Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 01:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
mkimmi is a splendid one to behold mkimmi is a splendid one to behold mkimmi is a splendid one to behold mkimmi is a splendid one to behold mkimmi is a splendid one to behold mkimmi is a splendid one to behold mkimmi is a splendid one to behold
Default Emergency Advance Parole - father is ill

My father was serously ill and had heart attack, currently he is in life support. I went to chicago service centre.
they could not help me at all. here is the detailed process..
I tried to e-file, but the instructions clearly says do not e-file if you are wailking into local centre
1st day: I took infopass and visited local office.
they asked me have you booked ticket, why didnt you apply advance parole, let me see medical letter, this is not hospital and it is just institue(the hospital name is jayadev institue of cardiology and reserch). all conversation is one-way without waiting for my answers. finally she told me to e-file i-131 to nebraska service centre and nebraska office update a note.
2nd time on first day: i went with e-file receipt notice, she shoutng(not really) me why i filed with Texas service center. i told her, the computer will pick up based on my i-485 receipt number. she is not aware or pretend she doesnt know. she sent me back again to fax receipt notice and medical letter with nebrasak office
2nd day: i contacted local congressman. they couldnt help much, but they asked me to get a letter with diagnosis and prognosis.
Currently i am waiting for USCIS to give me a call or email
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
mkimmi is a splendid one to behold mkimmi is a splendid one to behold mkimmi is a splendid one to behold mkimmi is a splendid one to behold mkimmi is a splendid one to behold mkimmi is a splendid one to behold mkimmi is a splendid one to behold
Default updates

Sent 2nd physcians letter to congressman, they said this letter should be good. 2 hours passed, no updates

Old 11-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
dhiru is a splendid one to behold dhiru is a splendid one to behold dhiru is a splendid one to behold dhiru is a splendid one to behold dhiru is a splendid one to behold dhiru is a splendid one to behold dhiru is a splendid one to behold

you can try going to the local Inforpass center and explain them with the physician's letter. I had a similar experience and went to the infopass center without appointment and got the parole the next day. good luck!

Old 11-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Contact Senator & Congressman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkimmi View Post
My father was serously ill and had heart attack, currently he is in life support. I went to chicago service centre.
I tried to e-file, but the instructions clearly says do not e-file if you are wailking into local centre
they asked me have you booked ticket, why didnt you apply advance parole, let me see medical letter, this is not hospital and it is just institue(the hospital name is jayadev institue of cardiology and reserch). all conversation is one-way without waiting for my answers. finally she told me to e-file i-131 to nebraska service centre and nebraska office update a note.
2nd time on first day: i went with e-file receipt notice, she shoutng(not really) me why i filed with Texas service center. i told her, the computer will pick up based on my i-485 receipt number. she is not aware or pretend she doesnt know. she sent me back again to fax receipt notice and medical letter with nebrasak office
2nd day: i contacted local congressman. they couldnt help much, but they asked me to get a letter with diagnosis and prognosis.
Contact your area Congressman and state Senator with proof of medical emergency. They will surely help you out. Give them deadline line like you need respond within week time.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/30/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/30/2004
Compare
KRS is a glorious beacon of light KRS is a glorious beacon of light KRS is a glorious beacon of light KRS is a glorious beacon of light KRS is a glorious beacon of light

If this (Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences and Research, Bangalore) is the instiute you mentioned, take some screenshots of the main page and the staff page, and attach it with your request.

I was in a asimilar situation 4 years back. I had applied for AP about 3 months earlier but had not got it. I had applied AP via lawyer (since company was paying for it). So the lawyer took the doctor's letter and faxed it with with expedite request. I got the approval in 2/3 days & the document in 2/3 weeks.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
369 is infamous around these parts 369 is infamous around these parts

OP sorry to hear about your father.

KRS @ - my situation is a little similar to you that I also will be filing through my lawyer, my question is I will file everything in Dec as my PD is current, So should I provide my lawyer the doctors letter so that they can file expedited AP.

You said that you got the approval 2/3 days and and the document 2/3 weeks. Did you travel after the approval or after getting the document. I have to go before last week of Dec.

How long was your AP valid for?

So I have 3 weeks from filing, my mother is ill, although she is not in the hospital but her condition is serious.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Had similar experince last year

My father had a By Pass Surgery last year, and had to go to India, Got an appointment and showed them the Admission Information, Doctors Letter ( on letter head) and after much discussion, they called TSC and asked to approve only my AP, my wife's AP took the regular 3 months.

these kinds of things make me think, is it really worthwhile to stay here, even to visit our home country we have to endure so much of pain.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cellphone will become famous soon enough

sorry to hear this. I had posted my AP experience sometime ago. here it is:

I recently got an AP for my wife under an emergency situation. Her mom had a heart attack and her respiratory system seized to function.

Here was our situation. We hadnt applied for an AP renewal. We were about to, though.
We made an info pass appt. We didnt get a slot for the same day but we still went ahead and made an appt for the next available date. We then went to the local USCIS office and explained to them our situation and that we had made an appt for a later date. After a few checks, they let us in.

Inside, the officer told us that only my wife could get an AP (which was ok by us). the officer (she) rejected the doctor's report showing the condition of my wifes mom. The officer said that the report needed a 'prognosis' and a 'diagnosis'; She also said she would need to see my wife's plane tickets (which we didnt have at that time because all of this happened so suddenly). She also said that she wouldnt make any copies of the documents we were presenting and that we'd have to make them for the USCIS. So, we had to come back the next day with all these requests. The officer, however, gave us a note that would allow us to bypass the queue for the next day.

My wife and I went to the USCIS office the next day, this time with a detailed doctor report with the diagnosis and prognosis, medical bills, etc etc. We had also booked her flight tickets. When we presented all the documents with the cashier's check for the AP they told us that the fee had increased. So, now we again had to go out run and obtain a cashier's check (for the difference) from the closest bank. When we came back presented all the docs and the chasher's check, they finally gave us my wife's AP. Between the two days of visit to the USCIS, we would have spent about 9 hours (wait time). Not bad i would say considering we are dealing with the USCIS.

Another point the officer mentioned was that if my wife already had a AP case pending with them it could have been easier and we neednt have gotten the detailed doctor's report that we presented to them the second day.

So, please check the following before you go to the office:
1. the latest AP fees in the USCIS. Call them and ask. Because we were certain we got a check for the amount listed in the USCIS website.
2. Do you have an AP pending with them? If not, get a detailed medical and doctor's report. In fact if you can just get all the doctor's details from back home. Dont risk it.
3. Book flight tickets if you can before going to their office. Some agents let you book it for 24 hrs before you can cancel it. We booked it and then had to cancel it and rebook it again. However, we lost some $$$

Wish you all the best. I am sure things will work out for the best. And stay cool although its hard.

-cellphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkimmi View Post

Old 11-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare
krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellphone View Post
3. Book flight tickets if you can before going to their office. Some agents let you book it for 24 hrs before you can cancel it. We booked it and then had to cancel it and rebook it again. However, we lost some $$$
If you book tickets through Continental directly, you can cancel without penalty within 24 hours

Old 11-16-2011, 12:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
kmk2002 will become famous soon enough

Twice walked over to USCIS local office with Emergency reason ( Hospital Letter indicating serious health conditions ) and completed forms/photos/Money etc. I received the AP in less than 3 hours. USCIS Office was Santa Ana, CA.

Old 11-16-2011, 01:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/30/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/30/2004
Compare
KRS is a glorious beacon of light KRS is a glorious beacon of light KRS is a glorious beacon of light KRS is a glorious beacon of light KRS is a glorious beacon of light

@369 - I left after the approval. The AP was valid for 1 year.