Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications
Click to log in with Facebook
Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications Track receipt notices, checks and processing delays in 485, EAD and AP petitions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2007, 11:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/29/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
utthesta is on a distinguished road
Default Receipt Date on the I485/EAD

Why is receipt date different on the I485/EAD.

I am reading some of the posts from other members.
Their receipt data on the EAD is different(at least 1, 2 months delayed) from the date USCIS actually received their application. I thought USCIS is going to honour the actual date when they received the application by mail.
It is obviously more than 2 months late for many of the applications.

If some one to use AC21 portability, what exact date is honoured? the date when USCIS received the application or the receive date printed on the EAD?
Is the date when USCIS received is stored some where?

In my case, I filed my I485 on July27 at TEXAS Service Center, I received a notice on Oct 6 from CALIFORNIA Service Center, Details below :

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Receipt Date : Oct 1, 2007
Notice Date : Oct 2, 2007

Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing because it has jurisdiction over the case.
On October 2, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you.....

Now, I am not sure, what exactly is my Received Date. And how it went to California Center? I have confirmation from FEDEX tracking that it is delivered to Texas Center.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/29/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
utthesta is on a distinguished road

This is the reply I got back from my attorney.

My case was filed in Texas Center but Texas couldn't process all the applications so they shipped some of them to California to do initial data entry. Now that California has finished with initial entry, they are sending it back to Texas.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute

Isnt that stupid.. I'm baffled at their brilliance? why cant they issue a reciept notice there it self..