Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 03:47 PM
Donor/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/22/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute

What can be done -
1)Understand the background of this initiative and believe in it (read 1st post of original "want to file i485 filing?" thread, "Support for I485 filing thread" along with the 1st post of this thread.
2) Realize that this initiative has full backing of IV and all we need is maximum support on the survey and a platform of thousands of impacted members who can work on action items.
3)EACH impacted member become a volunteer to spread message of this initiative. Send ivcoordinator@gmail.com msg with subject "impacted i485 filing member" with 1) PD 2) State of residence, 3) IV handle. Get 10 other members each to respond with similar information. If every member could bring in 5-10 members, we would have reached our goal and launched public action items several months back.

Alternative -
1) Not believe in this initiative and not participate...Sit back and assume nothing can be done.
2) Vote on survey but not actively volunteer to spread the message of this inititave and get others involved.
3) Be prepared to extend H1B/I797 indefinitely while waiting for visa bulleting movement (which, by the way, is slowing down significantly except for minor jumps in last quarter every year)
4) Be prepared for H1B visa stamping process frequently and the associated TAL/security checks/additional administrative processing which are increasing day by day. A significant % of visa applicants at consulates are being delayed due to TAL/security checks and while most cases are cleared in 6-12 weeks, a small unfortunate fraction of impacted visa applicants have been stuck for months (a close friend of mine - IT security analyst - got stuck with TAL check at chennai US onsulate and his "additional admin processing" went on for 7.5 months).Consider this before deciding you can wait for PD to be current and do not need this fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin_27 View Post
Adding this info to make sure it is viewed and not lost in the bigger thread.

As suggested by several members on this thread, IV has set a goal of April 30th, 2011 to determine if there is even enough appetite within the EB community to proceed with this USCIS Admin Fix initiative or not.

Original Thread with Voting/Survey -
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1974292

As we know the initial goal was to use this survey to determine how many members will be benefitted by I-485 filing without current priority date. Rough calculations using PERM data showed that at least 50-70K folks are waiting to file I-485 since July 2007 (around 5K-6K out of this are those with PDs prior to June/July 2007 missed the July 2007 boat).
So far we have had around 1200 such members respond. We need to see support of at least 5000 members in order for IV to launch the public action items. These action items include, but are not limited to, writing en-masse (i.e. in thousands) over 2-3 weeks to several concerned departments about the need for this USCIS administrative fix. Few other very interesting proposals/ideas are also being considered. All we need is our folks to BELIEVE that this initiative is worth investing in.

The IV forum is the best and only place for the impacted EB community to gather and that is why the number of votes on the survey is a great indication of our frustration and motivation to work with IV for this important admin fix.

So, we now have a Deadline and an Objective. It is up to our impacted members to decide on whether to still stick to silly excuses (why should I become a member, why should i vote on survey etc etc.) or DO something about getting this admin fix. It is surprising that we are not more desperate for this fix and are not convincing and pushing IV harder and harder to start working with USCIS to allow I485 filing with current PD (and all the benefits like EAD, AP that go with it).
Are we more comfortable with the alternative - Waiting endelesslly to file I-485 (at least 2-5 years for post July 2007 folks from any category), keep depending on H1B extensions in an uncertain immigration scenario where H1B RFE's, rejections, visa denials due to "admin processing" etc are on a steep rise? The choice is ours to make.
As a final reminder - please act and convince your friends/colleagues to participate in this initiative and send ivcoordinator@gmail.com the details requested below.
Please keep following and participating on the I485 thread to show your desperation for this fix.

Our USCIS admin fix efforts go in parallel with IV advocacy efforts (Advocacy Event on April 4th, 5th, 2011) and every member should participate in BOTH to help get ourselves out of this situation.

How to spread the message about this I485 filing initiative?
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post2243885 (Support Thread for "I485 filing w/o Curr. PD" initiative)

I485 Filing Initiative - Flier Attached

Old 03-26-2011, 02:40 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future

Bump

Old 03-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute

Bump
Quote:
What can be done -
1)Understand the background of this initiative and believe in it (read 1st post of original "want to file i485 filing?" thread, "Support for I485 filing thread" along with the 1st post of this thread.
2) Realize that this initiative has full backing of IV and all we need is maximum support on the survey and a platform of thousands of impacted members who can work on action items.
3)EACH impacted member become a volunteer to spread message of this initiative. Send ivcoordinator@gmail.com msg with subject "impacted i485 filing member" with 1) PD 2) State of residence, 3) IV handle. Get 10 other members each to respond with similar information. If every member could bring in 5-10 members, we would have reached our goal and launched public action items several months back.

Alternative -
1) Not believe in this initiative and not participate...Sit back and assume nothing can be done.
2) Vote on survey but not actively volunteer to spread the message of this inititave and get others involved.
3) Be prepared to extend H1B/I797 indefinitely while waiting for visa bulleting movement (which, by the way, is slowing down significantly except for minor jumps in last quarter every year)
4) Be prepared for H1B visa stamping process frequently and the associated TAL/security checks/additional administrative processing which are increasing day by day. A significant % of visa applicants at consulates are being delayed due to TAL/security checks and while most cases are cleared in 6-12 weeks, a small unfortunate fraction of impacted visa applicants have been stuck for months (a close friend of mine - IT security analyst - got stuck with TAL check at chennai US onsulate and his "additional admin processing" went on for 7.5 months).Consider this before deciding you can wait for PD to be current and do not need this fix.
c) priority date and
d)location to i485.mailing.list@gmail.com .

Until Congress enacts legislation to eliminate backlogs, people who cannot file I485 will always be in limbo and at the mercy of endless H1B visa extensions and visa stamps. Join us and be a part of future IV initiatives to push USCIS to allow I485 filing without current PD.
Wiki
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2011, 09:03 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute

Bump
Quote:

As suggested by several members on this thread, IV has set a goal of April 30th, 2011 to determine if there is even enough appetite within the EB community to proceed with this USCIS Admin Fix initiative or not.

As we know the initial goal was to use this survey to determine how many members will be benefitted by I-485 filing without current priority date. Rough calculations using PERM data showed that at least 50-70K folks are waiting to file I-485 since July 2007 (around 5K-6K out of this are those with PDs prior to June/July 2007 missed the July 2007 boat).
So far we have had around 1200 such members respond. We need to see support of at least 5000 members in order for IV to launch the public action items. These action items include, but are not limited to, writing en-masse (i.e. in thousands) over 2-3 weeks to several concerned departments about the need for this USCIS administrative fix. Few other very interesting proposals/ideas are also being considered. All we need is our folks to BELIEVE that this initiative is worth investing in.

The IV forum is the best and only place for the impacted EB community to gather and that is why the number of votes on the survey is a great indication of our frustration and motivation to work with IV for this important admin fix.

So, we now have a Deadline and an Objective. It is up to our impacted members to decide on whether to still stick to silly excuses (why should I become a member, why should i vote on survey etc etc.) or DO something about getting this admin fix. It is surprising that we are not more desperate for this fix and are not convincing and pushing IV harder and harder to start working with USCIS to allow I485 filing with current PD (and all the benefits like EAD, AP that go with it).
Are we more comfortable with the alternative - Waiting endelesslly to file I-485 (at least 2-5 years for post July 2007 folks from any category), keep depending on H1B extensions in an uncertain immigration scenario where H1B RFE's, rejections, visa denials due to "admin processing" etc are on a steep rise? The choice is ours to make.
As a final reminder - please act and convince your friends/colleagues to participate in this initiative and send ivcoordinator@gmail.com the details requested below.
Please keep following and participating on the I485 thread to show your desperation for this fix.

Our USCIS admin fix efforts go in parallel with IV advocacy efforts (Advocacy Event on April 4th, 5th, 2011) and every member should participate in BOTH to help get ourselves out of this situation.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post2243885 (Support Thread for "I485 filing w/o Curr. PD" initiative)

c) priority date and

Until Congress enacts legislation to eliminate backlogs, people who cannot file I485 will always be in limbo and at the mercy of endless H1B visa extensions and visa stamps. Join us and be a part of future IV initiatives to push USCIS to allow I485 filing without current PD.
Wiki

Old 03-29-2011, 10:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/23/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/11/2011
Compare
ameerka_dream has a reputation beyond repute ameerka_dream has a reputation beyond repute ameerka_dream has a reputation beyond repute ameerka_dream has a reputation beyond repute ameerka_dream has a reputation beyond repute ameerka_dream has a reputation beyond repute ameerka_dream has a reputation beyond repute ameerka_dream has a reputation beyond repute ameerka_dream has a reputation beyond repute ameerka_dream has a reputation beyond repute ameerka_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default ^^^^^^^^^^bump^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^bump^^^^^^^^^^

Old 03-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Bump

^^^^^
c) priority date and

Wiki

Old 03-30-2011, 09:59 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Bump
Quote:

c) priority date and

Wiki

Old 03-30-2011, 11:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/23/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/11/2011
Compare
ameerka_dream has a reputation beyond repute ameerka_dream has a reputation beyond repute ameerka_dream has a reputation beyond repute ameerka_dream has a reputation beyond repute ameerka_dream has a reputation beyond repute ameerka_dream has a reputation beyond repute ameerka_dream has a reputation beyond repute ameerka_dream has a reputation beyond repute ameerka_dream has a reputation beyond repute ameerka_dream has a reputation beyond repute ameerka_dream has a reputation beyond repute

^^^^^^^^^^bump^^^^^^^^^^

Old 03-30-2011, 01:23 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Bump

^^^^^
c) priority date and

Wiki

Old 03-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/23/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/11/2011
Compare
Default what's your problem being an EB1 applicant..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDG View Post

Giving I-485 benefits to people without current PDs is a bad idea.
so what 's good idea to you......putting all of EB applicants who are waiting to file 485 in waiting state until you get your GC is a good idea?

First of all, why are you being worried about this action item being EB1 applicant and you will get your GC in no time...

I don't think you are from EB1 category...You are selfish mind who holds EAD and doesn't want other EB applicants to come in to 485 waiting line.

would you have had the same thought if there was no July 07 fiasco and if you would need to wait in the line........selfish minds like you can't stop this action item.

Stop opposing this item here. &&%^%^%$$#####

Old 03-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute

With due respect, your argument is really convoluted. Any administrative fix from the USCIS goes in parallel with the legislative fixes that IV is actively lobbying for. So it is really vague to argue and define this as creating a class of applicants who fall into no clear category..and even if it does, what is the harm?
I think you are clearly not familiar with the plight of retrogressed categories from which applicants are waiting for 4-5 years merely to file their I-485 application (and the wait is certainly not in "months" as you refer to in your argument).
This is not a mere policy argument..this is a humanitarian argument. What justice does it do to leave thousands (75,000 at the last count) of LEGITIMATE HIGH-SkILLED applicants with approved Labor and I-140, wait in temporary visa status based on a backlog created by outdated and antiquated laws? While we work to petition the Congress to reform those antiquated laws, an admin fix of this kind is an ABSOLUTE neccesity.
The Department of state already has a similar two-layer process of assigning a "qualifying date' to a candidate and then process applications based on their priority dates. so there is not reason (apart from the USCIS lack of interest in pursuing logistical and system upgrades) to create this admin fix for the 60,000-70,000 applicants waiting patiently for years in a huge legal queue created by outdated laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDG View Post
I initially voted in favour of this, but on further reflection, I think this is bad policy and urge others to not support this.

Giving I-485 benefits to people without current PDs is a bad idea. It creates a class of immigrants who are neither non-immigrant visa holders (h1b) nor are they lawful permanent residents (i-551) with a set of rights that falls into neither category. The AoS pending status is intended as a short-duration temporary "gap" coverage for people who are a matter of months from having actual I-551 rights.

Essentially, this proposal aims to make every month into the July 2007 fiasco. In addition, and this is the truly horrible part of it, relieves US employers of the pressure and costs they feel now, extending H1Bs every 3 years. That means that the only allies that legal EB immigrants have (US Employers who require their services) are detached from the immigrants themselves...they no longer have a dog in the hunt, and will stop whatever pressure they are bringing to bear now upon Congresscritters and Senators to increase the number of EB visas available.

Disconnecting the interests of foreign-national employees from their US employers will weaken the political position of the foreign-national employees. We cannot vote or contribute to campaigns, our employers however, can do both. If employees are shifted to EADs and APs, with no further involvement of employers in their immigration status needed, then those employers become disconnected from the process, and the one and only ally the legal immigrant has is no longer interested. That's a horrible thing for the immigrant to advocate.

I strongly urge IV to back away from this proposal, as it is not in the long-term interests of the EB Immigrant community. I urge IV to instead focus their resources on items that will help immigrants long term, like increasing the number of EB visas available through initiatives like eliminating the DV program and allocating the visas to EB applicants.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/23/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/11/2011
Compare

^^^^^^^^^^bump^^^^^^^^^^

Old 03-31-2011, 02:02 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Bump
Quote:

c) priority date and

Wiki

Old 03-31-2011, 08:49 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ good evening gc $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Old 04-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/23/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/11/2011
Compare

^^^^^^^^^^bump^^^^^^^^^^