Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/24/2007
Chargeability
:
Lebanon
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2007
Compare
viper673 is on a distinguished road
Default EAD issue

Hello guys,

I e-filed my EAD renewal in July 3rd, did my FP in August 1 and I still don't have my card.

I opened a Service Request last week since it's been way beyond the "regulatory" 90 days and I got a letter yesterday basically saying that "even though my case is serious, I didn't provide them with an extreme reason to expedite the issuing of the card". Then on a separate line they have: "pending security clearance".

What in the world is an "extreme" reason to get my EAD renewed?? And why is it pending a security clearance if It's already been more than 120 days and it's a "renewal" -not a new card!!

My original EAD expired in 8/10 (I never used it) and my H1B will expire in 1/21/2009.

Anyone got the same thing? What can I do here?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2008, 04:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare
LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute

Another example of how inefficient USCIS is. I have applied my EAD in Aug 28th, did the FP in Sept 22, case still pending. I sent to Texas Service center.

Which center did you file your EAD?

Old 11-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/09/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper673 View Post
Hello guys,

I e-filed my EAD renewal in July 3rd, did my FP in August 1 and I still don't have my card.

I opened a Service Request last week since it's been way beyond the "regulatory" 90 days and I got a letter yesterday basically saying that "even though my case is serious, I didn't provide them with an extreme reason to expedite the issuing of the card". Then on a separate line they have: "pending security clearance".

What in the world is an "extreme" reason to get my EAD renewed?? And why is it pending a security clearance if It's already been more than 120 days and it's a "renewal" -not a new card!!

My original EAD expired in 8/10 (I never used it) and my H1B will expire in 1/21/2009.

that is how ineffecient they are, best thing you can do is, site that your h1 will expire and u dont have plans of h1 renewal and u planning to use EAD, i dont know what else could be more extreme than not having an EAD when you want to use it

Old 11-14-2008, 05:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
mita is a name known to all mita is a name known to all mita is a name known to all mita is a name known to all mita is a name known to all mita is a name known to all
Default No finger printing...

I applied online for EAD on 10/23, no finger priting notice yet was asked to wait 30 days to enquire about it. All materials sent to NSC as mentioned, my I-485 is pending at TSC. Did anyone go through the same delay?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcdreamer05 View Post
that is how ineffecient they are, best thing you can do is, site that your h1 will expire and u dont have plans of h1 renewal and u planning to use EAD, i dont know what else could be more extreme than not having an EAD when you want to use it

Old 11-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/24/2007
Chargeability
:
Lebanon
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2007
Compare
viper673 is on a distinguished road

Sent to TSC

Old 11-19-2008, 01:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
pankaj_singal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EAD Renewal

This is a situation with my friend that I am posting under my name...

Questions are mostly related to regarding EAD situation
1. My friend is on H1 and have EAD (June'07 filer) for both him and his spouse... his spouse (secondary aplicant) is currently working on her EAD.. If his company lays him off... Would his wife have any effect on her employment?
2. Could he renew my EAD/AP on my own with no employer support (despite he has no job)
3. What if he goes to India on AP (or otherwise).. would that have effect on his wife's EAD/employment? If he goes to India on AP.. for how long could he go?
4. Could he take up any job and keep switching till priority date becomes current? Also what happens if and when priority date becomes current?

Thanks.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
bharani will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper673 View Post
Refer to my comments in this thread http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...d.php?p=295160

Old 11-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
reachinus is just really nice reachinus is just really nice reachinus is just really nice reachinus is just really nice
Default hope it helps..

1. My friend is on H1 and have EAD (June'07 filer) for both him and his spouse... his spouse (secondary aplicant) is currently working on her EAD.. If his company lays him off... Would his wife have any effect on her employment?
No

2. Could he renew my EAD/AP on my own with no employer support (despite he has no job)
Yes

3. What if he goes to India on AP (or otherwise).. would that have effect on his wife's EAD/employment?
No

3a. If he goes to India on AP.. for how long could he go?
Untill the day before the expiry of AP

4. Could he take up any job and keep switching till priority date becomes current?
Yes. but advisible to stay in same or similiar job

5. Also what happens if and when priority date becomes current?
Should obtain an EVL from the Current\Future employer assuring a full time permanent job.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:13 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute
Default No FP notice yet

I filed for my EAD in August, got an approval for EAD (2 yrs) and AP for one yr but no FP notice. What should I do
I checked with my lawyer and she says previous FP is valid for 15 to 18 months

Kindly Advise what should i do...

Old 11-20-2008, 10:40 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaldarNaik View Post
I filed for my EAD in August, got an approval for EAD (2 yrs) and AP for one yr but no FP notice. What should I do
I checked with my lawyer and she says previous FP is valid for 15 to 18 months

Kindly Advise what should i do...
Did you paper file or efile?
If paper filed, no FP is required.
GCCovet

Old 11-20-2008, 01:47 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Paper thanks for infno

Paper