Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Australia
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
abiallan is on a distinguished road

hi guys..

we can all discuss here, many will get busy and everything, some will lose interest, many will procrastinate and have the "let others do it" attitude...but the few who want to make a difference, I am ready for it if people agree ?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2008, 04:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Compare
reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default First post

Quote:
Originally Posted by abiallan View Post
hi guys..

we can all discuss here, many will get busy and everything, some will lose interest, many will procrastinate and have the "let others do it" attitude...but the few who want to make a difference, I am ready for it if people agree ?
Welcome...

Old 10-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
getrdone will become famous soon enough
Default WOM? application still under processing dates?

does the RD needs to be outside of processing dates? to file wom??
Or if the PD hasbeen current for 1 yr ?

thanks all !!

PD july, 01
RD july2, 07

Old 10-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by getrdone View Post
does the RD needs to be outside of processing dates? to file wom??
Or if the PD hasbeen current for 1 yr ?

thanks all !!

PD july, 01
RD july2, 07
You need to show that the delay is unreasonable. If RD is not outside of processing dates, how can you do that? USCIS will simply reply that it's working on your case.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
surabhi is a splendid one to behold surabhi is a splendid one to behold surabhi is a splendid one to behold surabhi is a splendid one to behold surabhi is a splendid one to behold surabhi is a splendid one to behold surabhi is a splendid one to behold

The first question raised by judge in the recent WOM ( not for AOS dealys, but for EAD) that I filed was about the jurisdiction of the federal district court. Judge reffered that the pace at which USCIS approves applications is discretionary and quoted number of AOS related law suits. Hence courts may have no jurisdiction on this matter.

I filed brief arguing why this should come under jurisdiction of the court( thanks to inputs from Lazycis) and I am awaiting the final opinion from Judge in this matter.

It appears there is no conculsive opinion about the jurisdiction of the district courts in this matter. Hence the success of WOM differs from case to case.

Last edited by surabhi; 10-16-2008 at 11:52 AM.