Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications
Click to log in with Facebook
Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications Track receipt notices, checks and processing delays in 485, EAD and AP petitions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2007, 11:10 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Called uscis on 08/07

Can anybody make sense of this piece of nugget?
Called USCIS to inquire about my AOS application filed on July 2nd

What transpired:-

Dialed 1-800-375-5283

------------------------------------------
trrroooooooooooong.......

base level support: < nice sounding lady greets>
base level support: <whips through the canned set of question she has to ask> and finally decides she will transfer to an IO

Immigration Officer(IO): <lady in hoarse voice> May i please have your alien number?
Me: A***********

IO: Can you please confirm your first name, lastname, date of birth and the date your I-140 was approved
Me: *****, *****, *********, ********, **********

IO: I do not see your application in our system and I do not see your checks cashed. As it stands, we ran out of visa numbers on July 2nd. We need to wait until Aug 17th before we can issue receipt notices for any more applicant. We need to see if more numbers can be available for this years quota.

Me: <confused and with a whirring voice> Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't visa numbers allocated atthe time of adjudication of the AOS application

IO: No, a visa number has to be available before we can issue receipt notice for an AOS application.

Me: <desperation setting in> .. So what do you think is likely to happen with my application?

IO: On Aug 17th, we will know if we will have more visa numbers available and how many will be available. If we have x numbers avaialble, we will issue receipt notices for x application filed in order of receipt date and time. The remaining applications will be returned to the applicants and they will be asked to apply at a future date and time when the visa numbers are available again.

Me: <sorely disappointed.. with a cracking voice> ... I appreciate the information. Have a nice day.
---------------------------------------------

I mean i spent last three weeks peacefully .. and now this.
Please tell me the IO I just spoke to had no clue what she was talking about.
Approved on 9/9/9
FL chapter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FL_Immigration_Voice
$100 through Google Order, Plus supported almost all campaigns big and small
-:- from one great country to another
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoiceThank you.

Last edited by hopefulgc; 08-07-2007 at 08:24 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
asdcrajnet has much to be proud of asdcrajnet has much to be proud of asdcrajnet has much to be proud of asdcrajnet has much to be proud of asdcrajnet has much to be proud of asdcrajnet has much to be proud of asdcrajnet has much to be proud of asdcrajnet has much to be proud of asdcrajnet has much to be proud of
Default me too

I called the USCIS 4 times in the last 5 weeks. I got the same response once. I am sure that the IO did not have a clue of what she said...its completely incorrect.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcformeornot will become famous soon enough
Default Oh boy

Here it starts again. One hell of a ride. Thousands more speculations on their way. People are going to call USCIS and make them mad.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jasmin45 is infamous around these parts jasmin45 is infamous around these parts jasmin45 is infamous around these parts jasmin45 is infamous around these parts jasmin45 is infamous around these parts jasmin45 is infamous around these parts jasmin45 is infamous around these parts
Default Where did you call? NSC or TSC

Where did you call NSC or TSC? could you please provide the name of IO that you talked to regarding this? Seems she/he was on vacation until today and is still in post july 17th mode.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/28/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/28/2005
Compare
raj3078 is a jewel in the rough raj3078 is a jewel in the rough raj3078 is a jewel in the rough
Default Dont call

This is funny....Dont worry about her....She is telling you the standard procedure which is changed due to July Visa Fiasco. They are cashing peoples checks and they will be issueing recipts, just not the GC though...Just sit back and relax man

Old 08-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCAmigo is just really nice GCAmigo is just really nice GCAmigo is just really nice GCAmigo is just really nice
Default No CLUE but...

the cue from this response is to STOP calling them...

enjoy the (endless)wait!

Old 08-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute

As i said .. called national customer service number
1-800-375-5283

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmin45 View Post
Where did you call NSC or TSC? Whats the name of IO that you did speak to? Seems she/he was on vacation until today and is still in post july 17th mode
Approved on 9/9/9
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoiceThank you.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of

USCIS FAQ 1 :

Q15: How long will aliens have to wait for their employment-based applications to be adjudicated?
A15. Applicants should monitor the State Department’s visa bulletin to determine whether a visa number is available based upon their individual priority dates. There are annual statutory limitations, thus some aliens may have to wait a significant period of time, perhaps years, before visa numbers become available.
Applications for interim benefits (employment authorization and advance parole) will be processed prior to final adjudication of the adjustment application and in accordance with USCIS standard procedures.

I hope that successfully answered your question.
I-485 delivered to NSC 8 August 2007
Receipted at TSC 2 October 2007

Old 08-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcformeornot will become famous soon enough
Default How do you have A#?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulgc View Post

Dialed 1-800-375-5283

base level support: <whips through the canned set of question she has to ask> and finally decides she will transfer to an IO

Immigration Officer(IO): <lady in hoarse voice> May i please have your alien number?

IO: Can you please confirm your first name, lastname, date of birth and the date your I-140 was approved

IO: I do not see your application in our system and I do not see your checks cashed. As it stands, we ran out of visa numbers on July 2nd. We need to wait until Aug 17th before we can issue receipt notices for any more applicant. We need to see if more numbers can be available for this years quota.

Me: <confused and with a whirring voice> Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't visa numbers allocated atthe time of adjudication of the AOS application

IO: No, a visa number has to be available before we can issue receipt notice for an AOS application.

Me: <desperation setting in> .. So what do you think is likely to happen with my application?

IO: On Aug 17th, we will know if we will have more visa numbers available and how many will be available. If we have x numbers avaialble, we will issue receipt notices for x application filed in order of receipt date and time. The remaining applications will be returned to the applicants and they will be asked to apply at a future date and time when the visa numbers are available again.

Me: <sorely disappointed.. with a cracking voice> ... I appreciate the information. Have a nice day.

Did you just applied for I-485? How do you have A#?

Old 08-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Mr. gcformeornot,
If USCIS is going to be mad just because a law-abiding tax paying resident is calling asking about the status of the application he has submitted with due fees to pay for their time and effort, then thats their call.
i have been heeding the advise here to refrain from calling all these weeks. This is the first time I have called. Now i know why i shouldn't have called. Its only got me a BIG FAT NOTHING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcformeornot View Post
Here it starts again. One hell of a ride. Thousands more speculations on their way. People are going to call USCIS and make them mad.
Approved on 9/9/9

Old 08-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
manand24 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I think you can get the A# from the I-140 approval.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2006
Chargeability
:
Canada
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
Lisap is on a distinguished road

I called uscis yesterday and spoke to an officer. What she told me was that when the applications are recevied they are date stamped and then moved to basically a huge warehouse type room, where the workers open and seperate the applications from the checks. The application then goes to a clerk who enters the receipt ect... Now this is why some of us have received receipt numbers and some havent... They are date stamped but it is bascially random how they open and then enter the applications. She also said that they at the NSC were having problems back to Feb with their receipt machine and that is adding to the wait time now.... One other thing she said was that on July 2nd they were told to reject applications so they opened the apps and anything after the 2nd was rejected except the apps that they didnt get to before the decision was reversed- those apps will be receipted. Hope this helps....

Old 08-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2003
Compare
guest1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

she clearly didn't know what the procedure is..issuing receipts has nothing to do with visa numbers being available..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulgc View Post

Dialed 1-800-375-5283

Used AC21 twice, sent letter both times
Self AD: July 23, 2007
Filed 485/EAD/AP for spouse: Jul 2, 2007
Notice date Spouse 485: Aug 4, 2007
------------------------------

Old 08-07-2007, 11:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Please correct me if I am wrong. Adjudication is different from receipting the case. A receipt is an acknowledgement and confirmation of successful receipt of the application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkam View Post
USCIS FAQ 1 :

Q15: How long will aliens have to wait for their employment-based applications to be adjudicated?
A15. Applicants should monitor the State Departmentís visa bulletin to determine whether a visa number is available based upon their individual priority dates. There are annual statutory limitations, thus some aliens may have to wait a significant period of time, perhaps years, before visa numbers become available.
Applications for interim benefits (employment authorization and advance parole) will be processed prior to final adjudication of the adjustment application and in accordance with USCIS standard procedures.

I hope that successfully answered your question.
Approved on 9/9/9

Old 08-07-2007, 11:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

my i-140 was approved 7 months ago.. hence i have the A# number.

Quote:
Approved on 9/9/9