Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2007, 01:25 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Helpful info for I-485, I-765 and I-131..

You can get the following forms :

1. I-693
2. I-485
3. I-765
4. I-131
5. G-325

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

Here is the link for form I693.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

SOP

http://immigrationvoice.org/media/fo...1_MailRoom.swf

======================
Here is link to I-485 Standard Operating Procedures (dated 2002)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC4meNow
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheMoment
This adjustment of status SOP document would make clear the procedure, priority and order of the decision making process of the I-485 at CIS.

Though might not be most updated, it would give a glimpse of what happens inside the black box!

Enjoy!

http://www.imminfo.com/resources/cissop.html

Last edited by pappu; 10-01-2007 at 01:15 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2007, 02:13 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedoc...nOps_Mar07.pdf

Last edited by pappu; 11-13-2007 at 09:06 PM.

Old 06-18-2007, 03:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dilvahabilyeha has a spectacular aura about dilvahabilyeha has a spectacular aura about
Default Here is what my lawer sent me!

Hi friends,
Here is what my lawyer sent me! Forwarding to you all so that you can get some idea what they are planning to do. Of Course she is charging me 250$ for this info!. I am sharing this as you have contributed and Will contribute to IV.

------------------Here is the lawyer email---------------------

As you know, you and your wife will be able to file your applications to adjust status to permanent residence in July 2007. You will need to prepare the following for your adjustment applications:
1. Form I-485, Application to Adjust Status. You can find this Form on the Internet here:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485.pdf
Please complete this form in draft format for you and your wife. Please write "unknown" instead of leaving questions unanswered.

2. Form G-325, Biographic Information. You can find this Form on the Internet here:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/g-325a.pdf
Please complete this form in draft format for you and your wife. Please write "unknown" instead of leaving questions unanswered.

3. Photographs. You and your wife must each have six color photographs taken in accordance with the photo specifications that you will find here:
http://travel.state.gov/passport/gui...ition_874.html

4. Passports, Forms I-94 and Nonimmigrant Visa Documents. Please send us a copy of every page, including any blank pages, of each of your current and any prior passports. Please also include copies (front and back) of each of your Forms I-94. Please make sure that the date and place of entry on the I-94 copies are clearly legible.

5. Birth and Marriage Certificates. Please send us a copy of your and your wife’s birth certificates and of your marriage certificate. If your birth certificates do not contain your name, your date and place of birth, and both of your parents' names, you will probably have to get affidavits from parents or older family members to fill in the blanks. We will review your documents and let you know if affidavits will be needed.

6. Medical Exams. You each must have a medical exam done by a CIS approved physician. It is my understanding that it is already becoming difficult to get appointments with these physicians. You can locate these physicians at this website:
https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?ac...ffice_type=CIV

The exam will include a blood test for AIDS and other diseases, a physical exam, and a skin test, and perhaps a chest x-ray, for tuberculosis. The physician will complete the forms and return them in sealed envelopes. The envelopes must remain sealed.
Immigration law requires that you submit proof of vaccinations with your applications for adjustment of status. You will find the vaccination sheet that the CIS physician must complete and enclose with your medicals here:
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/ti-...-a_693vacc.pdf

Please take proof of your prior vaccinations to the medical exams. If you do not have proof of prior vaccinations, you will probably have to receive those vaccinations at this time. If that is the case, it may be more cost effective to have the vaccinations done before you go for the examinations and then take evidence of those vaccinations to the CIS physician.

7. Identification Documents. Please send us two color, slightly enlarged copies of your and your wife’s drivers licenses or other photo ID, with the photos as clear as possible.

8. Employment Verification Letter. I will forward a format for this letter to your employer.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Old 06-18-2007, 04:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/11/2006
Chargeability
:
Andorra
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/11/2006
Compare
reno_john has a spectacular aura about reno_john has a spectacular aura about reno_john has a spectacular aura about
Smile

For people who want to file I-485 filing on their own. Since 485 filing requires only one document from the employer (Employer's letter saying you have the job and its the same job description), its possible to file 485 by oneself without additional help from lawyer or employer. This is a thread for that purpose. Even those who have the help and attention of a good lawyer can use this thread for guidance. This is the initial list of documents that are required for 485 filing and the optional EAD and AP filing. The fee structure is scheduled to change after July 30th. The fees listed below are applicable now thru July 29th.

I-485 DOCUMENT CHECKLIST

1. Payment Checks (USCIS Filing Fees $325.00 in favor of 'United States Citizenship and Immigration Service' OR 'USCIS').

Original fee plus $70.00 biometrics services fee if you are 14 years of age or older. If you are under 14 years of age, the fee is $225.00 with no biometric services fee. If you are 79 years of age or older, the fee is $325.00 with no biometrics services fee.

Fillable I-485 form:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485.pdf

Application is sent to:

USCIS Nebraska Service Center

P.O. Box 87485

Lincoln, NE 68501-7485

2. Form G-28 one with each Application form. Dont need this if you are doing it on your own without the lawyer. If doing on your own, you can fill out G-28 for your spouse, if you are filling out the forms and doing paperwork for your spouse. G-28 shows that the applicant is being represented etc. If you and your spouse are both filling out your own forms and signing them then you may not need G-28 for anything.

3. Two Photographs per 1-485,1-131,1-765

4. Completed form 1-485 for Adjustment of Status

5. Completed Period of Stay form. Completed in chronological order starting with first entry into US, and all changes of status, extensions, exits and entries, down to your current status.

6. Evidence of Valid Nonimmigrant Status:

Copies of both sides of any and all 1-94 cards
Copies of all 1-797 approval notices
Copies of any and all I-20's (if applicable, both sides)
Copies of all IAP 66 forms
Copies of all PT Work Authorization Cards (if applicable)
Copies of All pages of passport - INCLUDING BLANK PAGES AND PLEASE DO NOT MAKE TWO SIDED COPIES; ONE COPY PER PAGE AND MAKE SURE THAT COPIES ARE LEGIBLE

COMPLETED FORM G-325A Biographic Sheet

I-693 form( Every civil surgeon mostly has this form)

Completed Form 1-693 Medical Examination (SEALED) along with copy of list of INS approved Civil Surgeons
Birth Certificates and Marriage Certificate COPIES and other evidence of birth/marriage. One marriage certificate needed per person
Employment Letter in Format
Original for employee, copy for all other

I-765/EAD DOCUMENT CHECKLIST (Optional)

Documents required for EAD/I-765 per person:
Completed Form I-765 (EAD):
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765.pdf
2 photos(full frontal)
USCIS filing fee - $180.00 check payable to 'United States Citizenship and Immigration Service' OR 'USCIS' with your SSN# and I-765 mentioned in the comments section of the check
Copy of past EAD card front/back sides
Copy of recent I-94 card (both sides)
Copy of visa page of passport in color
Copy of driver's license
Copy of I-485 receipt notice (if applicable)
Copy of I-140 approval notice
Copy of Marriage certificate (if applying for spouse)

I-131/Advance Parole DOCUMENT CHECKLIST (Optional)

Documents required for Advance parole/ I-131 per person:
Completed form I-131
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-131.pdf
2 photos (full frontal)
USCIS filing fee - $170.00 check payable to 'United States Citizenship and Immigration Service' OR 'USCIS' with your SSN# and I-131 mentioned in the comments section of the check
copy of EAD card front/back sides,
Copy of I-94 card,
Copy of visa page of passport in color,
Copy of driver's license,
Copy of I-485 receipt notice,
Copy of I-140 approval notice,
Copy of Marriage certificate,
Copy of birth certificate for children and a letter explaining the reason for travel
Signed statement requesting advance parole

Old 06-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
vaishnavilakshmi has a spectacular aura about vaishnavilakshmi has a spectacular aura about

hi,

Usually they ask for only copies of all the docs and not the originals.And they may ask to show the original copies of the birth,marriage etc,wedding pics,family pics etc at the time of interviews.

Hope this helps u,
vaishu

Old 06-19-2007, 04:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
coolmanasip has much to be proud of coolmanasip has much to be proud of coolmanasip has much to be proud of coolmanasip has much to be proud of coolmanasip has much to be proud of coolmanasip has much to be proud of coolmanasip has much to be proud of coolmanasip has much to be proud of coolmanasip has much to be proud of
Default Why Tax Forms???

My lawyer is asking for the tax returns for last three years for 485 filing??? I read W2s in the USCIS list but I do not know why he is asking for tax returns?? Any clue.....

Old 06-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts

Do we use form G-325 or G-325A?

Old 06-19-2007, 06:11 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute

its illegal to take color photocopies of driver licences, ONLY send b/w

Old 06-19-2007, 07:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts

What is the "period of stay form"?

Old 06-20-2007, 01:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
moonlight is on a distinguished road
Default Color copy of DL

I doubt about illegal of taking color copy of driver license.
If it is why would lawyers ask for it. My lawyer asked for color copy.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
yasimk is on a distinguished road
Default Filing EAD and AP separately from I-485

Hi,

I am planning to file EAD & AP on my own and separately from I-485.
Our company will incur the charge for processing I-485 for me and my spouse. But they won't incur the charge for filing EAD and AP. All the attorneys are charging hefty amount for filing EAD & AP. So I am thinking to file EAD & AP on my own and let company take care of my I-485.

So my questions are

1) Is it ok if I file EAD & AP separately from I-485?
Or should i wait till I-485 approval is received and then file EAD & AP.

The concern is because in #10 of I-765 form, there is a section that asks for Alien Registration Number (A-number) or I-94 Number.

2) Is it ok if the I-485 applications are sent by the company and EAD & AP are sent by me and both of these documents reach separately at INS?

Generally most of the applications will reach INS in one bundle. Because I am sure most of the applicants will file I-485/EAD/AP in one shot. But in my case, it will be 2 reaching INS in 2 separate bundles. So is it ok, in my case?

Please advise.

Regards
~~~~~Y

Old 06-20-2007, 06:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cjain has much to be proud of cjain has much to be proud of cjain has much to be proud of cjain has much to be proud of cjain has much to be proud of cjain has much to be proud of cjain has much to be proud of cjain has much to be proud of
Default bump

^^^^^^^^^^

Old 06-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/07/2004
Chargeability
:
Russia
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/07/2004
Compare
voldemar will become famous soon enough voldemar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboy007
its illegal to take color photocopies of driver licences, ONLY send b/w
And wait for RFE.
USCIS is asking for COLOR copies of DL and passport.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/07/2004
Chargeability
:
Russia
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/07/2004
Compare
voldemar will become famous soon enough voldemar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasimk
1) Is it ok if I file EAD & AP separately from I-485?
Or should i wait till I-485 approval is received and then file EAD & AP.
When you get 485 approval you will not need EAD or AP
It's OK to file for EAD and AP yourself, I did it 4 times but you need I-485 receipt notice and I-140 receipt and then approval notice to do that. So if you are wiling to wait till your lawyer get notices (it could be months for those who are filing in July) and your employer and lawyer will provide you a copy of all notices - it's fine to file yourself.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/16/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of
Default Period of Stay form

Is there any official Period of Stay form or its just a summary statement from us about entry exit from start till now.