Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications
Click to log in with Facebook
Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications Track receipt notices, checks and processing delays in 485, EAD and AP petitions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
Ukraine
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
f1vlad is on a distinguished road
Default Incompetent customer service reps at USCIS, please give your thoughts

Hi guys, I am not going to go into specifics for legal reasons, it is 485 related issue, but what happened is just not how it should be happening in America.

Yesterday

I call USCIS customer service rep. She asks me receipt #, and proceeds telling me that my petition XYZ was approved and my card was mailed to me. She gave me very specific details what and when. I am happy.

Today

I call USCIS customer service rep (because there was one question I forgot to ask yesterday) Go through the same process, he says that "Document has been mailed to applicant", that's all I can see, and that's what you can see when you login to USCIS. So I am saying correct, what about XYZ and card that mailed to me. He says "There is no way I can see what was mailed to you, I cannot see which address it was mailed to. I cannot see anything at all except that statement -- Document has been mailed to applicant".

So I am just very upset, because the first person I spoke to gave me very good news and this second person crashed it. Did anything like this happen to any of you? Is either one of them imcompetent?

Should I call to yet another rep? What to do?!

Very frustrating.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sam2006 is a glorious beacon of light sam2006 is a glorious beacon of light sam2006 is a glorious beacon of light sam2006 is a glorious beacon of light sam2006 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Same Thing happend with me also

Same Thing happend with me also

since then i have not bothered to call them as they only read what you see online ...

Old 10-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/05/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
rajsand has a spectacular aura about rajsand has a spectacular aura about
Default reps are not aware of the process

Seems to be clear the customer reps are still in the old receipting system , they are not aware of the (randon-in, random-out) pattern USCIS has lately adapted to !
I called in 2 days back & the IO gave me a receipt no for EAD alone, & said there is no info regarding the other 2 appls.
Now when I called again, the IO says how is this possible? You cannot get ead w/o 485 and moreover check with your lawyer if you sent in all the appls, usually if one is processed the others would follow suit.
I am totally shocked and damn irritated. I am sure there is curently no order and no organized way of handling things in USCIS.. so no point in calling them !
I hope things will work out fine for everyone and more importantly hope people are less stressed out at the end of it!!
Lets join the STATE Chapters
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2007, 04:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability