Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Donor/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/22/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 376
sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 04/30 DEADLINE for "I485 filing w/o current PD" initiative

Adding this info to make sure it is viewed and not lost in the bigger thread.

As suggested by several members on this thread, IV has set a goal of April 30th, 2011 to determine if there is even enough appetite within the EB community to proceed with this USCIS Admin Fix initiative or not.

Original Thread with Voting/Survey -
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1974292

As we know the initial goal was to use this survey to determine how many members will be benefitted by I-485 filing without current priority date. Rough calculations using PERM data showed that at least 50-70K folks are waiting to file I-485 since July 2007 (around 5K-6K out of this are those with PDs prior to June/July 2007 missed the July 2007 boat).
So far we have had around 1200 such members respond. We need to see support of at least 5000 members in order for IV to launch the public action items. These action items include, but are not limited to, writing en-masse (i.e. in thousands) over 2-3 weeks to several concerned departments about the need for this USCIS administrative fix. Few other very interesting proposals/ideas are also being considered. All we need is our folks to BELIEVE that this initiative is worth investing in.

The IV forum is the best and only place for the impacted EB community to gather and that is why the number of votes on the survey is a great indication of our frustration and motivation to work with IV for this important admin fix.

So, we now have a Deadline and an Objective. It is up to our impacted members to decide on whether to still stick to silly excuses (why should I become a member, why should i vote on survey etc etc.) or DO something about getting this admin fix. It is surprising that we are not more desperate for this fix and are not convincing and pushing IV harder and harder to start working with USCIS to allow I485 filing with current PD (and all the benefits like EAD, AP that go with it).
Are we more comfortable with the alternative - Waiting endelesslly to file I-485 (at least 2-5 years for post July 2007 folks from any category), keep depending on H1B extensions in an uncertain immigration scenario where H1B RFE's, rejections, visa denials due to "admin processing" etc are on a steep rise? The choice is ours to make.
As a final reminder - please act and convince your friends/colleagues to participate in this initiative and send ivcoordinator@gmail.com the details requested below.
Please keep following and participating on the I485 thread to show your desperation for this fix.

Our USCIS admin fix efforts go in parallel with IV advocacy efforts (Advocacy Event on April 4th, 5th, 2011) and every member should participate in BOTH to help get ourselves out of this situation.

How to spread the message about this I485 filing initiative?
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post2243885 (Support Thread for "I485 filing w/o Curr. PD" initiative)

I485 Filing Initiative - Flier Attached
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Flier_I485_latest2.pdf (122.1 KB, 65 views)
__________________
CNN iReport | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | YouTube

Last edited by ashwin_27; 03-10-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 197
forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute
Default

bump
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2011, 07:04 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 197
forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute
Default

This is the final chance for EB folks waiting to file I-485 to raise their voices and make this campaign successful.
Pls work on this initiative (USCIS admin fix) together with IV Advocacy Event for legislative fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin_27 View Post
Adding this info to make sure it is viewed and not lost in the bigger thread.

As suggested by several members on this thread, IV has set a goal of April 30th, 2011 to determine if there is even enough appetite within the EB community to proceed with this USCIS Admin Fix initiative or not.

Original Thread with Voting/Survey -
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1974292

As we know the initial goal was to use this survey to determine how many members will be benefitted by I-485 filing without current priority date. Rough calculations using PERM data showed that at least 50-70K folks are waiting to file I-485 since July 2007 (around 5K-6K out of this are those with PDs prior to June/July 2007 missed the July 2007 boat).
So far we have had around 1200 such members respond. We need to see support of at least 5000 members in order for IV to launch the public action items. These action items include, but are not limited to, writing en-masse (i.e. in thousands) over 2-3 weeks to several concerned departments about the need for this USCIS administrative fix. Few other very interesting proposals/ideas are also being considered. All we need is our folks to BELIEVE that this initiative is worth investing in.

The IV forum is the best and only place for the impacted EB community to gather and that is why the number of votes on the survey is a great indication of our frustration and motivation to work with IV for this important admin fix.

So, we now have a Deadline and an Objective. It is up to our impacted members to decide on whether to still stick to silly excuses (why should I become a member, why should i vote on survey etc etc.) or DO something about getting this admin fix. It is surprising that we are not more desperate for this fix and are not convincing and pushing IV harder and harder to start working with USCIS to allow I485 filing with current PD (and all the benefits like EAD, AP that go with it).
Are we more comfortable with the alternative - Waiting endelesslly to file I-485 (at least 2-5 years for post July 2007 folks from any category), keep depending on H1B extensions in an uncertain immigration scenario where H1B RFE's, rejections, visa denials due to "admin processing" etc are on a steep rise? The choice is ours to make.
As a final reminder - please act and convince your friends/colleagues to participate in this initiative and send ivcoordinator@gmail.com the details requested below.
Please keep following and participating on the I485 thread to show your desperation for this fix.

Our USCIS admin fix efforts go in parallel with IV advocacy efforts (Advocacy Event on April 4th, 5th, 2011) and every member should participate in BOTH to help get ourselves out of this situation.

How to spread the message about this I485 filing initiative?
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post2243885 (Support Thread for "I485 filing w/o Curr. PD" initiative)

I485 Filing Initiative - Flier Attached
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 41
hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future
Default

bumo ^ ^ ^
__________________
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | YouTube
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-12-2011, 11:25 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 10
chrisj is a splendid one to behold chrisj is a splendid one to behold chrisj is a splendid one to behold chrisj is a splendid one to behold chrisj is a splendid one to behold chrisj is a splendid one to behold chrisj is a splendid one to behold
Default

All the 50k-70K who are waiting would love to apply for I-485. But the problem here is getting the people involve in this thread. There are 50K members for this site, but dont know how many are really active and looking at this forum often. And among the active members, how many really think that we can achieve this collectively.
People here has not seen any positive sign in years and they don't even have hope of any future reforms. I really appreciate the effort you guys are putting in pushing for this reform. But can we really convince this government for this change in this economy. For me it looks like they wont touch the topic of immigration until the economy is fixed.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-12-2011, 11:38 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 41
hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future hx82 has a brilliant future
Default

If we have enough grass root level effort we can surely achieve this. In 2012 there will be presidential elections and no one will talk about immigration. But we have a good chance of achieving something this year. provided we push hard and gather enough momentum.
__________________
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | YouTube
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-13-2011, 01:09 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 302
Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj View Post
All the 50k-70K who are waiting would love to apply for I-485. But the problem here is getting the people involve in this thread. There are 50K members for this site, but dont know how many are really active and looking at this forum often. And among the active members, how many really think that we can achieve this collectively.
People here has not seen any positive sign in years and they don't even have hope of any future reforms. I really appreciate the effort you guys are putting in pushing for this reform. But can we really convince this government for this change in this economy. For me it looks like they wont touch the topic of immigration until the economy is fixed.
In the recent past, many people I talked to have at least tiny thought about returning to home country. I didn't see this mood set even in beginning of 2009, which was bottom of this great recession. From their perspective they don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.

People would jump in for any initiative, if they see a tiny light spark at the far end of the tunnel.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2011, 07:34 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 197
forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Bumping up again. Time is running out for us to get enough folks to work with IV for this fix. Time for us to decide whether we want to push USCIS/DHS for this fix or wait endlessly to file I-485. Even EB2 movement has slowed down now as per monthly Visa Bulletin. WHile we work in parallel for legislative fixes (IV Advocacy Day), we HAVE to push for this USCIS admin fix.
Please use flier on the first post of this thread as well as original I-485 filing thread and spread the message about this initiative all over the place!!!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin_27 View Post
Adding this info to make sure it is viewed and not lost in the bigger thread.

As suggested by several members on this thread, IV has set a goal of April 30th, 2011 to determine if there is even enough appetite within the EB community to proceed with this USCIS Admin Fix initiative or not.

Original Thread with Voting/Survey -
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1974292

As we know the initial goal was to use this survey to determine how many members will be benefitted by I-485 filing without current priority date. Rough calculations using PERM data showed that at least 50-70K folks are waiting to file I-485 since July 2007 (around 5K-6K out of this are those with PDs prior to June/July 2007 missed the July 2007 boat).
So far we have had around 1200 such members respond. We need to see support of at least 5000 members in order for IV to launch the public action items. These action items include, but are not limited to, writing en-masse (i.e. in thousands) over 2-3 weeks to several concerned departments about the need for this USCIS administrative fix. Few other very interesting proposals/ideas are also being considered. All we need is our folks to BELIEVE that this initiative is worth investing in.

The IV forum is the best and only place for the impacted EB community to gather and that is why the number of votes on the survey is a great indication of our frustration and motivation to work with IV for this important admin fix.

So, we now have a Deadline and an Objective. It is up to our impacted members to decide on whether to still stick to silly excuses (why should I become a member, why should i vote on survey etc etc.) or DO something about getting this admin fix. It is surprising that we are not more desperate for this fix and are not convincing and pushing IV harder and harder to start working with USCIS to allow I485 filing with current PD (and all the benefits like EAD, AP that go with it).
Are we more comfortable with the alternative - Waiting endelesslly to file I-485 (at least 2-5 years for post July 2007 folks from any category), keep depending on H1B extensions in an uncertain immigration scenario where H1B RFE's, rejections, visa denials due to "admin processing" etc are on a steep rise? The choice is ours to make.
As a final reminder - please act and convince your friends/colleagues to participate in this initiative and send ivcoordinator@gmail.com the details requested below.
Please keep following and participating on the I485 thread to show your desperation for this fix.

Our USCIS admin fix efforts go in parallel with IV advocacy efforts (Advocacy Event on April 4th, 5th, 2011) and every member should participate in BOTH to help get ourselves out of this situation.

How to spread the message about this I485 filing initiative?
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post2243885 (Support Thread for "I485 filing w/o Curr. PD" initiative)

I485 Filing Initiative - Flier Attached
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2011, 12:08 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 189
Blog Entries: 1
LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute
Default bumping it again

Putting it to top again. Please vote and spread the word.
+++++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin_27 View Post
Adding this info to make sure it is viewed and not lost in the bigger thread.

As suggested by several members on this thread, IV has set a goal of April 30th, 2011 to determine if there is even enough appetite within the EB community to proceed with this USCIS Admin Fix initiative or not.

Original Thread with Voting/Survey -
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1974292

As we know the initial goal was to use this survey to determine how many members will be benefitted by I-485 filing without current priority date. Rough calculations using PERM data showed that at least 50-70K folks are waiting to file I-485 since July 2007 (around 5K-6K out of this are those with PDs prior to June/July 2007 missed the July 2007 boat).
So far we have had around 1200 such members respond. We need to see support of at least 5000 members in order for IV to launch the public action items. These action items include, but are not limited to, writing en-masse (i.e. in thousands) over 2-3 weeks to several concerned departments about the need for this USCIS administrative fix. Few other very interesting proposals/ideas are also being considered. All we need is our folks to BELIEVE that this initiative is worth investing in.

The IV forum is the best and only place for the impacted EB community to gather and that is why the number of votes on the survey is a great indication of our frustration and motivation to work with IV for this important admin fix.

So, we now have a Deadline and an Objective. It is up to our impacted members to decide on whether to still stick to silly excuses (why should I become a member, why should i vote on survey etc etc.) or DO something about getting this admin fix. It is surprising that we are not more desperate for this fix and are not convincing and pushing IV harder and harder to start working with USCIS to allow I485 filing with current PD (and all the benefits like EAD, AP that go with it).
Are we more comfortable with the alternative - Waiting endelesslly to file I-485 (at least 2-5 years for post July 2007 folks from any category), keep depending on H1B extensions in an uncertain immigration scenario where H1B RFE's, rejections, visa denials due to "admin processing" etc are on a steep rise? The choice is ours to make.
As a final reminder - please act and convince your friends/colleagues to participate in this initiative and send ivcoordinator@gmail.com the details requested below.
Please keep following and participating on the I485 thread to show your desperation for this fix.

Our USCIS admin fix efforts go in parallel with IV advocacy efforts (Advocacy Event on April 4th, 5th, 2011) and every member should participate in BOTH to help get ourselves out of this situation.

How to spread the message about this I485 filing initiative?
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post2243885 (Support Thread for "I485 filing w/o Curr. PD" initiative)

I485 Filing Initiative - Flier Attached
__________________
If you are stuck without being able to file I-485 due to “priority date being not current", email your
a) IV username
b) contact (ph#, email),
c) priority date and
d)location to i485.mailing.list@gmail.com .

Until Congress enacts legislation to eliminate backlogs, people who cannot file I485 will always be in limbo and at the mercy of endless H1B visa extensions and visa stamps. Join us and be a part of future IV initiatives to push USCIS to allow I485 filing without current PD.
Wiki
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2011, 12:22 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 37
planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Can you display the response count every time ? I have forwarded to couple of friends. But they think that this is impossible. we need to do something different.
__________________
Came to US: March 2004
P D : 10/15/2008 (EB2)

Contribution 1: $100 (Advocacy Days Apr 2011)

Transaction ID 1: 1JF74329T0454005M
Transaction ID 2: 0SN16594MF535534P

Contribution 1: $100 (Action Items - 3012)

Transaction ID 1: 27667787LA6120627

Contribution 1: $100 (Senator Action Items - 3012)

Transaction ID: 007345580R8477212

Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #11 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2011, 02:02 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 197
forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute
Default

The count on the survey is on the original thread (want to file I-485? ..gather here..)

If your friends think this is impossible, we welcome them to actually participate in this effort and bring forward ideas that would make it possible.
Another way of looking at it is that at least we got 1300+ members to join us on the survey using the tools we had and around 5-10 sincere volunteers working to spread the msg on the thread and working in the background over the past 6 months. If we had around 100-200 of the arm chair critics who were simply watching this thread, come forward and actually help us out, we would have reached 5000 a few months back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planets View Post
Can you display the response count every time ? I have forwarded to couple of friends. But they think that this is impossible. we need to do something different.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #12 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2011, 02:25 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 37
planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute planets has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I do agree. Still am forwarding to everyone of my list.
__________________
Came to US: March 2004
P D : 10/15/2008 (EB2)

Contribution 1: $100 (Advocacy Days Apr 2011)

Transaction ID 1: 1JF74329T0454005M
Transaction ID 2: 0SN16594MF535534P

Contribution 1: $100 (Action Items - 3012)

Transaction ID 1: 27667787LA6120627

Contribution 1: $100 (Senator Action Items - 3012)

Transaction ID: 007345580R8477212

Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #13 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2011, 02:29 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/09/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2011
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 153
goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Just curious -- why are we not trying to involve members @ .com ?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #14 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2011, 02:42 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 197
forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I think our volunteers have posted this message on most other forums/websites. some posts probably got deleted on "competitor" sites but still got a few hundred views so the purpose was served. feel free to share this info on any forum or mailing list you deem suitable.
If , in spire of IV legislative efforts (Advocacy Day and other actions) to get Congress to pass EB-favoring bills, in case there is no bill passed this year - and we don't push for this admin fix as well....we are STUCK with forever having to get h1b extensions and visa stamps for as long as we stick around in the US. Everyone, Pls get involved and tell your friends/colleagues to at least give this a shot. No point in not trying and then pointing out how this effort is not working!!

Please remind your friends/colleages who are in the same boat is that all it takes is to
1) get stuck once at a US consulate in a "TAL Check"/"Name Check" or other "additional administrative processing" (which is happening more and more during visa interviews these days)
2) get a detailed RFE or denial to a simple H1B extension petition (again..happening frequently nowadays)

to realize the importance of getting to file I-485 and getting an EAD/AP which will prevent the turmoil of going through the above situations.


The bitter truth is that "MOST' people who filed I-485 in Jul 2007 or got their GCs since do not care and are not involved in IV efforts anymore (stress on the word "most" since we still have a handful of dedicated members from that era). So if your PD is > Jul 2007, you have everything to gain by participating actively in every IV legislative and Admin fix initiative. And participating does not mean simply coming to IV website and voting on a survey. It means taking the message/flier/Wiki/Facebook info and aggresively spread it everywhere among other impacted EB folks, volunteer for IV action items (meet lawmakers, participate or re-activate your local state chapter, educate yourself and others around you about how advocacy works for us). We have been saying this for the last several months/year but still see minimal action from even impacted members who desperately seek these legislative/admin fixes.




Quote:
Originally Posted by goel_ar View Post
Just curious -- why are we not trying to involve members @ .com ?

Last edited by forever_waiting; 03-16-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 389
pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

BTW, we only have 46 more days to find the impacted people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_waiting View Post
I think our volunteers have posted this message on most other forums/websites. some posts probably got deleted on "competitor" sites but still got a few hundred views so the purpose was served. feel free to share this info on any forum or mailing list you deem suitable.
If , in spire of IV legislative efforts (Advocacy Day and other actions) to get Congress to pass EB-favoring bills, in case there is no bill passed this year - and we don't push for this admin fix as well....we are STUCK with forever having to get h1b extensions and visa stamps for as long as we stick around in the US. Everyone, Pls get involved and tell your friends/colleagues to at least give this a shot. No point in not trying and then pointing out how this effort is not working!!

Please remind your friends/colleages who are in the same boat is that all it takes is to
1) get stuck once at a US consulate in a "TAL Check"/"Name Check" or other "additional administrative processing" (which is happening more and more during visa interviews these days)
2) get a detailed RFE or denial to a simple H1B extension petition (again..happening frequently nowadays)

to realize the importance of getting to file I-485 and getting an EAD/AP which will prevent the turmoil of going through the above situations.


The bitter truth is that "MOST' people who filed I-485 in Jul 2007 or got their GCs since do not care and are not involved in IV efforts anymore (stress on the word "most" since we still have a handful of dedicated members from that era). So if your PD is > Jul 2007, you have everything to gain by participating actively in every IV legislative and Admin fix initiative. And participating does not mean simply coming to IV website and voting on a survey. It means taking the message/flier/Wiki/Facebook info and aggresively spread it everywhere among other impacted EB folks, volunteer for IV action items (meet lawmakers, participate or re-activate your local state chapter, educate yourself and others around you about how advocacy works for us). We have been saying this for the last several months/year but still see minimal action from even impacted members who desperately seek these legislative/admin fixes.
__________________
If you are stuck without being able to file I-485 due to “priority date being not current", email your
a) IV username
b) contact (ph#, email),
c) priority date and
d)location to i485.mailing.list@gmail.com .

Until Congress enacts legislation to eliminate backlogs, people who cannot file I485 will always be in limbo and at the mercy of endless H1B visa extensions and visa stamps. Join us and be a part of future IV initiatives to push USCIS to allow I485 filing without current PD.
Wiki
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Support Thread for "I485 filing w/o Curr. PD" initiative pappu Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. 293 04-18-2011 12:08 PM
Update on I485 without current PD initiative forever_waiting Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. 3 03-07-2011 02:33 PM
This person "immeb2" has interesting profile--> I140 Mailed Date after I485 svr_76 Premium processing of 140 2 04-03-2009 03:09 PM
I485 rejected "Other reasons" July 2 filer jcrajput Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications 8 09-26-2007 01:35 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org