Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications
Click to log in with Facebook
Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications Track receipt notices, checks and processing delays in 485, EAD and AP petitions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare
LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can one continue to work after EAD expires??

I know this question has been asked many times. My question is: Past the expiry of EAD, are we protected under 245(K) to work at least 180 days??

I am currently on AOS and applied for renewal of EAD and its more than 77 days now, called USCIS and they gave me 16 digit number, but refused to put me on an "expedited case" list. My service center is TSC.

Please share your thoughts on this matter.

Last edited by LostInGCProcess; 10-20-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-20-2010, 01:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greenmay is on a distinguished road
Default EAD expiring in another 3 weeks

I am in the same boat as you are and I would like to know the answer as well. My EAD will expire in another 3 weeks.
My GC priority date has been current from the past 3 months, no sign of approval yet.
And I have applied for AP in August still no sign of it. I am planning to go to India in November for brothers wedding. I am getting very frustrated with this whole process.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
getgreened2010 is a jewel in the rough getgreened2010 is a jewel in the rough getgreened2010 is a jewel in the rough getgreened2010 is a jewel in the rough
Default Ead

Legally you cannot work after your EAD expires, but you can stay within the country since your 485 is still pending.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare
LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by getgreened2010 View Post
Legally you cannot work after your EAD expires, but you can stay within the country since your 485 is still pending.
I know the fact that we are not allowed legally to work if EAD expires. My question specifically was, should that situation arise, are we protected under 245(K)?

Old 10-20-2010, 01:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmay View Post
I am in the same boat as you are and I would like to know the answer as well. My EAD will expire in another 3 weeks.
My GC priority date has been current from the past 3 months, no sign of approval yet.
And I have applied for AP in August still no sign of it. I am planning to go to India in November for brothers wedding. I am getting very frustrated with this whole process.
Yes, this whole process of renewing has become a nightmare. And for you it must be even more frustrating, since you are current. Maybe they are holding on to issue you a GC.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/07/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of

If you own a home you could make it a case to say you would need to have a job to keep paying mortgage (helps in expediting as financial hardship) and if you are a single income family add that as well.. I did this on my 70th day for expedite and got the expedite approved and got the card as well. Call again and you might get another CSR who would do the Expedite SR.
Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInGCProcess View Post
Yes, this whole process of renewing has become a nightmare. And for you it must be even more frustrating, since you are current. Maybe they are holding on to issue you a GC.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
mailmy_gc is a jewel in the rough mailmy_gc is a jewel in the rough mailmy_gc is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrbest View Post
If you own a home you could make it a case to say you would need to have a job to keep paying mortgage (helps in expediting as financial hardship) and if you are a single income family add that as well.. I did this on my 70th day for expedite and got the expedite approved and got the card as well. Call again and you might get another CSR who would do the Expedite SR.
Good Luck!
Today my expedite request was denied, I have house and 2 kids. Clearly mentioned that I have to pay mortgage and drive the house with 2 kids.

Old 10-20-2010, 04:29 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am not sure what "Protected" means but you are not out of status with out EAD as EAD is not indication of status it is just authorization to work, you are under adjustment of status with your benefit linked to I-485 as long as your I-485 is valid you are good.

Old 01-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GveMyGC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I know this question has been asked many times. My question is: Past the expiry of EAD, are we protected under 245(K) to work at least 180 days??

I am currently on AOS and applied for renewal of EAD and its more than 77 days now, called USCIS and they gave me 16 digit number, but refused to put me on an "expedited case" list. My service center is TSC.

Please share your thoughts on this matter.
Is the 245(k) protection valid after the expiry of ead? employer has no issue.

Old 03-05-2015, 03:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
reddy531 is on a distinguished road
Default Any recent updates

Any more updates on working after EAD expires when another EAD application is pending. Some said you can because your new EAD is going to have a retroactive date of your old EAD expiration date.

Old 03-05-2015, 04:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
superking is on a distinguished road

My wife is in India, Can I file her EAD/AP Combo card? It is experiencing less than 120 days.

Any rule is there When EAD/AP combo card should file when the person is in US?

Thanks in advance.