Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ggc is on a distinguished road
Default 485 interview scheduled in San Jose, CA, for Oct, 29th,2010

My 485 interview (employment based) has been scheduled in San Jose, CA for Oct,29th.
Interview letter says bring following documents:

All Passports, all documents that submitted during 485, current employment letter, W2s , marriage certificate, insurance policies, rental agreements etc….

I have few questions on this:

1.My wife interview is at 7:45AM and mine is 8:15AM. Does it mean we have to go
separate or can we go at the same time?
2. Do I need to carry employer tax returns also?
3. Do I need to carry affidavit of support for my wife?
4. Are there any documents that I need to carry apart from mentioned in the above list?

Also if you have attended interview in San Jose field office, please share your experience.

Thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2010, 05:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2006
Compare
bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of

Didn't you have one in 2009?

Old 10-16-2010, 06:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare

No, I received interview cancellation letter for the interview that scheduled in 2009. Reason not mentioned in that letter. We moved to CA, this year and San Jose field office scheduled interview

Old 10-17-2010, 10:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2006
Compare
bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of

thanks for clarifying.

Old 10-17-2010, 02:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shx has a reputation beyond repute shx has a reputation beyond repute shx has a reputation beyond repute shx has a reputation beyond repute shx has a reputation beyond repute shx has a reputation beyond repute shx has a reputation beyond repute shx has a reputation beyond repute shx has a reputation beyond repute shx has a reputation beyond repute shx has a reputation beyond repute

I had an interview in San Francisco after I moved there from Denver. They just wanted to find out why I moved. They only saw my employment letter. No w2s or tax returns or paystubs. Its better to take all the usual documents though. You don't need employer tax returns for sure.

Old 10-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Compare
sanjay02 has a spectacular aura about sanjay02 has a spectacular aura about

I had a interview in Feb 2009 , keep all the documents ready. Your wife and youself can go at the same time.

1) Marriage certificate( If ur married :-))
2) All your transcripts for your schools
3) Passports
4) H1-B, EAD, AP copies, I-485 receipt # copies.
5) Any other communications you had with USCIS copies of it.
6) W-2 for last 3 yrs( if you have them), pay slips.
7) Employment letter from your employer
8) AC-21 etc.
9) Copies of your utilities bill, mortgage/lease papers.
10) Birth certificate of all applicants.
11) Family photos etc ( optional).

Interview will be in the 2nd floor not more than 20 or 25 mins. Take an lawyer/attorney with you if necessary.

Thnks

Last edited by sanjay02; 10-17-2010 at 04:21 PM.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:19 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/23/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

I underwent two interviews at USCIS offices... be prepared with basic documents, but don't carry a suitcase full of documents and copies etc. The officer wants to ask you questions, not to your documents (otherwise, you would receive a request for documents only). Many people take attorneys with them (generally not necessary, if your case is clean).

You can appear together for the interview. Be relaxed and answer only the questions asked (do not keep talking at length) to you. Let your wife answer any questions posed to her by herself. In case there are any documents that you do not have with you, the officer will give you enough time (typically two weeks) to come back and resubmit the documents.

Good luck!

Old 10-18-2010, 10:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
mattresscoil is infamous around these parts mattresscoil is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggc View Post
My 485 interview (employment based) has been scheduled in San Jose, CA for Oct,29th.
Interview letter says bring following documents:

All Passports, all documents that submitted during 485, current employment letter, W2s , marriage certificate, insurance policies, rental agreements etc….

I have few questions on this:

1.My wife interview is at 7:45AM and mine is 8:15AM. Does it mean we have to go
separate or can we go at the same time?
2. Do I need to carry employer tax returns also?
3. Do I need to carry affidavit of support for my wife?
4. Are there any documents that I need to carry apart from mentioned in the above list?

Also if you have attended interview in San Jose field office, please share your experience.

Thanks.
1.My wife interview is at 7:45AM and mine is 8:15AM. Does it mean we have to go separate or can we go at the same time? - Most likely the officer will call you together.

2. Do I need to carry employer tax returns also? - No, just carry the letter of continued employment from your employer stating your income and that you work full time 40 hors a week form them.

3. Do I need to carry affidavit of support for my wife? - Not require but carry notarized cope if you really want to.

4. Are there any documents that I need to carry apart from mentioned in the above list? - Just carry every thing. Make sure you keep things sorted/organized so that you can pull whatever the officer wants from the stack.

Good luck and let the group know what happens.
Thanks, Mattresscoil!!

Old 10-18-2010, 05:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
SonnyD is infamous around these parts

Congratulations brother. One of the questions they ask is- are you a member of any association or any organization.If and when they ask, this would be a good time for you to inform the officer of any volunteer work you do. Or tell them how you contribute to the community. Also tell them if you donate to charities. Just a thought.

Please only answer the questions that are asked. Answer to the point and be precise. Brother Sanju has given good advise too. Let your wife answer the question, if the Officer was asking her. Please do not try to answer for her.

Good luck and God bless
SonnyD

Old 10-18-2010, 05:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare

Thank you all for your replies.

My attorney is in NY, he said he cannot come to CA for my interview.

Can I take a local attorney just for the interview purpose?

And we have a 1 year old kid, can we take kid to the interview?

Old 10-18-2010, 10:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2010
Compare
permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Did you see this Message

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggc View Post
Thank you all for your replies.

My attorney is in NY, he said he cannot come to CA for my interview.

Can I take a local attorney just for the interview purpose?

And we have a 1 year old kid, can we take kid to the interview?

Hi GGC,
Die your online status anytime show the following message ?

On Oct 18, 2010, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our LINCOLN, NE location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators

If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare

Yes, but the field office is National Benefits Center in Missouri.