Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum70-self-filing-documents-forms-directions-mailing/)
-   -   EAD issue (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum70-self-filing-documents-forms-directions-mailing/22417-ead-issue.html)

viper673 11-14-2008 03:16 PM

EAD issue
 
Hello guys,

I e-filed my EAD renewal in July 3rd, did my FP in August 1 and I still don't have my card.

I opened a Service Request last week since it's been way beyond the "regulatory" 90 days and I got a letter yesterday basically saying that "even though my case is serious, I didn't provide them with an extreme reason to expedite the issuing of the card". Then on a separate line they have: "pending security clearance".

What in the world is an "extreme" reason to get my EAD renewed?? And why is it pending a security clearance if It's already been more than 120 days and it's a "renewal" -not a new card!!

My original EAD expired in 8/10 (I never used it) and my H1B will expire in 1/21/2009.

Anyone got the same thing? What can I do here?

LostInGCProcess 11-14-2008 03:57 PM

Another example of how inefficient USCIS is. I have applied my EAD in Aug 28th, did the FP in Sept 22, case still pending. I sent to Texas Service center.

Which center did you file your EAD?

gcdreamer05 11-14-2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper673 (Post 302279)
Hello guys,

I e-filed my EAD renewal in July 3rd, did my FP in August 1 and I still don't have my card.

I opened a Service Request last week since it's been way beyond the "regulatory" 90 days and I got a letter yesterday basically saying that "even though my case is serious, I didn't provide them with an extreme reason to expedite the issuing of the card". Then on a separate line they have: "pending security clearance".

What in the world is an "extreme" reason to get my EAD renewed?? And why is it pending a security clearance if It's already been more than 120 days and it's a "renewal" -not a new card!!

My original EAD expired in 8/10 (I never used it) and my H1B will expire in 1/21/2009.

Anyone got the same thing? What can I do here?

that is how ineffecient they are, best thing you can do is, site that your h1 will expire and u dont have plans of h1 renewal and u planning to use EAD, i dont know what else could be more extreme than not having an EAD when you want to use it :)

mita 11-14-2008 04:15 PM

No finger printing...
 
I applied online for EAD on 10/23, no finger priting notice yet was asked to wait 30 days to enquire about it. All materials sent to NSC as mentioned, my I-485 is pending at TSC. Did anyone go through the same delay?
Quote:

Originally Posted by gcdreamer05 (Post 302292)
that is how ineffecient they are, best thing you can do is, site that your h1 will expire and u dont have plans of h1 renewal and u planning to use EAD, i dont know what else could be more extreme than not having an EAD when you want to use it :)


viper673 11-14-2008 08:15 PM

Sent to TSC

pankaj_singal 11-19-2008 12:04 AM

EAD Renewal
 
This is a situation with my friend that I am posting under my name...


Questions are mostly related to regarding EAD situation
1. My friend is on H1 and have EAD (June'07 filer) for both him and his spouse... his spouse (secondary aplicant) is currently working on her EAD.. If his company lays him off... Would his wife have any effect on her employment?
2. Could he renew my EAD/AP on my own with no employer support (despite he has no job)
3. What if he goes to India on AP (or otherwise).. would that have effect on his wife's EAD/employment? If he goes to India on AP.. for how long could he go?
4. Could he take up any job and keep switching till priority date becomes current? Also what happens if and when priority date becomes current?

Thanks.

bharani 11-19-2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper673 (Post 302279)
Anyone got the same thing? What can I do here?

Refer to my comments in this thread http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...d.php?p=295160

reachinus 11-19-2008 04:55 PM

hope it helps..
 
1. My friend is on H1 and have EAD (June'07 filer) for both him and his spouse... his spouse (secondary aplicant) is currently working on her EAD.. If his company lays him off... Would his wife have any effect on her employment?
No

2. Could he renew my EAD/AP on my own with no employer support (despite he has no job)
Yes

3. What if he goes to India on AP (or otherwise).. would that have effect on his wife's EAD/employment?
No

3a. If he goes to India on AP.. for how long could he go?
Untill the day before the expiry of AP

4. Could he take up any job and keep switching till priority date becomes current?
Yes. but advisible to stay in same or similiar job

5. Also what happens if and when priority date becomes current?
Should obtain an EVL from the Current\Future employer assuring a full time permanent job.

HawaldarNaik 11-20-2008 02:13 AM

No FP notice yet
 
I filed for my EAD in August, got an approval for EAD (2 yrs) and AP for one yr but no FP notice. What should I do
I checked with my lawyer and she says previous FP is valid for 15 to 18 months

Kindly Advise what should i do...

gccovet 11-20-2008 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawaldarNaik (Post 303101)
I filed for my EAD in August, got an approval for EAD (2 yrs) and AP for one yr but no FP notice. What should I do
I checked with my lawyer and she says previous FP is valid for 15 to 18 months

Kindly Advise what should i do...

Did you paper file or efile?
If paper filed, no FP is required.
GCCovet

HawaldarNaik 11-20-2008 12:47 PM

Paper thanks for infno
 
Paper


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org