Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-28-2008, 12:02 AM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 20
gantilk is on a distinguished road
Default Can JUly 2 2007 485 filers renew their EAD by E-file

I see the following in the USCIS website:

"Filings made Pursuant to Visa Bulletin No. 107: As previously announced, all forms I-765 and I-131 applications based on employment-based adjustment of status applications filed pursuant to Visa Bulletin No. 107 that are submitted on or before August 17, 2007 must be filed under the fee structure in place prior to July 30, 2007. On or after July 30, 2007, those applications may not be electronically filed and must be submitted to a Service Center via regular mail or courier service."

Can somebody clarify this please? I applied 485 during the July 2007 fiasco and want to renew my EAD now? Can i e-file with $340 fee?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-28-2008, 12:15 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 237
Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gantilk View Post
I see the following in the USCIS website:

"Filings made Pursuant to Visa Bulletin No. 107: As previously announced, all forms I-765 and I-131 applications based on employment-based adjustment of status applications filed pursuant to Visa Bulletin No. 107 that are submitted on or before August 17, 2007 must be filed under the fee structure in place prior to July 30, 2007. On or after July 30, 2007, those applications may not be electronically filed and must be submitted to a Service Center via regular mail or courier service."

Can somebody clarify this please? I applied 485 during the July 2007 fiasco and want to renew my EAD now? Can i e-file with $340 fee?
You can definitely efile. I did not apply for EAD with my I-485 during July VB fiasco, but I efiled with the new filing fee in September 07 and got it approved in 2 months.
__________________
Contribution > $1,000
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-28-2008, 12:26 AM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 20
gantilk is on a distinguished road
Default

Thanks Desertfox. Did you send any supporting documents. there were contradicting opinions on whether to send or not send any additional documentation after e-filing EAD. Please let us know what you sent or not sent?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-28-2008, 10:16 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 328
waitin_toolong will become famous soon enough waitin_toolong will become famous soon enough
Default

that provision was only during the fiasco, you can efile and should send the documents as requested.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/22/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 38
maxy is a jewel in the rough maxy is a jewel in the rough maxy is a jewel in the rough
Default

this renewal i believe will be with new fees, so will it be extended for 1 yr or 3 yrs ?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-28-2008, 10:44 AM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 20
gantilk is on a distinguished road
Default is $340 the new fees?

when you say new fees, i assuem it is $340 . Correct ??
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-28-2008, 10:53 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/22/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 38
maxy is a jewel in the rough maxy is a jewel in the rough maxy is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gantilk View Post
when you say new fees, i assuem it is $340 . Correct ??

correct.

but i am not sure renewal will be for 1 yr or 3 yrs ?
anyone here knows..?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 237
Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gantilk View Post
Thanks Desertfox. Did you send any supporting documents. there were contradicting opinions on whether to send or not send any additional documentation after e-filing EAD. Please let us know what you sent or not sent?
You will have to send a copy of of your E-file receipt, pending I-485 receipt, two 2"x2" passport photograph, copy of your previous EAD, drivers license & non-immigrant visa page (even if its expired, it will serve as a federal issued photo ID) from your passport.

You must read the I-765 instruction document available for download. Also the E-file receipt will have a list of DOs and DONTs on it.
__________________
Contribution > $1,000
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #9 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 9
bestoption is on a distinguished road
Default Address to send E-file support documents by courier

The address listed on the E-file generated receipt/Document is P.O. BOX 852401 in Mewquite, TX 75185. Is there another physical address of USCIS for e-filers of EAD to send the supporting documents by courier/FedEx.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #10 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2008, 12:53 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 151
nashim will become famous soon enough
Default

Hi,
Can some body please let me know exactly what documents need to be send after e-filing for EAD renewal.

Following points are mentioned in the e-filing confirmation Receipts:

1) DO attached one copy of this Confirmation Receipts
2) DO keep the extra copy of confirmation receipt for your record.
3) DO NOT send a copy of your e- filing application
4) DO NOT include any applications or fee
5) DO NOT mail photos or copies of identification

I did NOT find any where like we need to send, passport copy, drive license copy, photo.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #11 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2008, 01:36 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 50
rayen can only hope to improve
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertfox View Post
You can definitely efile. I did not apply for EAD with my I-485 during July VB fiasco, but I efiled with the new filing fee in September 07 and got it approved in 2 months.
Dear Desertfox: Can you please advice me on the below 2 questions while efile (756 - EAD)
1. Q 14 - Manner of Last Entry into the U.S.:
(Visitor, Student, etc.) - Which option has to select from List of Values. ( DA: ADVANCE PAROLE (DISTRICT AUTH)?.

2. What do I mention for this : For (c)(9) eligibility status only
Please select the location where your
I-485 is pending:

Please provide information concerning your eligibility status:

Thanks,
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #12 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2008, 02:19 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2005
Compare
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 54
lvaka is on a distinguished road
Default E File selection

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayen View Post
Dear Desertfox: Can you please advice me on the below 2 questions while efile (756 - EAD)
1. Q 14 - Manner of Last Entry into the U.S.:
(Visitor, Student, etc.) - Which option has to select from List of Values. ( DA: ADVANCE PAROLE (DISTRICT AUTH)?.

2. What do I mention for this : For (c)(9) eligibility status only
Please select the location where your
I-485 is pending:

Please provide information concerning your eligibility status:

Thanks,
Hi,

1. I was been advised by my Lawyer to pick "PAR -Parolee" if we have used our AP. But if we have last entered using H1 B then we have to pick "H1 B"

2. We have to provide the following in this field
485 receipt number - xxxxxxx
140 receipt number - xxxxxxx (This is optional)

I would put the first line with the 485 receipt number
__________________
-Lalith

PD - Oct 2005 (EB3 )
I140 - Approved from Nebraska
485/AP/EAD - applied July 9th 07
EAD Approved Sept 18th 07
FP Notice Sept 20th 07
1st EAD Renewal Applied May 21st 08
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #13 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2008, 03:22 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 276
mariner5555 is a glorious beacon of light mariner5555 is a glorious beacon of light mariner5555 is a glorious beacon of light mariner5555 is a glorious beacon of light mariner5555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashim View Post
Hi,
Can some body please let me know exactly what documents need to be send after e-filing for EAD renewal.

Following points are mentioned in the e-filing confirmation Receipts:

1) DO attached one copy of this Confirmation Receipts
2) DO keep the extra copy of confirmation receipt for your record.
3) DO NOT send a copy of your e- filing application
4) DO NOT include any applications or fee
5) DO NOT mail photos or copies of identification

I did NOT find any where like we need to send, passport copy, drive license copy, photo.
yes ..you don't have to send the photographs or DL copy. if you efile, you can send copy of 485 recpt copy but they don't ask that anywhere ..
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #14 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 50
rayen can only hope to improve
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvaka View Post
Hi,

1. I was been advised by my Lawyer to pick "PAR -Parolee" if we have used our AP. But if we have last entered using H1 B then we have to pick "H1 B"

2. We have to provide the following in this field
485 receipt number - xxxxxxx
140 receipt number - xxxxxxx (This is optional)

I would put the first line with the 485 receipt number
Lalith,

Thanks for the promt update.

Thanks again.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pre-adjudicated cases July/August 2007 Filers Nabeel Recent Blogs 21 07-30-2010 06:52 AM
2nd Round of FP Notices for July 2007 filers rb_248 Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. 15 08-19-2008 01:48 PM
Name Check - July 2007 filers BharatPremi FBI namecheck delays and Writ of Mandamus 4 04-04-2008 04:30 PM
Let's track FP for July2nd - July 16,2007 filers fetch_gc Fingerprinting during 485 stage 0 11-01-2007 10:13 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org