Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/04/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Expediting AP Process

Hi

Can someone point me to the correct route on the Service Center phone line, to reach an IO. I would like to have a wife's AP Process expedited, so that she can travel end of Nov. We efiled the applications on Sep 4th and the file is in Texas Service Center. Her mom is sick and she needs to travel asap.

Thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-29-2009, 01:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
valuablehurdle is a splendid one to behold valuablehurdle is a splendid one to behold valuablehurdle is a splendid one to behold valuablehurdle is a splendid one to behold valuablehurdle is a splendid one to behold valuablehurdle is a splendid one to behold valuablehurdle is a splendid one to behold

I am in the same boat brother. I expedited my process but later found out they lost my photos.

Here are the steps you need to take:

- Customer Service will not be of much use.
- First you need a valid document eg: a Doctor's note from India and ask them to scan and e-mail the Doctor's note in his/her official notepad.
- Take an Infopass. Ask her to go with the receipt, copy of I-485 and the doctor's note. They should be able to help her out.

- If this doesn't work, contact Ombudsman fill in DHS Form 7001 and send it to them with the supporting documents.

- Last resort is to reach the Local Congressman office. They have their own private channels.

Old 10-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts
Default How many days to get AP in normal process

Hi Guys,

How many days is it taking now to get the AP in the normal process.

What are the documents do we need to submit for that if we go for online renewal.

I had my first AP in 2007 and that expired in 2008.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Compare
neelanu is on a distinguished road
Default Alternatively, local office to be pursued

During Nov'08 - I had a similar emergency. It was a late night ER call from my Dad. As the very first thing in the morning, I rushed to San Jose local office without any info-pass appointment with the copies of eFiled AP documents. Upon arrival, the security guard informed me to wait at the door steps due to lack of any appointment.

IO addressed me within 10 minutes of wait and asked me to bring the fax'ed copy of relevant medical document to expedite the eFile AP approval. Further, IO confirmed that once documents are verified - the very next day I can come and collect the AP approval from the office. By late evening, mom was out of ER and did not follow it up any further.

Last edited by neelanu; 10-29-2009 at 03:00 PM.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Compare
ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnraajan View Post
Hi

would like to have a wife's AP Process expedited

Thanks
How many wives do you have? j/k

Old 10-29-2009, 07:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts

Some humor in tension, don't know how jnraajan will he take this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebizash View Post

Old 10-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare

I got my first AP before my h1b stamped, once h1b stamped i didn't renew my AP.

Now i moved to a new job using EAD (i am in the process of applying for AP again)

I would renew it in 2011 if i were you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravInd View Post
Hi,

I have h1b visa stamped and valid until the end of 2011. My AP expires by the end of next month. So, I am wondering if I actually need to renew my AP since I have H1B VISA.

Can I renew it some time after it is expired? What are the consequences if I let my AP expire and decided to renew it in 2011?

Old 10-30-2009, 02:26 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/04/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebizash View Post
I am sorry, that you don't understand English very well. Let me know what language you understand, may be we can have the topic translated for you.