Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2007, 01:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
amitps will become famous soon enough amitps will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down Frustrated with Fragomen

Hi - I have had a very bad experience with Fragomen, everything was filed correctly but the way they treat their client is pathetic. I have heard a lot of people are victims of this big corporation, lets get together to fix this.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2007, 09:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mallickarjunreddy is a jewel in the rough mallickarjunreddy is a jewel in the rough mallickarjunreddy is a jewel in the rough mallickarjunreddy is a jewel in the rough
Default Deja vu

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitps View Post
Hi - I have had a very bad experience with Fragomen, everything was filed correctly but the way they treat their client is pathetic. I have heard a lot of people are victims of this big corporation, lets get together to fix this.
I have a deja vu

cause when i wanted to bring to the notice similar BAD lawyers nobody paid attention . I put in time to create a blog and if you would have researched on immigrationvoice u wont have been in this position the first place

http://badimmigrationattorneys.blogspot.com/

its 3rd on my list

Old 09-25-2007, 10:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/06/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2007
Compare
vparam is a jewel in the rough vparam is a jewel in the rough vparam is a jewel in the rough
Angry I had a leave a company

I left a well reputed MNC due to fragomen. This company division had no prior experiance in GC and fragomen took over a year to file my case which got into the BEC dump....I was happy with the company and vice versa but got nailed big time due to fragomen...
PD ------------------ 22-Aug-2002 140 AD--------------- 07-Aug-2005
485 self RD ------------07-Jun-2007 ND -6/19 LUD ----7/27/07
485 spouse RD ---------07-Jun-2007 ND -6/19 LUD ----7/30/07, 7/31/07
FP Self ----------------27-Jul-2007
FP Spouse -------------30-Jul-2007
EAD /AP Self Approval ------06-Sep-2007/07-Sep-2007
EAD/AP Spouse---------10-Sep-2007

Old 09-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Compare
dagabaaj has a spectacular aura about dagabaaj has a spectacular aura about dagabaaj has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs down ahhhhhh Fragomen

The mere mention of Fragomen makes my blood boil . This law frim is the most useless in my opinion. They have no concern for their eventual client. My labor application was rejected because of the inefficient ppl at Fragomen. Their attitude was still so casual as if nothing happened. I am forced to use them but I would not recommend this Law firm even to an enemy.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute
Default One more FRAGOMEN Victim

When they filed my PERM, they missed to recapture the PD from my pending labor, Last week I received 485 receipts only for me and my wife, where as we missing 485 receipt for my daughter GOD knows what they did, they asking me to wait and see.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
gvarghe is on a distinguished road

This is my first post in this forum, only because I am seeing this Fragomen thread. I had a very bad experience, while working with a 'so called "reputed" India's largest software company' . Fragomen handled my L1 extension for this company, there was an RFE on a simple matter, but they took the whole time provided in RFE deadline to respond to the RFE. Finally when they responded, they responded to USCIS with the supporting documentation of some other employee. USCIS immediately denied my L1 extension petition, and I had to pack up and leave the country in a gap of 1 week. This Fragomen lawyers or paralegals have no concern or not even rendered an apology on this fiasco.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Compare
dagabaaj has a spectacular aura about dagabaaj has a spectacular aura about dagabaaj has a spectacular aura about
Default wondering if there is someting common

How many of you all dealt with the lawyer named Alex Elsberg?

Old 09-25-2007, 12:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Compare
gemini23 is on a distinguished road
Default hi

I have had all good experiences with fragoment till now, and I have been dealing with them for a couple of years now. They were very professional i should say. Again I work for one of the top 3 financial firms , and my employer has fragomen as preferred law firm.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Compare
Default No one is contesting...

that Fragomen is a big firm but they are absolutely careless and have no regard for the eventual client / applicant. All said and done I am getting an opportunity to bash them I am not going to miss it. They have messed with my life and career. They deserve to embaressed in public .

Old 09-25-2007, 12:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/07/2007
Compare
kanaihya is on a distinguished road

leave Fragomen alone..man..if he visit this forum he will get heart attack ..

Old 09-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Compare
Default what aboout the.....

one I almost got when I heard my labor was rejected and I will have to start again.......

Old 09-25-2007, 12:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2006
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/03/2007
Compare
mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute
Default my experience a little different

I have used Fragomen in two different situations...

1) Contracted by my employer. This was frustrating from my perspective. I felt a little like an object, mostly dealt with paralegals.

2) Contracted by me. This was much better, I could call the attorneys up anytime, and get an answer when I needed it. Had excellent relationship with paralegals.

These were two different departments.

I do think that I suffered from some less than optimal advice, filed EB3 when EB2 would have been better. That was in 2002 when EB3 EB2 EB1 for all was current. EB2 was a tougher sell to Dept Labor, but I think would have worked, attorney didn't want to risk, and wasn't sure if a downgrade would be offered if EB2 failed.

One thing was consistent.... expensive.

I all but begged them to send out an email to clients referencing DC rally.

I have raised the idea with core of adding a field(s) to profile giving attorneys name/address. If we have a lot of members with Fragomen, maybe we could write a group letter asking them to send out a mass email to other clients.

So please be civil in these public forums.
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Last edited by mbartosik; 09-25-2007 at 12:26 PM.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:48 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
skv is on a distinguished road
Smile Me too had a good experience working with Fragomen......

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini23 View Post
I have had all good experiences with fragoment till now, and I have been dealing with them for a couple of years now. They were very professional i should say. Again I work for one of the top 3 financial firms , and my employer has fragomen as preferred law firm.

I work for the Wall Street Investment Bank, I don't see any reason why Fragomen is a bad one, most of the banks deals with them.

Bad for some people, doesn't mean it's universal for everyone, for that matter that can happen to any law firm. :-)

Old 09-25-2007, 12:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Compare
Default Point taken

Mark, point taken but I do believe if we can raise some stink then we should. The Law firms need to realise that the country club memebership is coming at the cost of some poor sap stuck in the immigration rut and all he/ she needs is kind words and sound advice. I shall stop my ranting about Fragomen after this post.

On your other point about law firms participating. What makes you think they already do not have a member in the forums. If they read this good then the messeage has been sent across.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Compare
Default not what I ment..

Quote:
Originally Posted by skv View Post
I work for the Wall Street Investment Bank, I don't see any reason why Fragomen is a bad one, most of the banks deals with them.

Bad for some people, doesn't mean it's universal for everyone, for that matter that can happen to any law firm. :-)
I did not mean what you imply. Yes it can happen to any law firm. I was expressing the pain I experienced as per the topic of the first post. I am glad it worked out for you and wish no one ill will.