Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/08/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
gundlapalli5217 can only hope to improve
Default DHS : EADs with Two-Year Validity by June 2008!

U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Michael Chertoff announced in his State of Immigration Address, on June 9, 2008, that the DHS will begin issuing Employment Authorization Documents (EADs) with two-year validity for certain I-485, Adjustment of Status (green card), applicants. Currently, the validity of an EAD is limited to one year, necessitating the annual expense and recurring frustration for the employer and the employee seeking EAD approval in order that the foreign national may continue working. The new two- year EADs will be issued to applicants with I-485 Adjustment of Status cases that are expected to remain pending for more than one year.
©MurthyDotCom
According to Secretary Chertoff, the two-year EADs could possibly be issued as early as June 2008. No more specific information was provided. This is an extremely positive development, designed to "eliminate a persistent source of frustration." We at the Murthy Law Firm will alert our readers to further details or procedures for filing for the two-year EAD. This is very good news for U.S. employers and their employees going through the green card process.

http://www.murthy.com/nflash/newsflash_popup.html
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2008, 04:08 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/02/2011
Compare
gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute
Default That is old news..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundlapalli5217 View Post
U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Michael Chertoff announced in his State of Immigration Address, on June 9, 2008, that the DHS will begin issuing Employment Authorization Documents (EADs) with two-year validity for certain I-485, Adjustment of Status (green card), applicants. Currently, the validity of an EAD is limited to one year, necessitating the annual expense and recurring frustration for the employer and the employee seeking EAD approval in order that the foreign national may continue working. The new two- year EADs will be issued to applicants with I-485 Adjustment of Status cases that are expected to remain pending for more than one year.
©MurthyDotCom
According to Secretary Chertoff, the two-year EADs could possibly be issued as early as June 2008. No more specific information was provided. This is an extremely positive development, designed to "eliminate a persistent source of frustration." We at the Murthy Law Firm will alert our readers to further details or procedures for filing for the two-year EAD. This is very good news for U.S. employers and their employees going through the green card process.

http://www.murthy.com/nflash/newsflash_popup.html

Please see thread before u create one. There are 3-4 threads regarding this one yesterday or day bfore..

Old 06-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
razis123 is infamous around these parts
Default Procedure for 2 year EAD?

What does Murthy lawfirm wants to say? is there a different procedure to apply for 2 year EAD? I have sent my application for EAD last week but i hope i get 2 year EAD...anyhow cant rely on uscis..anything can happen