Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 02:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
surabhi is a splendid one to behold surabhi is a splendid one to behold surabhi is a splendid one to behold surabhi is a splendid one to behold surabhi is a splendid one to behold surabhi is a splendid one to behold surabhi is a splendid one to behold
Default Expedited EAD - Any experiences

Hello All

I am approaching 90 day mark by Sep 19th. I am preparing what I could do to to ensure I have EAD before the current one expires (October 18th)

I think I qualify for expedited criteria under severe financial loss. Any one has exprience on what docs were given in support. I am thinking of following
  • Letter from Employer that they'd have to terminate my employment
  • Mortgage statement
  • other expenses ( insurance, gas utilities)
Any other suggestions on what I can do between now and Sep 19th ( 90 day mark). I am doing following
  • took infopass appointment on 90 day mark.
  • Writing to Senator and congressman in my area

Thanks

Old 09-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/18/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/02/2007
Compare
karthiknv143 will become famous soon enough
Default Call the Customer Service

Call the customer service. Don't wait till your 90day mark.
Call them, and let them know your financial crisis situation.. Looking at yours, you own a home.. So let them know, without your EAD, you will lose your job. Due to which, you will be unable to pay your mortgage, and will have severe financial repurcursions for you & your family. You might end up having to lose your home if you lose your job.

Don;t exaggerate a lot, but make it clear the situation. I was able to get the expedited request through for both my wife & myself.

Our EAD expires Oct 10, and the 90day mark is Sept 16. I opened a expedited req Aug 23 and got an email the next day that the request is approved and will be get a response in 30days. I got a soft LUD, 3 days later on Aug 28. On Sept 2, we got Card production ordered email.

Also, I had contacted the congressman office, with the same financial crisis request. (dont know which helped tho...)But no harm to try multiple routes.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-09-2008, 02:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/18/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/02/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by surabhi View Post
Hello All

I am approaching 90 day mark by Sep 19th. I am preparing what I could do to to ensure I have EAD before the current one expires (October 18th)

I think I qualify for expedited criteria under severe financial loss. Any one has exprience on what docs were given in support. I am thinking of following
  • Mortgage statement
Any other suggestions on what I can do between now and Sep 19th ( 90 day mark). I am doing following

Thanks
BTW, USCIS did not ask me any document for evidence. They approved the expedited request right away.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
immitul is on a distinguished road
Default Is EAD xn self-filed OR by lawyer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthiknv143 View Post
Call them, and let them know your financial crisis situation.. Looking at yours, you own a home.. So let them know, without your EAD, you will lose your job. Due to which, you will be unable to pay your mortgage, and will have severe financial repurcursions for you & your family. You might end up having to lose your home if you lose your job.

Don;t exaggerate a lot, but make it clear the situation. I was able to get the expedited request through for both my wife & myself.

Our EAD expires Oct 10, and the 90day mark is Sept 16. I opened a expedited req Aug 23 and got an email the next day that the request is approved and will be get a response in 30days. I got a soft LUD, 3 days later on Aug 28. On Sept 2, we got Card production ordered email.

Also, I had contacted the congressman office, with the same financial crisis request. (dont know which helped tho...)But no harm to try multiple routes.
Karthik,
Is your EAD Xn application filed by your lawyer or yourself. I am asking this question because, if the application is filed by one's lawyer and the applicant request the expedited request(instead through his lawyer), it may result in RFE etc.,

Old 09-09-2008, 02:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
surabhi is a splendid one to behold surabhi is a splendid one to behold surabhi is a splendid one to behold surabhi is a splendid one to behold surabhi is a splendid one to behold surabhi is a splendid one to behold surabhi is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthiknv143 View Post

Thanks a lot. Appreciate your response

Old 09-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/18/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/02/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by immitul View Post
Karthik,
Is your EAD Xn application filed by your lawyer or yourself. I am asking this question because, if the application is filed by one's lawyer and the applicant request the expedited request(instead through his lawyer), it may result in RFE etc.,
Its filed by the lawfirm...

Old 09-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2007
Compare
srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light
Smile

My Personal experience.
Since your expiry date of the current EAD is more than a month away from today and also you are almost 10 days away from reaching 90 day mark, i suggest you not to panic and not call USCIS.

We made a call to USCIS even before we reached 90 day mark, but expiry date was just less than 8 days away with a long weekend in between.
There was a strong possibility of loosing job too. It was a piece of cake to convine the customer REP at USCIS office and we got the EAD approved in less than 2 days including the date we made a call.

In my honest opinion, just don't panic and maintain your calm. Ultimately you may not even need to make a call to USCIS.
Hope this helps
sri
Quote:
Hello All

• Mortgage statement

Thanks

Old 09-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare

Thanks guys.

I opened expedited SR with target date of Sep 14th. I know I might get it without intervention, but it wasnt letting me focus on my work.

Old 09-09-2008, 04:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
sparklinks will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Hello All

• Mortgage statement

Thanks
Mine crossing 90 days on 09/15..Opened expedited last week and received letter saying can't open expedited untill I cross 90 days

Old 09-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/04/2007
Compare
prout02 is a name known to all prout02 is a name known to all prout02 is a name known to all prout02 is a name known to all prout02 is a name known to all prout02 is a name known to all
Default If NSC fax (402) 219-6344, or (402) 219-6171

I faxed yesterday to NSC. Attached a letter from company about losing job without a valid EAD. And today, they approved the extension. Magic. btw, my EAD had already expired on 9/7 and I was procrastinating about spending another $340...thought they will approve my 485. When that didn't happen, had to apply for renewal on 8/21...so this 90 day thing is really bs...they can do wonders if they wish to.

Last edited by prout02; 09-09-2008 at 04:54 PM.

Old 09-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
sparklinks will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by prout02 View Post
I faxed yesterday to NSC. Attached a letter from company about losing job without a valid EAD. And today, they approved the extension. Magic. btw, my EAD had already expired on 9/7 and I was procrastinating about spending another $340...thought they will approve my 485. When that didn't happen, had to apply for renewal on 8/21...so this 90 day thing is really bs...they can do wonders if they wish to.
can you please provide me the format of the letter ..

Old 09-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare

Quote:
Hi

Did you first open SR to expedite and followed up with the letter? Or just faxed the letter?

I read at some places that the IO instructs what docs to send along with Fax number. I was not asked to send any docs. I was just told target date is Sept 14th.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/04/2007
Compare
prout02 is a name known to all prout02 is a name known to all prout02 is a name known to all prout02 is a name known to all prout02 is a name known to all prout02 is a name known to all
Default Format of letter

Here you go...pretty basic letter...hope it helps.

USCIS Nebraska Service Center
850 S Street
Lincoln, NE 68508
(402) 219-6344 (402) 219-6171

Re: EAD expiring, might lose job, request expedited processing

LINXXXXXXXXX A#XXXXXXXXXXXX
Name:
Date of birth:

Dear Sir/Madam,

My EAD card expires on xxxxxxx. I am currently working with XXXXXXXXX on the basis of this EAD. I am now facing the prospect of losing this job as my application for EAD renewal has not been approved yet. Without this I would face significant financial hardship. I attach the job offer document from XXXXXXX. I sincerely request renewal of my EAD for another two years.

Thank you,

Name:
Address:
Phone number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklinks View Post
can you please provide me the format of the letter ..

Old 09-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2007
Compare
srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light
Smile

Its an advise from lawyer that you need to call the USCIS and get the fax number, if at all they ask you to send additional documents.

This is how it should happen.
a) You call the 1800 number that is on your EAD notice you received after you filed for a renewal.
b) Customer Rep will then judge, if she can expedite your case. If she gets convinced, she will then open SR and give you SR number and number of days to wait for the response. She will also take your personal email id info.
You will receive an email, if USCIS needs additional documents and also fax number to send that data to.
Usually, USCIS doesn't request additional data (recent trend) and they approve it in a day or two.

Hope this helps.
--sri

Quote:
Here you go...pretty basic letter...hope it helps.

USCIS Nebraska Service Center
850 S Street
Lincoln, NE 68508
(402) 219-6344 (402) 219-6171

Re: EAD expiring, might lose job, request expedited processing

LINXXXXXXXXX A#XXXXXXXXXXXX
Name:
Date of birth:

Dear Sir/Madam,

My EAD card expires on xxxxxxx. I am currently working with XXXXXXXXX on the basis of this EAD. I am now facing the prospect of losing this job as my application for EAD renewal has not been approved yet. Without this I would face significant financial hardship. I attach the job offer document from XXXXXXX. I sincerely request renewal of my EAD for another two years.

Thank you,

Name:
Address:
Phone number:

Old 09-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/04/2007
Compare
Default No SR...just faxed

No, I didn't call to open SR. Saw these two numbers in another thread and faxed a very basic letter to them (see my above post). But the letter from my employer had a very threatening language may be that did the trick.

Quote:
Hi

Did you first open SR to expedite and followed up with the letter? Or just faxed the letter?

I read at some places that the IO instructs what docs to send along with Fax number. I was not asked to send any docs. I was just told target date is Sept 14th.