I-693 to the civil surgeon who conducted your medical examination. ONLY THE CIVIL SURGEON SHOULD OPEN THE SEALED ENVELOPE. The Civil surgeon must compete the omitted portion of the Form I-693"

My Question is, I live in the different place now(60 miles away), Do i need to go to the same doctor/place where i took the test in the last time (or) i can select any USCIS Immigration medical center near to my current place ? I am confused. Could somebody clarify this ?

meridiani.planum 10-21-2009 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panatan (Post 1115175)
Hello Gurus,
My PD is May-2002, India-EB3. Got the I140 approval 8 months back and applied I485 in 2007 wave. I got the I485 RFE for my wife states that "The medical examination, FormI-693, submitted with your application to adjust status does not contain information that all of your vaccination have been completed due to your pregnancy. Once your pregnancy has completed, you must receive all of your vaccination. Your Original Form I693 is hereby returned to you in the enclosed sealed envelope. Take this letter and your enclosed Form I-693 to the civil surgeon who conducted your medical examination. ONLY THE CIVIL SURGEON SHOULD OPEN THE SEALED ENVELOPE. The Civil surgeon must compete the omitted portion of the Form I-693"

My Question is, I live in the different place now(60 miles away), Do i need to go to the same doctor/place where i took the test in the last time (or) i can select any USCIS Immigration medical center near to my current place ? I am confused. Could somebody clarify this ?

I thought USCIS is already clear in what they want you to do (see underlined).
And its just 60 miles, not across the country. Just go to the same civil surgeon and get this over with, why do you want to add another variable to your case, or open the possibility of another exchange of messages with USCIS?

rockstart 10-21-2009 11:35 AM

I agree. No point to do things differently if the distance is just 60 miles. Make it easy for the IO and yourself by going to same doctor.

USDream2Dust 10-21-2009 12:36 PM

Similar Situation

I got Medical RFE and my wife is 8 months pregnant. We didn't fill in all tests but send it back to USCIS as there was 30 day limit.

I am expecting similar RFE to comeback for her.

Some question that might help me and other like me.

DId uscis gave you a time limit to reply back with medical records?

I am just worried that they may comeback and bite us when my wife is nursing and still not able to receive vaccinations.