Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications
Click to log in with Facebook
Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications Track receipt notices, checks and processing delays in 485, EAD and AP petitions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 03:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody have any update or heard anything on the visa recapture bill HR5658(111th congress)?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2010, 08:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/26/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by arung View Post
True, like I still have a EDD letter talks about my first case for GC was filled on Aug. 2001 as wanted to immigrant but what is the use, as I have to file new one as even if I have transferred my employment to my parent companies client, USCIS has no rule to transfer labor process or priority dates until has approved i140, they requires to file new one which surly takes time. And I am sure mostly people completed even 10 years of working waiting for GC have the same issue.
what language is this bro? damn!

Old 10-18-2010, 05:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute

Can you all please try to contact USCIS/DOS/local congressman/woman with your request
for EB Spillover visa usage based on the oldest Priority date? If you have already done it please do it again, if not, please do it. Let us try our best to see something can favor us to see our green card atleast this year.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Default Visa allocation based on priority date (FIFO)

Now that HR 3012 is gone, and new year is here with hopes for CIR, along with country quota elimination, can IV also push for the legislation to include allocation of visa based on priority date (FIFO), to be fair for all applicants?

Old 01-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute

That is a good idea. At least we can see some GC's coming this year . I am also waiting with the oldest priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanhari View Post
Can you all please try to contact USCIS/DOS/local congressman/woman with your request
for EB Spillover visa usage based on the oldest Priority date? If you have already done it please do it again, if not, please do it. Let us try our best to see something can favor us to see our green card atleast this year.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2007
Compare
vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of

Yet again a piece-meal solution which will get lost..Frankly, I am not too optimistic about any legislation for legal immigration although I certainly commend all the efforts that IV and such organizations are making.

Here are the reasons why I am not too optimistic -

1. We don't have a strong lobby. We do not decide election results in swing states esp unlike hispanics do in NV & FL.
2. We live peacefully like good citizens, pay our taxes, pay our fines, spend money in the US, buy homes to revive the housing market.
3. We pay hefty amounts each time for H-1B renewals, EAD renewals, AP renewals which in turn is used to build fence across the US-Mexico border.
4. We "supposedly" take away US jobs from "qualified" US citizens.
5. Out of millions of legal immigrants who come to US, not all start a GOOGLE.

US govt has more to lose than to gain if they grant us PR. So get patient for another 10-15 yrs. Enjoy your limited freedom in US - Like I have been doing from 1996.

Also, why do you want a GC. I feel life will become even more miserable after that (and may be I am wrong) but won't you have to -

1. File FBAR. Declare all the money you make in foreign countries including your property rentals, fixed deposits in overseas banks and pay taxes on that income here in the US?

2. If you become bankrupt in US now, you can file for bankruptcy and live happily in your own home country. Once you become a PR holder or a citizen, you have nowhere to go but live out here with bad credit.

May be I am a bit more frustrated today but I guess we have no choice to but wait and watch...

Old 01-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanhari View Post
Now that HR 3012 is gone, and new year is here with hopes for CIR, along with country quota elimination, can IV also push for the legislation to include allocation of visa based on priority date (FIFO), to be fair for all applicants?
visa allocation is already based on PD (FIFO).

Old 01-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
easygoer has a brilliant future easygoer has a brilliant future easygoer has a brilliant future easygoer has a brilliant future easygoer has a brilliant future easygoer has a brilliant future easygoer has a brilliant future easygoer has a brilliant future easygoer has a brilliant future easygoer has a brilliant future easygoer has a brilliant future
Exclamation Be careful

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasbaby View Post
Yet again a piece-meal solution which will get lost..Frankly, I am not too optimistic about any legislation for legal immigration although I certainly commend all the efforts that IV and such organizations are making.

Also, why do you want a GC. I feel life will become even more miserable after that (and may be I am wrong) but won't you have to -

1. File FBAR. Declare all the money you make in foreign countries including your property rentals, fixed deposits in overseas banks and pay taxes on that income here in the US?

2. If you become bankrupt in US now, you can file for bankruptcy and live happily in your own home country. Once you become a PR holder or a citizen, you have nowhere to go but live out here with bad credit.

May be I am a bit more frustrated today but I guess we have no choice to but wait and watch...
I appreciate your positive attitude and that's good way to look at it. However, I warn you that you have to declare all your money you make in foreign country once your taxable income is above exempt limit and it is irrespective of your PR status.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:10 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Default To Thomachan72

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post
visa allocation is already based on PD (FIFO).
Sorry, thomachan72, that's not true, you can clearly see that EB3 India and EB-other workers India has the oldest priority date cases pending, still other category cases with a more recent priority date gets their visa /GC.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/06/2013
Compare
SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute
Default February 2013 Bulletin Out

Visa Bulletin For February 2013
I140 Receipt Date:Jul 26, '07
I140 Approved Date:Apr 8, '08
2nd I140 Receipt Date:Jul 22, '11
I140 RFE Date:Mar 6, '12
I140 Approved Date:May 23, '12
I-485 Mailed Date:Feb 6, '13 Finally
I-485 Receipt Date:Feb 7, '13
I-485 Notice Date:Feb 12, '13
EAD & Advance Parole Approval:Mar 2, '13
EAD & Advance Parole Combo Card Recd Date:Mar 8, '13 (valid for 1 year)
Finger Print Notice date:Mar 29, '13

Old 01-09-2013, 08:47 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunil9911 is infamous around these parts sunil9911 is infamous around these parts sunil9911 is infamous around these parts sunil9911 is infamous around these parts sunil9911 is infamous around these parts sunil9911 is infamous around these parts sunil9911 is infamous around these parts sunil9911 is infamous around these parts sunil9911 is infamous around these parts sunil9911 is infamous around these parts sunil9911 is infamous around these parts
Default Doneky and horse cann't be same

Immigration policies were framed to attract Foreign brains, whoever have more brain will get GC first, that is why they have various categories.