Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 12:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
colls is on a distinguished road
Question Expired EAD - Attend Training

Experts,

Can i attend an Employer provided training even if i on LWP during that period.

Is there any formal document that we can refer to which has guideline on this issue or anything that says it is ok to do so as long as we are not in pay status.

Any information on this topic would be appreciated as this is coming up soon and employer will agree to provide this training only if there are no legal issues associated to it.

EAD-Efile : 07/06/2010
EAD Expires 09/02/2010
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of

MurthyDotCom : EAD Extension Delays - FAQs, Answers, Suggestions

Quote:
NO Work Allowed After EAD Expiration

As explained above, for those who rely on the EAD for their permission to work, authorization to work ends with the EAD expiration. One must cease all work functions until the new EAD is approved and issued to the individual. We at the Murthy Law Firm are often asked by individuals if they can "volunteer" (do the same job and not get paid) or work from home. If one is not authorized to work, s/he is not permitted to engage in the same activities without pay or from home.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
trmahadevan is on a distinguished road
Default File EAD second time without getting the first rejected.

Folks,

My EAD expires 09/02/2010. and I just filed my renewal by Paper last week (unavoidable situation). I don't have the receipt yet.
I will lose my job on 09/02.

What are the options i have.

Is there any possibiliy that i can get the receipt in a week and may be talk to an IO and explain the situation.?
I have booked an Infopass for next weekend, in case i have to go and talk to them.

Can I E-file now so that i can get the receipt no. quickly so that i can talk to someone, if that helps.?
Can we do this ? meaning filing two EAD's at the same time.?

Appreciate all your expert insights and thought.

Mahadevan

Old 08-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
GC20?? is infamous around these parts GC20?? is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmahadevan View Post
Folks,

My EAD expires 09/02/2010. and I just filed my renewal by Paper last week (unavoidable situation). I don't have the receipt yet.
I will lose my job on 09/02.

What are the options i have.

Is there any possibiliy that i can get the receipt in a week and may be talk to an IO and explain the situation.?
I have booked an Infopass for next weekend, in case i have to go and talk to them.

Can I E-file now so that i can get the receipt no. quickly so that i can talk to someone, if that helps.?
Can we do this ? meaning filing two EAD's at the same time.?

Appreciate all your expert insights and thought.

Mahadevan

Having just the receipt is not enough. Your case needs to be approved and should have physical card in hand to continue working.

NSC is taking 90+ days to process EAD applications and TSC is much faster.

No matter what you do (i.e, talk to IO, Congressman or Senator), USCIS is not expediting the EAD applications.

I e-filed by EAD application at TSC and my case got approved in 13 days and received the card in 10 days after that.