Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2008, 02:05 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
12-10-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07-02-2007
Compare
gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute
Default try calling USCIS

Try calling USCIS..

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecame View Post
Guru,

Yesterday I filled my wife I-765 form through eFilling, all went good but when I submitted transaction after giving the credit card information, I got response to “wait until processing done”. But suddenly screen went blank; I don't know what went wrong.

After that I tried to logged back to see the draft (saved) form in system to submit transaction again but there was no draft form was available (I feel that it might be submitted but not sure) and its showing only file new forms.

Guru's please help me………

1) Is Credit Card transaction shows Receipt notice, if it’s charged by INS?
2) If NO then what other way to get Receipt Notice?
3) If yes then what will be the next step to get Receipt file (*.pdf generated while filling)
4) What other option to get the receipt notice?

Thanks

After 8 years........Finally Green'ed on 9th July 2010.
Thanks IV for your help and support!!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

3) If yes then what will be the next step to get Receipt file (*.pdf generated while filling)
Answer:
1) Credit Card shows US$340 charged, but not by INS/USCIS/DHS. It is written as BCISI765 FEE 800-375-5283 VT.
2), 3) and 4)
1. Call Credit Card company to make sure the $340 is taken away
2. Wait, in 10-12 days receipt will come
3. I have not heard any one calling the number such as 800-375-5283 mentioned above. When you call credit card company, they may give a phone number - may be same number. You can try that - please post your experience if you have tried.

Old 06-24-2008, 03:17 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
12-10-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07-02-2007
Compare
gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute
Default I was saying

Please call USCIS to make sure they have received application for EAD renewal. They will also give you receipt number incase if you don't have it. If they didn't receive any application you can re-apply.

After 8 years........Finally Green'ed on 9th July 2010.
Thanks IV for your help and support!!!

Old 06-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/07/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of

Hi gc_kaavaali/webm.....

I am on the similar case as gc_kaavaali but I live in Ohio.. As per instruction I need to file EAD in NSC. But 485 is pending from TSC. Please let me know where should I file my renewal? I am on H1B not using EAD. Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by webm View Post
Send it to TSC..it make sense..
Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_kaavaali View Post
My I-485 application is pending with TSC...For EAD renewal should i send application to Texas or Nebraska ? According to my jurisdiction i should send to Nebraska. But my I-485 is pending with TSC.
Send it to TSC..it make sense..

Old 06-24-2008, 04:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrbest View Post
Hi gc_kaavaali/webm.....

I am on the similar case as gc_kaavaali but I live in Ohio.. As per instruction I need to file EAD in NSC. But 485 is pending from TSC. Please let me know where should I file my renewal? I am on H1B not using EAD. Thanks in advance!
Please file as per instruction - if it says NSC file in NSC. There has been no delays due to EAD filing from TSC to NSC and vice-versa. It does not matter whether EAD is used or not used.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
onemorecame is infamous around these parts

Thanks to all of you guys for timely reply.

I got my Wife Receipt number by email.

I mailed to "e-filing.support@dhs.gov" with all of detail like Name, A# and time and date of filling and problem which I faced while filling.

On response they asked some identification question, date time of filling and method of fee with name of applicant.

On successful answer they traced my application and responded back with Receipt Notice. it was very smoth ride. thanks for this new service started by INS

I think it will help other member

Old 06-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/07/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of

Thanks Dhundhun..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhundhun View Post
Please file as per instruction - if it says NSC file in NSC. There has been no delays due to EAD filing from TSC to NSC and vice-versa. It does not matter whether EAD is used or not used.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
karan2004m is infamous around these parts karan2004m is infamous around these parts
Default Do i need to pay EAD renewal fee ?

EAD- Efiling- Do I need to Pay renewal fee? I filed I-140/I-485/EAD/AP on August 14th 2007. I read somewhere that if anyone who filed after July 30th, doesnt need to pay any renewal fee for EAD. Is it correct ??

Old 06-24-2008, 08:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan2004m View Post
EAD- Efiling- Do I need to Pay renewal fee? I filed I-140/I-485/EAD/AP on August 14th 2007. I read somewhere that if anyone who filed after July 30th, doesnt need to pay any renewal fee for EAD. Is it correct ??
It is not really July 30 or 31. Basically did you pay old fee (applicable till Jul 31) or new fee? Most of us have paid old fee up to Aug 17 (as I remember). If old fee is paid then you need to pay renewal fee.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Thanks to all of you guys for timely reply.

I got my Wife Receipt number by email.

I mailed to "e-filing.support@dhs.gov" with all of detail like Name, A# and time and date of filling and problem which I faced while filling.

On response they asked some identification question, date time of filling and method of fee with name of applicant.

On successful answer they traced my application and responded back with Receipt Notice. it was very smoth ride. thanks for this new service started by INS

I think it will help other member
Good. I am putting pointer of this in start of thread.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
niklshah has a reputation beyond repute niklshah has a reputation beyond repute niklshah has a reputation beyond repute niklshah has a reputation beyond repute niklshah has a reputation beyond repute niklshah has a reputation beyond repute niklshah has a reputation beyond repute niklshah has a reputation beyond repute niklshah has a reputation beyond repute niklshah has a reputation beyond repute niklshah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Guru,

Yesterday I filled my wife I-765 form through eFilling, all went good but when I submitted transaction after giving the credit card information, I got response to “wait until processing done”. But suddenly screen went blank; I don't know what went wrong.

After that I tried to logged back to see the draft (saved) form in system to submit transaction again but there was no draft form was available (I feel that it might be submitted but not sure) and its showing only file new forms.

Guru's please help me………

Thanks

Same thing happened with me i called USCIS and they told me to wait for 3 business day and check the credit card statemant, mine did not went through so i applied again after 3 days and it was fine..

Old 06-25-2008, 12:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
java07 is on a distinguished road
Default EAD renewal w/o 485 receipt

I am planning to paper file renewal for my EAD. My current EAD is set to expire on Oct 12,08. I do not have the 485 receipt with me. Will that be an issue? Is it a part of the supporting documents. I see under c 9 category there is a mention about the receipt notice. Can someone provide any info on this?

Old 06-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by java07 View Post
I am planning to paper file renewal for my EAD. My current EAD is set to expire on Oct 12,08. I do not have the 485 receipt with me. Will that be an issue? Is it a part of the supporting documents. I see under c 9 category there is a mention about the receipt notice. Can someone provide any info on this?
In efiling for my wife, I forgot to send copy of I485 receipt, however got EAD without any delay or query.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2007
Compare
srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light
Smile few question regarding EAD renewal

1) Issues with my application
a) Missed entering date of last entry into USA.
Is this a serious mistake? I successfully finished submitting the form
and received the receipt number.
b) Original i-485/765 application applied at Nebraska, but application pending at Texas
I answered accordingly in the renewal form.
i.e Earlier applied USCIS location for EAD as USCIS Nebraska
and I-485 pending location as Texas. Is that correct?
c) I filed my curent immigration status as "H1-B". I have not used EAD and my 485 is pending. is this correct?

2) My Wife's application
a) My wife is working on EAD. What should i enter for 'Current Immigration Status'?
DA Advance PAROLE (District Auth). Is this corect?

thanks

Last edited by srikondoji; 06-25-2008 at 11:53 PM.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
prioritydate has a spectacular aura about prioritydate has a spectacular aura about
Red face

I didn't filled two text boxes that asked me In what status I was when I entered U.S last time. These text boxes are not required fields and I thought they don't need that information. Do you think this will cause any delay in approving my EAD?