Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2010, 04:30 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation A pledge!!

Dear folks:

Fist of all, a definition of PLEDGE:

PLEDGE: A solemn promise or agreement to do or refrain from doing something. Example, a pledge of aid; a pledge not to wage war.

Situation:
More or less, all of us are aware of the importance of IV.org and how much IV means to us as an organization AND as an entity that strives to help us get out of the gut of current immigration situation.

We also know that a day will arrive when we (and spouse/kids) will have Green card in our hands.

If not next month, perhaps in another 6 months for some people. Or perhaps a year or two away and to some people, unfortunately, even longer.

But we will get it one day.

IV is a very active organization who is working hard in our best interest and it does not matter how you get the Green Card, IV will have, direct or indirect, contribution to it.

Proposal:
There was a thread going around few months ago on "how will you celebrate the day you get greened?" Some prefer throwing a party, some prefer vacation, some would overload gallons of alcohol in their body or some would donate money to their respective temples or church.

These are all good things to do. (OK. May be not the alcohol part)

In addition to the above, I invite you to celebrate that day by flowing some donation to IV. Just as a token of saying THANK YOU. This will help IV to continue to fight for other folks out there.

I invite you make a sincere pledge TODAY on how much money you would like to donate to IV on the day you get greened.

Nobody is going to twist your arm if you decide not to donate, but I trust that most of the people takes pride in keeping their word once given.

Even if 50 people among us get their green cards each month and each one of them decides to donate $100, it will amount to $5,000 to IV and it will help them fight for a cause for rest of the people out there.

No pressure.

Just an idea.

I myself pledge for $250 donation today.

Others are welcome to participate.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Life is a game....why get serious?
$930 in contribution, DC Rally & Phone Campaign

[SAVE PAPER think before you print.]
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:52 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ak_2006 is a glorious beacon of light ak_2006 is a glorious beacon of light ak_2006 is a glorious beacon of light ak_2006 is a glorious beacon of light ak_2006 is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Good One!

I will donate same amount i.e. $250 when I get GC.
Monthly $25 Contribution signedup on 04-13-2011 for one year
Got Green Card 10/25/2011

Old 10-19-2010, 05:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Aw, I can't say.. Who knows what will be the value of a $ that time?

Old 10-19-2010, 05:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2010
Compare
garybanz is a jewel in the rough garybanz is a jewel in the rough garybanz is a jewel in the rough garybanz is a jewel in the rough

Nice idea, but here is what I think...

Whats the point of donating after you get your Green card? Donate now in place of later and you can benefit from your own donation...and IV can get that money sooner

- Contributed over $500 to IV
- Got the GC after about 7 years of stay in the US.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Compare
reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default 500$

I would donate 500$ if I get the GC before 2012. If not I would reduce it by 50$ a year there after.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:51 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks

This is understandable.

I do wish that you donate $500, before 2012.

Thanks to all who decides to chip in.

garybanz:
You are right. We need contributions in present time. There is no attempt to discourage people from contributing now. Instead, just another way to celebrate the green day with a sense of gratitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddymjm View Post
I would donate 500$ if I get the GC before 2012. If not I would reduce it by 50$ a year there after.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute
Default here is my donation

I donated 50$ recently. It is nothing compared to what others did but it is a start

Quote:
Originally Posted by garybanz View Post

Whats the point of donating after you get your Green card? Donate now in place of later and you can benefit from your own donation...and IV can get that money sooner

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Compare
GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by garybanz View Post

I am trying to do just that. Realized that I can save $25 per month in many different ways from my current expenditure itself and signed up for $25/month donation.

Every little bit helps.
RFE: BC in 2009/ Proof of Employment Authorization on July 8th, 2011
Greened on 07/16/2011
Cards Received on 07/21/2011

Old 10-20-2010, 07:44 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/22/2012
Compare
ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute ghost has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

pledging and donating regularly is a novel concept for immigrant population, there has been some market research as well done on this when I was back in business school - feels a long time back!

Good to see folks coming out and signing up for recurring donations - every small amount counts as long as it is recurring.

For folks who want to celebrate the procurement of Greencard, it is fine as well but let's try focusing on the present than on future or past (courtesy: dialog from Rang De Basanti)...not trying to demean but trying to emphasize on the importance of present day!

Old 10-20-2010, 10:51 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddymjm View Post
I understand your frustration, but its like holding IV responsible for getting your GC - that does not seem right.

Contributing now is important; and after getting gc's, its equally important to support the people who are still stuck in the process.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by regacct View Post
I understand your frustration, but its like holding IV responsible for getting your GC - that does not seem right.

Contributing now is important; and after getting gc's, its equally important to support the people who are still stuck in the process.
Yeah I agree, I'm a regular donor anyway. If my GC is getting delayed, then for every year after 2012 I would cut my rent by 100-200 a month All other expenses too.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Compare
reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default My First donation was in March 2006.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regacct View Post

My First donation was in Jan 2006. The latest one was, 100$ for the Washington meet this year. And I had a lot more in between. This will be just on top of it. How is my GC is related to IV. I dont think I am holding anybody responsible for it.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:08 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default With Thanks!

Dear IV and members:

With a feeling of gratitude for the IV efforts, I donated $200 to IV today (transaction id: 2VP65609MG754245X) after getting the Green card. I pledged for $250 but I do not know how to do one time contribution of $50 to IV.

Please let me know, if you do and I will complete my pledge for additional $50.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punjabi View Post
Dear folks:

Fist of all, a definition of PLEDGE:

PLEDGE: A solemn promise or agreement to do or refrain from doing something. Example, a pledge of aid; a pledge not to wage war.

Situation:
More or less, all of us are aware of the importance of IV.org and how much IV means to us as an organization AND as an entity that strives to help us get out of the gut of current immigration situation.

Even if 50 people among us get their green cards each month and each one of them decides to donate $100, it will amount to $5,000 to IV and it will help them fight for a cause for rest of the people out there.

No pressure.

Just an idea.

I myself pledge for $250 donation today.

Others are welcome to participate.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:17 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute gcebanil has a reputation beyond repute
Smile goog to read

Jiyo, Punjab da puttar.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by punjabi View Post
Dear IV and members:

With a feeling of gratitude for the IV efforts, I donated $200 to IV today (transaction id: 2VP65609MG754245X) after getting the Green card. I pledged for $250 but I do not know how to do one time contribution of $50 to IV.

Please let me know, if you do and I will complete my pledge for additional $50.

Thanks!
You can send a cheque or sign up for $50/month.