Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications
Click to log in with Facebook
Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications Track receipt notices, checks and processing delays in 485, EAD and AP petitions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 02:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Compare
conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future

I feel that initiator of this thread is not trying a coup d'état. He is merely pointing to the fact that every organization runs by elected officials. Having a life term president and core group is only heard in autocratic systems but not in a democratic one. What are we as an organization?

Why are we afraid of discussing new ideas? Why shouldn't we open up IV organization for elections? There is nothing wrong in declaring the rules and then playing by those rules.

So I completely support the guy who came up with this suggestion.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:35 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute

IV does not need a change in leadership. We have a very effective leadership that is working hard behind the scenes to bring about a positive change to the community. If we have not been noticing major changes, it's due to the passive (chaltha hai chalne do) nature of our community, who don't even lift a finger to swat a fly, until and unless they receive a RFE/NOID/Rejection letter from the USCIS.

No change in leadership will bring about any change, unless the community changes it's mentality, raises above narcissism, and becomes actively involved in the movement. This requires a "person with the face", a person ready to expose himself as a leader of the movement to motivate others; subjecting himself/herself to death threats (and other threats) from anti-immigrant goons like ITGrunt and others. Our fearless Aman Kapoor has made that bold sacrifice for the ungrateful community which blames him for all our collective failures.

So before proposing a change in leadership, I request Mr. Bawa to post his personal picture in the IV profile and/or publish a YouTube video of his ideas for the movement ( just like Aman's video on Immigration Voice). I can't vote for a faceless leader hiding behind anonymity. I need a real life person with real ideas. Do we have such New fearless leaders in our community?

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:44 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute

Have you visited the offices of US Congressmen in DC, and tried to explain our issue to Senators and Congressmen? Yes, I have. I was asked the same question in each and every office - "If half-a-million people are impacted by the backlogs, how come only 3-4 people (idiots like me) visit us with this complaint. Why aren't we visited by our other constituents? Why don't your members even write letters to us?".

This is THE REASON why the movement has not made much headway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Binny View Post
It is always an option for any one with in their org, but if his point is wrong, then IV core leadership should prove him that they are not sitting idle or moving very very slow.

Every one starting their own organization or asking to do so doesn't solve the purpose.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:54 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Default Where are the candidates?

IV will become ready for elections when we have real candidates with real faces. I request all real candidates to publish their photos and accomplishments, their ideas for the organization; so that we can choose the best person for the job.

Any volunteers? Why don't I see a single volunteer! Seriously, can we have an election without candidates?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchshell View Post
I feel that initiator of this thread is not trying a coup d'état. He is merely pointing to the fact that every organization runs by elected officials. Having a life term president and core group is only heard in autocratic systems but not in a democratic one. What are we as an organization?

Why are we afraid of discussing new ideas? Why shouldn't we open up IV organization for elections? There is nothing wrong in declaring the rules and then playing by those rules.

So I completely support the guy who came up with this suggestion.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:02 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute
Default A small correction...

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking_dude View Post
Any volunteers? Why don't I see a single volunteer! Seriously, can we have an election without candidates?!
Not Volunteers but Leaders...

Volunteer is a person who takes responsibility and does a single task. Here the question was raised to have new leaders who can take a flight to Washington DC on Monday morning, change the law by noon to issue GC to every EB category, have a lunch at Olive Garden, come back monday evening.

Last edited by insbaby; 07-06-2009 at 03:30 AM.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2007
Compare
mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light
Default No one is blaming Aman.

Quote:
IV does not need a change in leadership. We have a very effective leadership that is working hard behind the scenes to bring about a positive change to the community. If we have not been noticing major changes, it's due to the passive (chaltha hai chalne do) nature of our community, who don't even lift a finger to swat a fly, until and unless they receive a RFE/NOID/Rejection letter from the USCIS.

No change in leadership will bring about any change, unless the community changes it's mentality, raises above narcissism, and becomes actively involved in the movement. This requires a "person with the face", a person ready to expose himself as a leader of the movement to motivate others; subjecting himself/herself to death threats (and other threats) from anti-immigrant goons like ITGrunt and others. Our fearless Aman Kapoor has made that bold sacrifice for the ungrateful community which blames him for all our collective failures.

So before proposing a change in leadership, I request Mr. Bawa to post his personal picture in the IV profile and/or publish a YouTube video of his ideas for the movement ( just like Aman's video on Immigration Voice). I can't vote for a faceless leader hiding behind anonymity. I need a real life person with real ideas. Do we have such New fearless leaders in our community?
I can post my picture or I may have a video on youtube. I am not trying to blame Aman. I am pointing at the wrong stratergy and a sleeping core team. They were good in 07 but not anymore. Let's find the new leaders. U can take names or call me whatever but I want something done above and beyond the idealism.

I have met Senators, I have visited Reps and met enough people on IV's directions, Nothing has changed as the directors were incompetent.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:28 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by insbaby View Post
Not Volunteer but Leaders...

Volunteer is a person who takes responsibility and does a task. Here the question was raised to have new leaders who can take a flight to Washington DC on Monday morning, change the law by noon to issue GC to every EB category, have a lunch at Olive Garden, come back monday evening.
oh that's easy stuff - I can do that sign me up. I love chicken parmesan at olive garden. There is just one problem. What do you want me to do after my lunch and before my evening flight. That's just waste of too much of my time.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2007
Compare
mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light
Default There are people ready for this

Quote:
IV will become ready for elections when we have real candidates with real faces. I request all real candidates to publish their photos and accomplishments, their ideas for the organization; so that we can choose the best person for the job.

Pictures and videos will come out if we as an organization are ready/serious to hold elections. Otherwise this is not going anywhere. Everytime someone questions the stratergy and leadership, blaming back members for inaction is the standard excuse. Let's stop whining and do something. We are being funded and we have a great member base. Leadership and stratergy is the only deficiency.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:33 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute
Default Enjoy your lunch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhira View Post
oh that's easy stuff - I can do that sign me up. I love chicken parmesan at olive garden. There is just one problem. What do you want me to do after my lunch and before my evening flight. That's just waste of too much of my time.
It is a 3 hour lunch.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:35 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not Volunteer but Leaders...

Volunteer is a person who takes responsibility and does a task. Here the question was raised to have new leaders who can take a flight to Washington DC on Monday morning, change the law by noon to issue GC to every EB category, have a lunch at Olive Garden, come back monday evening.
Most leaders are actually volunteers in IV. They have a regular full time job.

What you are saying: "who can take a flight to Washington DC on Monday morning, change the law by noon to issue GC to every EB category, have a lunch at Olive Garden, come back monday evening" :

For this you need to hire full time lobbyist which costs a lot
of money. IV budget is nowhere close to that the Hispanic lobby group:
National council of La Raza whose budget is
$40 million or $1.3 billion including its “affiliates” network.
IV is a tiny organization in front of La Raza. Thats....a BILLION with which they hire full time lobbyist.

I strongly suggest you listen to the audio interview to understand how big the hispanic
lobby is and get some reality check of how things work in US politics.

Raul Yzaguirre on Past and Future of La Raza : NPR

Even with such power also they cant pass CIR. But at least they ensure that no
EB or illegal immigration reform will pass unless there is something for illegals.

Last edited by go_guy123; 07-06-2009 at 03:41 AM.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2007
Compare
Default Current IV core team

From last 2 years I have not seen activity other than Aman, Himanshu & Puneet.
What are other boys doing in the team ? We need election guys. This is not Iran :-)

Aman Kapoor is the co-founder of Immigration Voice and is our liaison with other groups and agencies. Mr. Kapoor has been working in US for the last eight years. The prolonged employment-based immigration process has continued to hurt Mr. Kapoor’s career growth prospects. Mr. Kapoor possesses strong technical skills and has contributed in many high profile projects with large clients across the country. He has a Bachelors’ degree in Engineering and is presently pursuing his MBA. His permanent residency application is being processed and the I-485 approval has been pending for more than 28 months. Mr. Kapoor and his family are now on third year EAD and continue to await approval of their Green Card application. Mr. Kapoor’s handle is WaldenPond and his email is aman@immigrationvoice.org

Himanshu is an advertising and design professional with Masters from a US university and undergraduate from a top Institute in India. He has an illustrious career working with leading companies has won numerous awards. His Green card application was stuck at the Backlog Elimination Center and after lot of wait, changed his employer, started his process all over again with a new PD. He is responsible for media, publicity and funding efforts of Immigration Voice. His ID on Immigration Voice is 'pappu' and can be reached at himanshu@immigrationvoice.org

Nagaraj is a Systems Analyst working in the health care industry for the past 5 years on a H-1 Visa. His tag on IV is indio0617. He has degrees in Physics and Computer Information systems from the University of Madras and University of Houston ,respectively. His Green card application is stuck in the Backlog Center with a pending labor certificate since February 2004. He can be contacted at nagaraj@immigrationvoice.org

Naren has a Masters in Engineering from a US university and works as a Project Manager for a FORTUNE Top 10 Employer Company. Naren has had extensive global experience in business continuation, service delivery, as well as account management with leading Global corporations. Like several others, he is affected by retrogression. Naren is responsible for the Free Immigration Advice Program at IV (Au Gratis) and liaises with immigration attorneys as part of this role. His handle is sertasheep and he can be reached at sertasheep@immigrationvoice.org

Pratik has an MBA degree from a US university and MSc degree from India . He is currently working as a Marketing Consultant. He has worked with several companies in , Europe and US. His I-140 is in process and he will follow others in the queue to file I-485. The unavailability of Employment Based Visa's restricts him from making any kind of long term commitments. He can be contacted at pratik@immigrationvoice.org

Puneet is an Endocrinologist practicing in a major urban health care system located in an underserved area. He graduated from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences and has trained at NYU and the Mayo Clinic. He leads the Minnesota chapter of IV and is currently helping build the IV-Physicians chapter. He recently filed a National Interest Waiver, after USCIS finally accepted the eligibility of specialist physicians for the program. The delayed priority date however, means a long wait for a green card. He lives in the twin cities with his wife (who is pursuing a PhD) and their 3 year old daughter.His IV handle is 'Paskal'.

Rajatish Mukherjee is a Software Developer in one of the world's largest software companies. He came to US in the year 1999. In Mar 2005, his employer started his green card application; his labor certification is still pending at the Dallas Labor Backlog Center . He holds a Bachelors degree in Computer Science & Engineering from and a Masters in Computer Science from US. He is currently looking at another 4-6 years of waiting before he can file his I-485 and probably another 2 years after that to get the green card. In the meantime he cannot make any important decisions like investment commitments. Rajatish's id on Immigration Voice is mrajatish and he can be reached at raj@immigrationvoice.org
Xiheng is a software engineer helping develop trading platforms in the financial industry. He didn't want to be stuck in a position where he didn't see much career growth, especially hindered by a BEC'ed labor certification, and therefore, he joined a new company that sponsored his PERM application in the EB3 category. After witnessing the great efforts of Immigration Voice in May/June 2006, he decided on two things: 1) petition his employer to refile his PERM in EB2/China category, and 2) help Immigration Voicce out as he can. He hopes to help this organization with the paid membership drive initiative. His handle is xu1.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:40 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Default Agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_guy123 View Post
Most leaders are actually volunteers in IV. They have a regular full time job.

What you are saying: "who can take a flight to Washington DC on Monday morning, change the law by noon to issue GC to every EB category, have a lunch at Olive Garden, come back monday evening" :

For this you need to hire full time lobbyist which costs a lot
of money. IV budget is nowhere close to that the Hispanic lobby group:
National council of La Raza whose budget is
$40 million or $1.3 billion including its “affiliates” network.
IV is a tiny organization in front of La Raza. Thats....a BILLION with full time lobbyist.

I strongly suggest you listen to the audio interview to understand how big the hispanic
lobby is.

Raul Yzaguirre on Past and Future of La Raza : NPR

With such power also they cant pass CIR. But at least they ensure that no
EB or illegal immigration reform will pass unless there is something for illegals.
I agree. Thats what I tried to say.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:43 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Default Not enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbawa2574 View Post
We are being funded and we have a great member base.
Why does the line on top of this page say

Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)

I guess, last month is about $2500, and previous month is less than $2K.

Any plans in your mind how to get every member pay $1 every month?

Old 07-06-2009, 03:44 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It is a 3 hour lunch.
I am all game for this one, sign me up I am a leader, I want change - yes I can

Old 07-06-2009, 03:49 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Default ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhira View Post
I want change
Change of what?

30 mins lunch to 3 hour lunch ???