Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2008, 12:45 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 42
mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of
Default EAD, AP efiled at wrong service center

I efiled EAD and AP for my wife and myself over this weekend. My earlier documents had been filed at TSC. In answering Question 11 of EAD, I "assumed" Dallas TX Field office and USCIS TSC are one and the same. So I selected Dallas TX Field office as the answer.

When the receipts were generated for our applications they were generated for National Benefits Center with MSC as the prefix. This got me confused and I asked this question (Correct Address?) on IV. This evening to research what is going on I started a dummy application and saw what I had done wrong. I canceled the dummy application.

I am writing this to alert anyone to not do the same mistake. I am mighty concerned. I will call USCIS tomorrow morning and ask on what will happen and where should I send me supporting documents. I will also get hold of some local attorney.

In the mean time what do you guys think of our situation. Any experiences, ideas? Please share. This will be long night :-|
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2008, 03:35 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 301
senk1s is a jewel in the rough senk1s is a jewel in the rough senk1s is a jewel in the rough senk1s is a jewel in the rough
Default

I read a post (sorry dont have the link) that they had juxtaposed first and last names while filling the app - called uscis and got it corrected.

You should call in with the receipt number reference and request to get it fixed
__________________
__________________
Disclaimer: NOT Legal Advice


Jan 2005 - EB3-PD
140/485/EAD/AP - Applied concurrently (Nebraska)

Aug 16, 2007 - RD, Oct 3, 2007 - ND (all case #s are LIN-08-00)
FP date Nov 6 (done)
i765 self and spouse - approved Nov 23
i131 self and spouse - lud Oct 9, Jan 30, Jan 31- doc mailed email Feb 4

i140 - lud Oct 4, Dec 18
i485 self and spouse - lud Oct 9, Nov 7, Dec 18
i765 self and spouse renewal e-file ND/RD -Jul 28 FP Aug 16 Cards recd Aug 28

Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2008, 01:05 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 42
mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of
Default

Called USCIS and they are asking me to take an Infopass appointment.

Update1: Infopass appointment was not useful. They asked us to wait for the notification from MSC.

Last edited by mirchiseth; 06-04-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 873
Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute
Default Send a letter along with supporting docs

Sorry to hear that case is gone to wrong office. The (c)(9)() class of EAD filing instruction is that it must be sent where I485 is being processed.

During infopass visit, officer must have given some clue.

If I were you, I would be sending the supporting documents with a covering letter stating the blunder. This type of mistake should not be uncommon to USCIS offices and they should have procedures to fix it.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 301
senk1s is a jewel in the rough senk1s is a jewel in the rough senk1s is a jewel in the rough senk1s is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirchiseth View Post
Called USCIS and they are asking me to take an Infopass appointment.

Update1: Infopass appointment was not useful. They asked us to wait for the notification from MSC.
Sorry to hear about that ... try taking another infopass ... they should assist.
Like dhundhun said there must be a procedure for shuttling packets between offices

(When we did a infopass for EAD delay - we got a really good rep - but for a friend of mine the rep was less than helpful - for the exact same thing)
__________________
__________________
Disclaimer: NOT Legal Advice


Jan 2005 - EB3-PD
140/485/EAD/AP - Applied concurrently (Nebraska)

Aug 16, 2007 - RD, Oct 3, 2007 - ND (all case #s are LIN-08-00)
FP date Nov 6 (done)
i765 self and spouse - approved Nov 23
i131 self and spouse - lud Oct 9, Jan 30, Jan 31- doc mailed email Feb 4

i140 - lud Oct 4, Dec 18
i485 self and spouse - lud Oct 9, Nov 7, Dec 18
i765 self and spouse renewal e-file ND/RD -Jul 28 FP Aug 16 Cards recd Aug 28

Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2008, 06:27 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 14
user9 is on a distinguished road
Default Are you sure??

Dhundhun,

I hold high regard for your postings...but in the 765 manual, I could not find any such rule that you just mentioned..Here is an excerpt from Pg 9 of

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765instr.pdf

If your response to Question 16 is (c)(9) ....
Otherwise, if you filed your I-485 adjustment application with
a USCIS Service Center, you must file Form I-765 at the
Nebraska Service Center or the Texas Service Center,
depending on where you live (see the following addresses)......


Are you sure ??

I have recently moved from Ohio to Pennsylvania and am about to file for renewal. Thanks....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhundhun View Post
Sorry to hear that case is gone to wrong office. The (c)(9)() class of EAD filing instruction is that it must be sent where I485 is being processed.

During infopass visit, officer must have given some clue.

If I were you, I would be sending the supporting documents with a covering letter stating the blunder. This type of mistake should not be uncommon to USCIS offices and they should have procedures to fix it.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 102
bidhanc is on a distinguished road
Default

You are absolutely right abt the excerpt.
You need to send the EAD according to where you live (with pending 485 and Q16 answered with C9)

Bidhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by user9 View Post
Dhundhun,

I hold high regard for your postings...but in the 765 manual, I could not find any such rule that you just mentioned..Here is an excerpt from Pg 9 of

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765instr.pdf

If your response to Question 16 is (c)(9) ....
Otherwise, if you filed your I-485 adjustment application with
a USCIS Service Center, you must file Form I-765 at the
Nebraska Service Center or the Texas Service Center,
depending on where you live (see the following addresses)......


Are you sure ??

I have recently moved from Ohio to Pennsylvania and am about to file for renewal. Thanks....
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 102
bidhanc is on a distinguished road
Default

Hi,

On a side note, could you share what documentation you had to send for e-filing for advanced parole?

Thanks
Bidhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirchiseth View Post
I efiled EAD and AP for my wife and myself over this weekend. My earlier documents had been filed at TSC. In answering Question 11 of EAD, I "assumed" Dallas TX Field office and USCIS TSC are one and the same. So I selected Dallas TX Field office as the answer.

When the receipts were generated for our applications they were generated for National Benefits Center with MSC as the prefix. This got me confused and I asked this question (Correct Address?) on IV. This evening to research what is going on I started a dummy application and saw what I had done wrong. I canceled the dummy application.

I am writing this to alert anyone to not do the same mistake. I am mighty concerned. I will call USCIS tomorrow morning and ask on what will happen and where should I send me supporting documents. I will also get hold of some local attorney.

In the mean time what do you guys think of our situation. Any experiences, ideas? Please share. This will be long night :-|
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 873
Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by user9 View Post
Dhundhun,

I hold high regard for your postings...but in the 765 manual, I could not find any such rule that you just mentioned..Here is an excerpt from Pg 9 of

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765instr.pdf

If your response to Question 16 is (c)(9) ....
Otherwise, if you filed your I-485 adjustment application with
a USCIS Service Center, you must file Form I-765 at the
Nebraska Service Center or the Texas Service Center,
depending on where you live (see the following addresses)......


Are you sure ??

I have recently moved from Ohio to Pennsylvania and am about to file for renewal. Thanks....
Where to send application? This is part of instructions describing Federal Code Section "8 CFR 274a.12" and where to send.

We understand that http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765instr.pdf is main reference.

This document also summarizes where to send EAD application: http://www.visapro.com/US-INS-Forms/Form-I-765.asp.
for (c)(9) I-485 pending

-- #1 Either Service Center with jurisdiction over your residence (NSC or TSC)
-- #2 or Local Office - depending on where your case is pending

The #1 is consistent with http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765instr.pdf. I am confused about it #2 and perhaps my interpretation is not correct. NSC and TSC is not Local Office. As long as case is with NSC and TSC, we may need to send I-765 based on juridiction.

I have other observation also: http://www..com/discussion-f...147/last-page/
People are filing based on #1 and #2 above and it has been going OK. Seems that USCIS is able to process regardless.

Last edited by Dhundhun; 06-04-2008 at 08:35 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2008, 01:33 AM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 14
user9 is on a distinguished road
Default Older I765 forms being generated

Seems like finally you nailed it Dhundhun...

Also at

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0048f3d6a1RCRD

read under the section

Applications/Petitions filed at this Service Center


Since all applications and petitions adjudicated at the NSC are entered into the electronic receipting systems for tracking, any application or petition received at the NSC and that has been accepted elsewhere by a USCIS office will be assigned a "LIN" (short for Lincoln.) number.

Also, just today, my lawyer asked me to file where the I485 is pending. After I filled the application online today, it too generated the LIN address where my 485 is pending, although I have now moved to PA which is under the Texas service center.

I have a quick question for everyone who has filed online. The I765 that is generated and appended at the end of the receipt pdf is an older version for me. The top left corner header is U.S. Department of Homeland Security,
Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Service
and the top right header is some OMB# and Expires 04-30-05. The bottom right footer reads Form I-765 (Rev. 5/09/02)Y

Q11. Also reads

Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from BCIS?

Which CIS Office?

Did anyone of you get the same older version. Because I would expect the online receipt form to resemble the latest paper version. Which it doesn't..atleast for me??

Please respond...Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhundhun View Post
Where to send application? This is part of instructions describing Federal Code Section "8 CFR 274a.12" and where to send.

We understand that http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765instr.pdf is main reference.

This document also summarizes where to send EAD application: http://www.visapro.com/US-INS-Forms/Form-I-765.asp.
for (c)(9) I-485 pending

-- #1 Either Service Center with jurisdiction over your residence (NSC or TSC)
-- #2 or Local Office - depending on where your case is pending

The #1 is consistent with http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765instr.pdf. I am confused about it #2 and perhaps my interpretation is not correct. NSC and TSC is not Local Office. As long as case is with NSC and TSC, we may need to send I-765 based on juridiction.

I have other observation also: http://www..com/discussion-f...147/last-page/
People are filing based on #1 and #2 above and it has been going OK. Seems that USCIS is able to process regardless.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #11 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 42
mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of
Default

I spoke with USCIS again this morning and this time got hold of a more helping IO. She said it should not pose a problem and NBC should be able to approve I-765 and I131 from their end it self. Also my future employer's immigration team also said it should not pose a problem.

I am still concerned and I shared my concerns with future employer. They graciously agreed to transfer the H1 which is a much safer bet now.

I have done couple of H1 transfers in the past. But this is the first with AOS pending and I-140 approved. Is there any thing different or gotchas that gurus want to share.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #12 (permalink)  
Old 06-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 14
user9 is on a distinguished road
Default

That's good for you. As long as you understand the pro's and con's of invoking the H1B as well. The con's mostly depend on whether you have already exhausted your 6 years of permitted H1B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirchiseth View Post
I spoke with USCIS again this morning and this time got hold of a more helping IO.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #13 (permalink)  
Old 06-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 42
mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of mirchiseth has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
The con's mostly depend on whether you have already exhausted your 6 years of permitted H1B.
From my understanding if one has approved I-140 and I485 pending > 180 days, 6 year limit on H1b doesn't hold. At my present employer I am on h1b and this is my 9th year. I am quite sure a lot of folks on the forums are in the same situation.

Does anyone think it would be problematic to transfer H1,

if the person is in the > 6 year of stay on H1B
has approved I-140 and
I495 pending > 485 days
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #14 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2008, 07:17 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 58
inthehole can only hope to improve
Default efile sent my application to different service center

I filed my 485 at Nebraska Service Center. Recently I changed jobs and I moved to Connecticut. According to my address I must file my EAD application to TSC. But, when I did the efile, I received a LIN number as my confirmation. And the confirmation message asked to send the supporting documents to Nebraska Service Center.

I don't know if this is ok.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #15 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2008, 11:31 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2009
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 14
ivorycard can only hope to improve
Default E-FILED I-131 - AP. The final receipts tells to send to TSC for OH.

I recently moved to Cincinnati, OH.

My I-485 was filled in TSC; when I did an e-file today for I-131, the receipt confirmation documents to send it to TSC.

All other documents on the uscis site suggest sending it to NSC based on OH State.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EAD filed at wrong service center sarahadam Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. 4 08-18-2008 12:47 PM
Urgent please suggest - EAD/AP renewel forms sent to wrong Service Center nk2006 Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications 0 05-29-2008 10:38 PM
My friend Sent EAD & 131 wrong service center ksairi All other Green Card Issues 16 08-18-2007 10:06 PM
sent application to wrong service center :confused: pamposh All other Green Card Issues 10 08-08-2007 02:39 PM
HELP: I-485 filed in a wrong service center ivorycard Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins 2 07-24-2007 08:43 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org