Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Donor/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/22/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 04/30 DEADLINE for "I485 filing w/o current PD" initiative

Adding this info to make sure it is viewed and not lost in the bigger thread.

As suggested by several members on this thread, IV has set a goal of April 30th, 2011 to determine if there is even enough appetite within the EB community to proceed with this USCIS Admin Fix initiative or not.

Original Thread with Voting/Survey -
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1974292

As we know the initial goal was to use this survey to determine how many members will be benefitted by I-485 filing without current priority date. Rough calculations using PERM data showed that at least 50-70K folks are waiting to file I-485 since July 2007 (around 5K-6K out of this are those with PDs prior to June/July 2007 missed the July 2007 boat).
So far we have had around 1200 such members respond. We need to see support of at least 5000 members in order for IV to launch the public action items. These action items include, but are not limited to, writing en-masse (i.e. in thousands) over 2-3 weeks to several concerned departments about the need for this USCIS administrative fix. Few other very interesting proposals/ideas are also being considered. All we need is our folks to BELIEVE that this initiative is worth investing in.

The IV forum is the best and only place for the impacted EB community to gather and that is why the number of votes on the survey is a great indication of our frustration and motivation to work with IV for this important admin fix.

So, we now have a Deadline and an Objective. It is up to our impacted members to decide on whether to still stick to silly excuses (why should I become a member, why should i vote on survey etc etc.) or DO something about getting this admin fix. It is surprising that we are not more desperate for this fix and are not convincing and pushing IV harder and harder to start working with USCIS to allow I485 filing with current PD (and all the benefits like EAD, AP that go with it).
Are we more comfortable with the alternative - Waiting endelesslly to file I-485 (at least 2-5 years for post July 2007 folks from any category), keep depending on H1B extensions in an uncertain immigration scenario where H1B RFE's, rejections, visa denials due to "admin processing" etc are on a steep rise? The choice is ours to make.
As a final reminder - please act and convince your friends/colleagues to participate in this initiative and send ivcoordinator@gmail.com the details requested below.
Please keep following and participating on the I485 thread to show your desperation for this fix.

Our USCIS admin fix efforts go in parallel with IV advocacy efforts (Advocacy Event on April 4th, 5th, 2011) and every member should participate in BOTH to help get ourselves out of this situation.

How to spread the message about this I485 filing initiative?
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post2243885 (Support Thread for "I485 filing w/o Curr. PD" initiative)

I485 Filing Initiative - Flier Attached
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Flier_I485_latest2.pdf (122.1 KB, 65 views)

Last edited by ashwin_27; 03-10-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute

bump

Old 03-11-2011, 07:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute

This is the final chance for EB folks waiting to file I-485 to raise their voices and make this campaign successful.
Pls work on this initiative (USCIS admin fix) together with IV Advocacy Event for legislative fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin_27 View Post

As suggested by several members on this thread, IV has set a goal of April 30th, 2011 to determine if there is even enough appetite within the EB community to proceed with this USCIS Admin Fix initiative or not.

As we know the initial goal was to use this survey to determine how many members will be benefitted by I-485 filing without current priority date. Rough calculations using PERM data showed that at least 50-70K folks are waiting to file I-485 since July 2007 (around 5K-6K out of this are those with PDs prior to June/July 2007 missed the July 2007 boat).
So far we have had around 1200 such members respond. We need to see support of at least 5000 members in order for IV to launch the public action items. These action items include, but are not limited to, writing en-masse (i.e. in thousands) over 2-3 weeks to several concerned departments about the need for this USCIS administrative fix. Few other very interesting proposals/ideas are also being considered. All we need is our folks to BELIEVE that this initiative is worth investing in.

The IV forum is the best and only place for the impacted EB community to gather and that is why the number of votes on the survey is a great indication of our frustration and motivation to work with IV for this important admin fix.

So, we now have a Deadline and an Objective. It is up to our impacted members to decide on whether to still stick to silly excuses (why should I become a member, why should i vote on survey etc etc.) or DO something about getting this admin fix. It is surprising that we are not more desperate for this fix and are not convincing and pushing IV harder and harder to start working with USCIS to allow I485 filing with current PD (and all the benefits like EAD, AP that go with it).
Are we more comfortable with the alternative - Waiting endelesslly to file I-485 (at least 2-5 years for post July 2007 folks from any category), keep depending on H1B extensions in an uncertain immigration scenario where H1B RFE's, rejections, visa denials due to "admin processing" etc are on a steep rise? The choice is ours to make.
As a final reminder - please act and convince your friends/colleagues to participate in this initiative and send ivcoordinator@gmail.com the details requested below.
Please keep following and participating on the I485 thread to show your desperation for this fix.

Our USCIS admin fix efforts go in parallel with IV advocacy efforts (Advocacy Event on April 4th, 5th, 2011) and every member should participate in BOTH to help get ourselves out of this situation.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post2243885 (Support Thread for "I485 filing w/o Curr. PD" initiative)

Old 03-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future

bumo ^ ^ ^

Old 03-12-2011, 11:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chrisj is a splendid one to behold chrisj is a splendid one to behold chrisj is a splendid one to behold chrisj is a splendid one to behold chrisj is a splendid one to behold chrisj is a splendid one to behold chrisj is a splendid one to behold

All the 50k-70K who are waiting would love to apply for I-485. But the problem here is getting the people involve in this thread. There are 50K members for this site, but dont know how many are really active and looking at this forum often. And among the active members, how many really think that we can achieve this collectively.
People here has not seen any positive sign in years and they don't even have hope of any future reforms. I really appreciate the effort you guys are putting in pushing for this reform. But can we really convince this government for this change in this economy. For me it looks like they wont touch the topic of immigration until the economy is fixed.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:38 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future

If we have enough grass root level effort we can surely achieve this. In 2012 there will be presidential elections and no one will talk about immigration. But we have a good chance of achieving something this year. provided we push hard and gather enough momentum.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj View Post
All the 50k-70K who are waiting would love to apply for I-485. But the problem here is getting the people involve in this thread. There are 50K members for this site, but dont know how many are really active and looking at this forum often. And among the active members, how many really think that we can achieve this collectively.
People here has not seen any positive sign in years and they don't even have hope of any future reforms. I really appreciate the effort you guys are putting in pushing for this reform. But can we really convince this government for this change in this economy. For me it looks like they wont touch the topic of immigration until the economy is fixed.
In the recent past, many people I talked to have at least tiny thought about returning to home country. I didn't see this mood set even in beginning of 2009, which was bottom of this great recession. From their perspective they don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.

People would jump in for any initiative, if they see a tiny light spark at the far end of the tunnel.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Bumping up again. Time is running out for us to get enough folks to work with IV for this fix. Time for us to decide whether we want to push USCIS/DHS for this fix or wait endlessly to file I-485. Even EB2 movement has slowed down now as per monthly Visa Bulletin. WHile we work in parallel for legislative fixes (IV Advocacy Day), we HAVE to push for this USCIS admin fix.
Please use flier on the first post of this thread as well as original I-485 filing thread and spread the message about this initiative all over the place!!!!!!

Quote:

Old 03-16-2011, 12:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute
Default bumping it again

Putting it to top again. Please vote and spread the word.
+++++++

Quote:

c) priority date and
d)location to i485.mailing.list@gmail.com .

Until Congress enacts legislation to eliminate backlogs, people who cannot file I485 will always be in limbo and at the mercy of endless H1B visa extensions and visa stamps. Join us and be a part of future IV initiatives to push USCIS to allow I485 filing without current PD.
Wiki

Old 03-16-2011, 12:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute

Can you display the response count every time ? I have forwarded to couple of friends. But they think that this is impossible. we need to do something different.

Contribution 1: $100 (Advocacy Days Apr 2011)

Transaction ID 1: 1JF74329T0454005M
Transaction ID 2: 0SN16594MF535534P

Contribution 1: $100 (Action Items - 3012)

Transaction ID 1: 27667787LA6120627

Contribution 1: $100 (Senator Action Items - 3012)

Transaction ID: 007345580R8477212

Old 03-16-2011, 02:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

The count on the survey is on the original thread (want to file I-485? ..gather here..)

If your friends think this is impossible, we welcome them to actually participate in this effort and bring forward ideas that would make it possible.
Another way of looking at it is that at least we got 1300+ members to join us on the survey using the tools we had and around 5-10 sincere volunteers working to spread the msg on the thread and working in the background over the past 6 months. If we had around 100-200 of the arm chair critics who were simply watching this thread, come forward and actually help us out, we would have reached 5000 a few months back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planets View Post
Can you display the response count every time ? I have forwarded to couple of friends. But they think that this is impossible. we need to do something different.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute

I do agree. Still am forwarding to everyone of my list.

Contribution 1: $100 (Advocacy Days Apr 2011)

Transaction ID 1: 1JF74329T0454005M
Transaction ID 2: 0SN16594MF535534P

Contribution 1: $100 (Action Items - 3012)

Transaction ID 1: 27667787LA6120627

Contribution 1: $100 (Senator Action Items - 3012)

Transaction ID: 007345580R8477212

Old 03-16-2011, 02:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/09/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2011
Compare
goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute

Just curious -- why are we not trying to involve members @ .com ?

Old 03-16-2011, 02:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I think our volunteers have posted this message on most other forums/websites. some posts probably got deleted on "competitor" sites but still got a few hundred views so the purpose was served. feel free to share this info on any forum or mailing list you deem suitable.
If , in spire of IV legislative efforts (Advocacy Day and other actions) to get Congress to pass EB-favoring bills, in case there is no bill passed this year - and we don't push for this admin fix as well....we are STUCK with forever having to get h1b extensions and visa stamps for as long as we stick around in the US. Everyone, Pls get involved and tell your friends/colleagues to at least give this a shot. No point in not trying and then pointing out how this effort is not working!!

Please remind your friends/colleages who are in the same boat is that all it takes is to
1) get stuck once at a US consulate in a "TAL Check"/"Name Check" or other "additional administrative processing" (which is happening more and more during visa interviews these days)
2) get a detailed RFE or denial to a simple H1B extension petition (again..happening frequently nowadays)

to realize the importance of getting to file I-485 and getting an EAD/AP which will prevent the turmoil of going through the above situations.

The bitter truth is that "MOST' people who filed I-485 in Jul 2007 or got their GCs since do not care and are not involved in IV efforts anymore (stress on the word "most" since we still have a handful of dedicated members from that era). So if your PD is > Jul 2007, you have everything to gain by participating actively in every IV legislative and Admin fix initiative. And participating does not mean simply coming to IV website and voting on a survey. It means taking the message/flier/Wiki/Facebook info and aggresively spread it everywhere among other impacted EB folks, volunteer for IV action items (meet lawmakers, participate or re-activate your local state chapter, educate yourself and others around you about how advocacy works for us). We have been saying this for the last several months/year but still see minimal action from even impacted members who desperately seek these legislative/admin fixes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goel_ar View Post
Just curious -- why are we not trying to involve members @ .com ?

Last edited by forever_waiting; 03-16-2011 at 02:47 PM.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, we only have 46 more days to find the impacted people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_waiting View Post
I think our volunteers have posted this message on most other forums/websites. some posts probably got deleted on "competitor" sites but still got a few hundred views so the purpose was served. feel free to share this info on any forum or mailing list you deem suitable.
If , in spire of IV legislative efforts (Advocacy Day and other actions) to get Congress to pass EB-favoring bills, in case there is no bill passed this year - and we don't push for this admin fix as well....we are STUCK with forever having to get h1b extensions and visa stamps for as long as we stick around in the US. Everyone, Pls get involved and tell your friends/colleagues to at least give this a shot. No point in not trying and then pointing out how this effort is not working!!

Please remind your friends/colleages who are in the same boat is that all it takes is to
1) get stuck once at a US consulate in a "TAL Check"/"Name Check" or other "additional administrative processing" (which is happening more and more during visa interviews these days)
2) get a detailed RFE or denial to a simple H1B extension petition (again..happening frequently nowadays)

to realize the importance of getting to file I-485 and getting an EAD/AP which will prevent the turmoil of going through the above situations.

The bitter truth is that "MOST' people who filed I-485 in Jul 2007 or got their GCs since do not care and are not involved in IV efforts anymore (stress on the word "most" since we still have a handful of dedicated members from that era). So if your PD is > Jul 2007, you have everything to gain by participating actively in every IV legislative and Admin fix initiative. And participating does not mean simply coming to IV website and voting on a survey. It means taking the message/flier/Wiki/Facebook info and aggresively spread it everywhere among other impacted EB folks, volunteer for IV action items (meet lawmakers, participate or re-activate your local state chapter, educate yourself and others around you about how advocacy works for us). We have been saying this for the last several months/year but still see minimal action from even impacted members who desperately seek these legislative/admin fixes.
c) priority date and
d)location to i485.mailing.list@gmail.com .

Until Congress enacts legislation to eliminate backlogs, people who cannot file I485 will always be in limbo and at the mercy of endless H1B visa extensions and visa stamps. Join us and be a part of future IV initiatives to push USCIS to allow I485 filing without current PD.
Wiki