Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2008, 05:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute
Default Recapture bill got green light

http://www.immigration-law.com/

08/01/2008: H.R. 5882 and H.R. 5924 Both Obtain Green Light From House Judiciary Immigration Subcommittee Today

Reportedly, the Subcommittee voted for both of these bills "yes" by 7:2 in H.R. 5924, Emergency Nursing Supply Relief Act of Rep. Waxler of Florida, and 8;1 in H.R. 5882, Visa Number Recapture bill of Rep. Zoe Lofgren of California. The full Judiciary Committee will act on these two bills considering the Subcommittee recommendations. Good news, indeed.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2008, 05:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
indyanguy has a spectacular aura about indyanguy has a spectacular aura about indyanguy has a spectacular aura about

Can you explain this in a way a layman can comprehend?

Donated $100 so far.

Old 08-01-2008, 05:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
indianindian2006 has a brilliant future indianindian2006 has a brilliant future indianindian2006 has a brilliant future indianindian2006 has a brilliant future indianindian2006 has a brilliant future indianindian2006 has a brilliant future indianindian2006 has a brilliant future indianindian2006 has a brilliant future indianindian2006 has a brilliant future indianindian2006 has a brilliant future indianindian2006 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyanguy View Post
Can you explain this in a way a layman can comprehend?
It got passed from the house immigration subcommitee by a vote of 8-1.Now it moves to the full commitee for a vote,if it passes that vote then it will go to the floor of the house for a vote.

Old 08-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
indyanguy has a spectacular aura about indyanguy has a spectacular aura about indyanguy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianindian2006 View Post
It got passed from the house immigration subcommitee by a vote of 8-1.Now it moves to the full commitee for a vote,if it passes that vote then it will go to the floor of the house for a vote.
Thanks. What's the timeline on when it would go to the house for a vote?

Donated $100 so far.

Old 08-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of

What are the other steps to be cleared before it can become law?

Thanks

Old 08-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhundhun View Post

08/01/2008: H.R. 5882 and H.R. 5924 Both Obtain Green Light From House Judiciary Immigration Subcommittee Today

Reportedly, the Subcommittee voted for both of these bills "yes" by 7:2 in H.R. 5924, Emergency Nursing Supply Relief Act of Rep. Waxler of Florida, and 8;1 in H.R. 5882, Visa Number Recapture bill of Rep. Zoe Lofgren of California. The full Judiciary Committee will act on these two bills considering the Subcommittee recommendations. Good news, indeed.
I was beginning to get worried that why Immigration-law.com has not copied the information to post on their website. Without verification from a more reliable source, I would never rely on anything posted under 'Break News' section of immigration-law.com. They simply cut-&-paste from other websites, and often times create mistakes even when copying from other websites. This is what I think. You can continue to choose to rely on the information on that site.

Old 08-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju View Post
I was beginning to get worried that why Immigration-law.com has not copied the information to post on their website. Without verification from a more reliable source, I would never rely on anything posted under 'Break News' section of immigration-law.com. They simply cut-&-paste from other websites, and often times create mistakes even when copying from other websites. This is what I think. You can continue to choose to rely on the information on that site.
Yesterday I was listening to proceedings and the way it was defered for today. I felt that it is going to be approved, however I posted the link, so that people watching this refer to link.

Old 08-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/28/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
gjoe is a name known to all gjoe is a name known to all gjoe is a name known to all gjoe is a name known to all gjoe is a name known to all gjoe is a name known to all
Post What if all the recaptured visas are given to nurses?

Just curious to know if they can do something like using all the recaptured visas for the nurses who have applied for GC. Is this possible, if so how can we get atleast some decent number of visas for the backlogged I485 applications?

Quote:

I485 Appl Mailed - 5Jul2007
I485 Appl ND - 7Sep2007
FP date -??
I485 Approval - ??

Old 08-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjoe View Post
Just curious to know if they can do something like using all the recaptured visas for the nurses who have applied for GC. Is this possible, if so how can we get atleast some decent number of visas for the backlogged I485 applications?
This is a good question. Earlier in Jan 2007, 50,000 visas were captured and given to Schedule A workers (e.g. Nurses) only.

I am not sure how this works. I was thinking H.R. 5882 to be mostly for regular Employment Based and H.R. 5924 for Nurses.

Old 08-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2003
Compare
trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of

Quote:
This is a good question. Earlier in Jan 2007, 50,000 visas were captured and given to Schedule A workers (e.g. Nurses) only.

I am not sure how this works. I was thinking H.R. 5882 to be mostly for regular Employment Based and H.R. 5924 for Nurses.
It still helps bcoz all Nurses take EB3 visa numbers. Even if all recapture goes to nurses, it still helps in reducing backlog