Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2015, 07:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB1B
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/07/2015
Compare
sree2015 is on a distinguished road
Default EB1B affidavit of support for the spouse and EVL questions

My I140 in EB1B is approved and I am planning to file I 485 with out a lawyer. I have prepared all the forms and documentation after visiting the list here in the forum and other websites and USCIS sites but still have couple of questions, please advise.

1. I am the primary applicant and my spouse is included in my application. He is in H1B and working. He has a degree from US and I am including those details, his W2, our joint tax return and his pay stubs in his 485 application. Do I still have to submit an affidavit of support form for him?

2. My husband's birth certificate is not available. We took an affidavit from parents stating those and the birth and attaching secondary evidence like 10th school certificate. Is Nonavailability certificate essential in his case? We are trying to get one and it may take a month or more or not sure. I am thinking to file ASAP and if it results an RFE, I will submit the NABC (hope we will receive one by that time).Please advise,

3. I have an employment letter stating the permanent employment dated in January 2015, which I used for filing the approved I 140. It is just 2 month old. Do you think if I have to get a new letter again from my employer?

Thanks very much for all of your time and looking forward some suggestions from the members or others who were in similar situations
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote