Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future
Default Did you concurrently filed EAD/AP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_horizon View Post
Efiled EAD for both me and my wife...first time. Got approved, and received card in less than a month (Nebraska). No finger prints asked. I guess the FPs taken when we filed 485 was good enough.
AP was different they sent rfe for pp phots, and copy of DL, although I had included photos, and a copy of my PP pages. I sent the addl docs, and now waiting for the AP. I could see it online my case status was updated.
Hi New_Horizon - Did you concurrently e-filed EAD and AP?

Can you pls. share what supporting docs did they ask for EAD and seperately for AP, This will also help others in the same boat... did they tell you to get your biometrics for AP?

Supporting Documents for AP - Advance Parole - I-131 :

1. Receipt from e-filed Application (PDF generated at the end of efile - Just the first page).
2. 485 - Receipt Notice Copy
3. Copy of latest EAD card - front and back
4. 2 recent photographs (according to the specifications)
5. Driver's Lic - copy of front and Back
- Did you send an explanation of why you need an AP?

Supporting Documentation for e-file EAD - Employment Authorization - I-765 :

1. Receipt from e-filed Application (PDF generated at the end of efile - Just the first page).

Thanks!

Last edited by arc; 04-15-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2010, 09:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2004
Compare
radhay is a glorious beacon of light radhay is a glorious beacon of light radhay is a glorious beacon of light radhay is a glorious beacon of light radhay is a glorious beacon of light radhay is a glorious beacon of light

I just e-filed last night and the receipt says that I need to send the docs to TSC. So far all my filings are with Nebraska so not sure why it went to Texas this time (I didn't move since last filing). Is TSC handling all e-filing EAD applications now ? What is the averge approval time?

arc, I think you will also need to include the EAD mailer from your past EAD approval (if you have it). I am also including 2 photos just in case although it is not required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arc View Post
Hi New_Horizon - Did you concurrently e-filed EAD and AP?

Can you pls. share what supporting docs did they ask for EAD and seperately for AP, This will also help others in the same boat... did they tell you to get your biometrics for AP?

Supporting Documents for AP - Advance Parole - I-131 :

5. Driver's Lic - copy of front and Back
- Did you send an explanation of why you need an AP?

Supporting Documentation for e-file EAD - Employment Authorization - I-765 :

Thanks!

Old 04-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/21/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/22/2007
Compare
pal351 has a spectacular aura about pal351 has a spectacular aura about
Angry NO Rcpt. Notice yet

Hi Guys,
I sent my EAD renewal application(Paper filing) to NSC on 1st april and reached there by 2nd April 10:30 AM. but I did not recieved the Notice or Check Cashed. Any body in the same situation??

Old 04-17-2010, 01:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jenkins is on a distinguished road

I have a question.

I know that I put my birth country right but after I filied the EAD form and printed the confirmation page, my birth country got changed to USA.

Is it possible to amend this in any way?

Old 04-17-2010, 08:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkins View Post
I have a question.

I know that I put my birth country right but after I filied the EAD form and printed the confirmation page, my birth country got changed to USA.

The same exact happened to me on my last filing and this damn stupid thing delayed approval to close to 120 days.......for this reason I paper-filed this time. I will say send a letter alongwith RN explaing the correct info (but mail-room guys really donot look at letters)

Old 04-17-2010, 01:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pal351 View Post
Hi Guys,
I sent my EAD renewal application(Paper filing) to NSC on 1st april and reached there by 2nd April 10:30 AM. but I did not recieved the Notice or Check Cashed. Any body in the same situation??
Yes I am in the same boat. Lawyer sent papers in first week of April. Still no receipt/checks cashed

Old 04-17-2010, 01:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute hopefullegalimmigrant has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Question

Hi Guys

Has anyone experienced EAD not being approved in the time frame in which it should be ?

I believe it is 90 days, but cant remember if its 90 days from physical receipt generation date or when the renewal reached USCIS

Old 04-18-2010, 03:44 PM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/31/2007
Compare
murali3000 will become famous soon enough

Where to paper file ?

In the instruction , there is only 2 places given for I765 filing - USCIS Phoenix Lock Box and USCIS Dallas Lock Box - depending on where you live .

But in this forum , i could see few folks filed in Nebrasaka , CA , TX .. why this confusions here.

Can some already filed , can you plesase let us know where did you paper filed,.,

Old 04-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/21/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/22/2007
Compare
pal351 has a spectacular aura about pal351 has a spectacular aura about
Default Check cashed by USCIS today

Hi FYI , They cashed my EAD renewal fee check today. And I sent my application to Nebraska but check cashed in Phonix,AZ I did not understand this..

-Pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefullegalimmigrant View Post
Yes I am in the same boat. Lawyer sent papers in first week of April. Still no receipt/checks cashed

Old 04-20-2010, 12:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2004
Compare
radhay is a glorious beacon of light radhay is a glorious beacon of light radhay is a glorious beacon of light radhay is a glorious beacon of light radhay is a glorious beacon of light radhay is a glorious beacon of light

I think you were supposed to send the application to Phoenix lock box so they forwarded your application. They would NOT do that any longer as cutoff date for forwarding from incorrect location has already ended (03/26). Folks please send the docs to correct location to avoid delays which could cause problems if you are relying on EAD for employment.

USCIS - Change of Filing Location for Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

Quote:
Originally Posted by pal351 View Post
Hi FYI , They cashed my EAD renewal fee check today. And I sent my application to Nebraska but check cashed in Phonix,AZ I did not understand this..

-Pal

Last edited by radhay; 04-20-2010 at 12:25 PM.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Thumbs up Good to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by radhay View Post
I think you were supposed to send the application to Phoenix lock box so they forwarded your application. They would NOT do that any longer as cutoff date for forwarding from incorrect location has already ended (03/26). Folks please send the docs to correct location to avoid delays which could cause problems if you are relying on EAD for employment.

USCIS - Change of Filing Location for Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization
I have sent a email to my lawyer asking for confirmation on where the EAD was sent. Thanks for the info.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:49 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/21/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2007
Compare
venkygct has a spectacular aura about venkygct has a spectacular aura about

I just e-filed my application and found that my Nationality is printed as "USA" in the confirmation page ! Anyone faced this issue? If so, how to fix it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkins View Post
I have a question.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkygct View Post
I just e-filed my application and found that my Nationality is printed as "USA" in the confirmation page ! Anyone faced this issue? If so, how to fix it?

Please, read my previous posting or two. Good luck

Old 04-20-2010, 10:13 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/21/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2007
Compare
venkygct has a spectacular aura about venkygct has a spectacular aura about

gbof,
Did you get any RFE for this? Or its just took 120 days?

I am yet to send my supporting documents packet and thinking of sending a explanation letter with the packet itself. In my case, it should reach the officer. right?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbof View Post
The same exact happened to me on my last filing and this damn stupid thing delayed approval to close to 120 days.......for this reason I paper-filed this time. I will say send a letter alongwith RN explaing the correct info (but mail-room guys really donot look at letters)

Old 04-20-2010, 10:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkygct View Post
gbof,
Did you get any RFE for this? Or its just took 120 days?

I am yet to send my supporting documents packet and thinking of sending a explanation letter with the packet itself. In my case, it should reach the officer. right?

Thanks
Please, do so asap..
I realised this only after 90 days..wrote them, made a request for Expedited processing (with support from employer), took several infopasses, reached them through congressman/ombudsman.........and finally it came near 120 days. So, please donot delay