Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications
Click to log in with Facebook
Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications Track receipt notices, checks and processing delays in 485, EAD and AP petitions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2007
Compare
mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Change in IV core leadership

IV core leadership has to change and so is the stratergy. Current Lobbying efforts have clearly not worked out. I call for elections to elect the new core team. All these conference calls and inaction is just wastage of time and things are getting worse. We need an aggressive stratergy and may need to take names and hit people openly to get our agenda pushed. IV leadership clearly lacks these skills.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

9 out of 14 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:40 PM
ganguteli

mbawa2574 for IV president. Anyone?

Dude if you do not like something, why don't you start your own aggressive organization. You do not do squat on IV and only whined.

1 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Roger Binny is just really nice Roger Binny is just really nice Roger Binny is just really nice Roger Binny is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganguteli View Post

Dude if you do not like something, why don't you start your own aggressive organization. You do not do squat on IV and only whined.
It is always an option for any one with in their org, but if his point is wrong, then IV core leadership should prove him that they are not sitting idle or moving very very slow.

Every one starting their own organization or asking to do so doesn't solve the purpose.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Compare
a2006 is a splendid one to behold a2006 is a splendid one to behold a2006 is a splendid one to behold a2006 is a splendid one to behold a2006 is a splendid one to behold a2006 is a splendid one to behold a2006 is a splendid one to behold a2006 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Binny View Post
It is always an option for any one with in their org, but if his point is wrong, then IV core leadership should prove him that they are not sitting idle or moving very very slow.

Every one starting their own organization or asking to do so doesn't solve the purpose.
Why cant he start an initiative and take it to completion and show everybody that he can do something. IV is for everybody just complaining wouldn't take us far.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
santa123 is a jewel in the rough santa123 is a jewel in the rough santa123 is a jewel in the rough santa123 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganguteli View Post

ganguteli for IV President and Public relations
Anyone? why not?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
freedom_fighter is just really nice freedom_fighter is just really nice freedom_fighter is just really nice freedom_fighter is just really nice freedom_fighter is just really nice
Default ridiculous idea.

Are you insane ? Just because we don't see what IV core/other members contribute behind the scenes, doesn't mean that we should change the IV core. I was a quite member for a while and saw, what IV was able to accomplish during the July 2007 fiasco.

Yeah , i can understand the frustration, we have not seen anything beyond the July 2007 filing. How many of you've taken out on the streets, went to your senator and congress.

We are such a minority in eyes of congress/senate, that they dont care about us.

If you've any better means to do something effective, by all means create some other organization. I don't necessarily agree with what IV pushes for all the time, but so what , they are doing something atleast.

Still, if you think you've an idea or something that can cause a real impact, share it here and i'm sure IV will accommodate you. I would be happy to see the end of this legal immigration red-tape and see the end of IV for a good cause. IV core are ppl just like us, if you want to devote more time, by all means ask IV and they will include you.

Ultimately, we all care about getting the job done. End to this insane wait and red-tape.

my 2 cents

Old 07-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
browncow is a jewel in the rough browncow is a jewel in the rough browncow is a jewel in the rough browncow is a jewel in the rough

The idea is very brillinat and this actually benefits the current IV core too.
Usually, people get tired of leading a non-profit, too much of ones personal resources go into it.
A new leadership will bring new energy in form of people getting a title and make them more accountable to needs.
Every current commitee(current IV core) actually is the backbone of a non-profit, cos they carry lots of assets, in terms of connections they have developed, money they have accumulated, goals that they have set, etc...
So the current IV core can support the new commitee and take their help to take the organisation forward.
And as I previously mentioned, the organisation does not or should not cease to exits once our goals are met, they should then be lead by other non-immigrants who will have a whole different set of issues.

usually, a non-profits exec committee is elected by its members.
for eg. the 2009 members (paid), can vote for the IV president and the committe.

it doesnt make sense for evey EB immigant to go and start a new non-for-profit.

Old 07-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2012
Compare
bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Very interesting thread but where are the candidates??

I am very intrigued by this thread and I would love to see a change in status quo too. However, I am missing one very important piece of information....Who are the proposed candidates and what is their agenda??

Mbawa, please don't take this as criticism but how exactly would a change in the IV core improve the current status quo? If you have any ideas, what has stopped you from using IV as a platform and taking a lead?

Again, I would love to see things improving for the EB folks but I really missing the point on how this suggestion would get us there. I have great respect for the IV core as I know it and personally I will never be able to do even 10% of the job they have done. SO if there are folks who can do better than the present core, I would love to hear their ideas and contribute to the cause.

If this is just one of the several threads that are started with no real effort or thought put in to come up with an actual and feasible solution, then this is doing more harm than good. Again I am really open to listening like a lot other silent/passive members.

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by browncow View Post
The idea is very brillinat and this actually benefits the current IV core too.
Usually, people get tired of leading a non-profit, too much of ones personal resources go into it.
A new leadership will bring new energy in form of people getting a title and make them more accountable to needs.
Every current commitee(current IV core) actually is the backbone of a non-profit, cos they carry lots of assets, in terms of connections they have developed, money they have accumulated, goals that they have set, etc...
So the current IV core can support the new commitee and take their help to take the organisation forward.
And as I previously mentioned, the organisation does not or should not cease to exits once our goals are met, they should then be lead by other non-immigrants who will have a whole different set of issues.

usually, a non-profits exec committee is elected by its members.
for eg. the 2009 members (paid), can vote for the IV president and the committe.

it doesnt make sense for evey EB immigant to go and start a new non-for-profit.

Northern California State Chapter

Old 07-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
browncow is a jewel in the rough browncow is a jewel in the rough browncow is a jewel in the rough browncow is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondgoli007 View Post
I am very intrigued by this thread and I would love to see a change in status quo too. However, I am missing one very important piece of information....Who are the proposed candidates and what is their agenda??

Mbawa, please don't take this as criticism but how exactly would a change in the IV core improve the current status quo? If you have any ideas, what has stopped you from using IV as a platform and taking a lead?

Again, I would love to see things improving for the EB folks but I really missing the point on how this suggestion would get us there. I have great respect for the IV core as I know it and personally I will never be able to do even 10% of the job they have done. SO if there are folks who can do better than the present core, I would love to hear their ideas and contribute to the cause.

If this is just one of the several threads that are started with no real effort or thought put in to come up with an actual and feasible solution, then this is doing more harm than good. Again I am really open to listening like a lot other silent/passive members.

Cheers.
This is not a transparent organisation, we do not know who the president or the exec committee of this organisation is. Every now and then, we hear about stating the facts in our profile before posting questions.
But we know very little about the exec committee, the 'About us' has the agenda that IV is fightin for, nothing at all about the people behind it.
Who do i thank for such a nice organisation? I have no idea.

coming to the nomination for the exec commitee, there are lots of self motivated people around here, motivation can come from people languishing with unjust RFEs, name check limbos, 10 year old petitions, members who know they can add to the organisation, and the core, they would know people who they think are capable of carrying the torch on with equal or more zest.
Most of the time, leaders of of non-profits have to be pushed to assume their roles, rather then they coming forward to lead.

Last edited by browncow; 07-05-2009 at 08:43 PM.

Old 07-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/22/2006
Compare
Aah_GC is on a distinguished road

I think this is a valid question that is being asked and should be answered by IV core. Am always intrigued by our behind the scenes effort and the heck that is going on. I do not want to cross the line and judge the integrity on IV core, but would really like to know exactly what we are up to. At least we need to periodic conf calls and announcement of our efforts (and I understand there needs to be some secrecy with anti-immig watching us closely).

Contributed $700 and made calls to Senators

Old 07-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2007
Compare
mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Thanks Guys for reading this and listening to my concerns

I personally have nothing against anyone in core team and feel that these guys been doing their best effort to help the community. But their strategy is flawed. We are not aligned with right people and we don't speak up. We don't followup and hit hard on people who are working against our agenda. When illegal immigrant community can get media limelight , why we cannot ? We were all banking on democrats to help us and here is the result. We as IV ans need to wake up and start working closely with pro-business community. We need to approach media to bash anyone who uses race, national orign as a medium to undermine our long term agenda.

We all have the track record for IV till this date and we have not accomplished anything from July 07.We don't have media coverage and no one in political circle knows IV as a viable organization . If media coverage calls for doing something out of box to attract media attention , let's do it. We sent flowers, we attracted media attention. I have some agressive ideas and I can share in a private forum ( Just to keep numbersusa away :-))

For all these changes to happen, a new leadership team needs to be elected.

For everyone's information, I was one of the IV MA chapter leadership team members from 07-08. Was there for July 07 and for the rally. Lately there is no energy left in that chapter. Conference calls are full of people who have nothing but idealism. Other than one or two IV MA members , rest all of them is waste of time. So I find it useless to stick with status quo. A new core leadership team promising aggressive agenda will bring in life to IV.

BTW I liked Dilbert :-)

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold
Wink

Looks like some one upset with Donor only calls..

Lot of members got use to Free Food ..

Synonyms for inJustice:
Abuse, breach, crime, damage, dirty deal, discrimination, encroachment, favoritism, grievance, inequality, inequity, infraction, infringement, iniquity, malfeasance, malpractice, maltreatment, mischief, negligence, offense, one-sidedness, oppression, outrage, partiality, partisanship, prejudice, raw deal, rotten deal, ruin, sellout, transgression, trespass, unfairness, unjustness, unlawfulness, villainy, violation, wrongdoing

Old 07-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2008
Compare
ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts
Default I too think so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aah_GC View Post
I think this is a valid question that is being asked and should be answered by IV core. Am always intrigued by our behind the scenes effort and the heck that is going on. I do not want to cross the line and judge the integrity on IV core, but would really like to know exactly what we are up to. At least we need to periodic conf calls and announcement of our efforts (and I understand there needs to be some secrecy with anti-immig watching us closely).
Though IV core has been doing a great job, with the huge member base is it really leveraging the member potential except for donations and stories? May be there should be a change in the strategy leveraging the members thoughts and putting things in perspective. Chances are a few new team members could bring new energy and strategies.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
av2004 is a jewel in the rough av2004 is a jewel in the rough av2004 is a jewel in the rough

mbawa.. It is always nice to sit on the side and blame it all on the leaders here. First thing you have to remember is that these poor/great folks (poor for representing people like you and great for working for representing all immigrant hopefuls) are really working for YOU and me. It is quite convenient to blame others than doing things yourself. If you think you are any better, why not come up with your USEFUL/GREAT ideas and see if the IV core respects those ideas or not. Lobbying or not, when the government is ready to think about CIR or immigration in general, I am pretty sure that IV can make OUR voice heard. Got the point?

Old 07-06-2009, 01:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2007
Compare
Default Thanks Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by av2004 View Post
mbawa.. It is always nice to sit on the side and blame it all on the leaders here. First thing you have to remember is that these poor/great folks (poor for representing people like you and great for working for representing all immigrant hopefuls) are really working for YOU and me. It is quite convenient to blame others than doing things yourself. If you think you are any better, why not come up with your USEFUL/GREAT ideas and see if the IV core respects those ideas or not. Lobbying or not, when the government is ready to think about CIR or immigration in general, I am pretty sure that IV can make OUR voice heard. Got the point?
Problem is not the members but the overall stratergy. I understand ur emotions but certainly we need change and action. Without aggressive stratergy that can punch the noses of people against our agenda, we will not be successful. As I said - this is not personal at all. I know some of core people very well and they are competent and bright boys. This has to do with overall stratergy and we need to be bit more agressive .Without a new team which will bring in a coordinated effort & energy into this , we will not make it. CIR may get passed and other immigration categories may benefit at our cost if we don't change our course . Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Last edited by mbawa2574; 07-06-2009 at 01:23 AM.