Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2015, 01:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
buruburudoku is on a distinguished road
Default Needs to travel outside US for my wedding

Hi I am new to this. Found this forum while searching for answers. I filed for all my I-140, 1-131, I-485 and for new EAD application together no problem. Just a little delayed. I was originally scheduled for my wedding in my home country and it was on 6/13. Had to travel out on 6/4, purchased my flight ticket and told my attorney that I have to leave US on thay date. I stressed him out on that issue many time knowing that he must be busy die to the fact that it's the H1Bfiling season and was sure that he would get backed up with a pile of applications. Knowing that the AP takes 90days, I have been telling him since early Feb to file my things and the issue happened. He filed it yesterday and told
Me that I wouldnt get my AP till 6/4. I had the venue reserved and sent out thhe wedding invitations already. He said he will write a letter to expidite my AP issuance stressing the facthat I am getting married. But I knew that wedding is not an appropriate reason for USCIS to expidite it. I asked him if there is any other way I could make it to my wedding and he told me that I could just leave and when my AP is received at my address in the US, someone can forward it to my home country address and I could use it to re-enter US. But searching for the forum I learned that in the end during the interview process they will maych my departure date and the day the AP is approved and I will get in trouble.
Now I have re-schedule my wedding.. With my fiance (who is so pissed off..) when the next possible date could be. Do they usually issue the AP in 90 days? Do you think it is safe to assume 90 days +20 days to cover any errors before and after will secure my wedding day?
Do you know if USCIS will consider expidited processing if my case is close to 90 days?
I really appreciate your thoughts.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2015, 02:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buruburudoku View Post
Hi I am new to this. Found this forum while searching for answers. I filed for all my I-140, 1-131, I-485 and for new EAD application together no problem. Just a little delayed. I was originally scheduled for my wedding in my home country and it was on 6/13. Had to travel out on 6/4, purchased my flight ticket and told my attorney that I have to leave US on thay date. I stressed him out on that issue many time knowing that he must be busy die to the fact that it's the H1Bfiling season and was sure that he would get backed up with a pile of applications. Knowing that the AP takes 90days, I have been telling him since early Feb to file my things and the issue happened. He filed it yesterday and told
Me that I wouldnt get my AP till 6/4. I had the venue reserved and sent out thhe wedding invitations already. He said he will write a letter to expidite my AP issuance stressing the facthat I am getting married. But I knew that wedding is not an appropriate reason for USCIS to expidite it. I asked him if there is any other way I could make it to my wedding and he told me that I could just leave and when my AP is received at my address in the US, someone can forward it to my home country address and I could use it to re-enter US. But searching for the forum I learned that in the end during the interview process they will maych my departure date and the day the AP is approved and I will get in trouble.
Now I have re-schedule my wedding.. With my fiance (who is so pissed off..) when the next possible date could be. Do they usually issue the AP in 90 days? Do you think it is safe to assume 90 days +20 days to cover any errors before and after will secure my wedding day?
Do you know if USCIS will consider expidited processing if my case is close to 90 days?
I really appreciate your thoughts.

1. Approval timeframe. It all depends. Some got approved in less than 45 days, for some it took more than 90 days. However, you can expedite your case after 45 days or so, stating your wedding as reason and explain them that you have everything scheduled. I would take InfoPass appointment instead of going through calling the customer service to expedite your case.

2. After 90 days, they will honor the expedite request. No additional info is necessary.

3. You don't need to wait for your lawyer to file your AP. You can file it yourself.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicy_guy View Post
1. Approval timeframe. It all depends. Some got approved in less than 45 days, for some it took more than 90 days. However, you can expedite your case after 45 days or so, stating your wedding as reason and explain them that you have everything scheduled. I would take InfoPass appointment instead of going through calling the customer service to expedite your case.

2. After 90 days, they will honor the expedite request. No additional info is necessary.

3. You don't need to wait for your lawyer to file your AP. You can file it yourself.
Thanks for prompt reply. Sheds light to my devastating situation. How likely is the first option to be granted? In case they acknowledge my request to expidite it after 45 days, how long does it usually take to get the expidited AP in hand?

Old 03-20-2015, 05:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buruburudoku View Post
Thanks for prompt reply. Sheds light to my devastating situation. How likely is the first option to be granted? In case they acknowledge my request to expidite it after 45 days, how long does it usually take to get the expidited AP in hand?
How likely... can't say. Personally, I think they will accept it.
Well, I am talking about taking InfoPass, not by calling the support.

I had a situation a few years ago. I booked all the tickets, but was waiting until 3 days before the travel date. So just 2 days before the travel date, I took InfoPass and explained the situation. They gave me AP in 40 mins right there.

It doesn't hurt, and its more likely you will get your AP too, in hand or at least a week after.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicy_guy View Post
How likely... can't say. Personally, I think they will accept it.
Well, I am talking about taking InfoPass, not by calling the support.

I had a situation a few years ago. I booked all the tickets, but was waiting until 3 days before the travel date. So just 2 days before the travel date, I took InfoPass and explained the situation. They gave me AP in 40 mins right there.

It doesn't hurt, and its more likely you will get your AP too, in hand or at least a week after.
May I ask for the purpose of your trip back then? Was it related to some emergency situation or business related issues?