Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications
Click to log in with Facebook
Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications Track receipt notices, checks and processing delays in 485, EAD and AP petitions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Compare
ngopalak will become famous soon enough
Default AP delayed....travel plans...any ideas?

I had planned to travel in 6 weeks to India. I filed for AP with my husband on Jun 9, 08. He got his AP approved on Aug 27 but mine is still pending.

Have called USCIS and they will not open a service request unless 6 months has elapsed from date of request.

I have tried expediting for financial loss for individual, got back a response saying this is not enough reason.

I do really want to go to attend my brother's wedding. Is there anything else I can do to get my AP?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Compare
ngopalak will become famous soon enough
Default Refiling ...

I am thinking of refiling another AP application and paying the $300 given I need to travel in Dec and am not getting anywhere with an AP application filed in June....

I am beginning to suspect that something wrong happened with my application...How long is it taking now to get APs approved now and do I have a chance of getting it approved by end of November if I file now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngopalak View Post
I had planned to travel in 6 weeks to India. I filed for AP with my husband on Jun 9, 08. He got his AP approved on Aug 27 but mine is still pending.

Have called USCIS and they will not open a service request unless 6 months has elapsed from date of request.

I have tried expediting for financial loss for individual, got back a response saying this is not enough reason.

I do really want to go to attend my brother's wedding. Is there anything else I can do to get my AP?

Old 10-28-2008, 03:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
sprash is a glorious beacon of light sprash is a glorious beacon of light sprash is a glorious beacon of light sprash is a glorious beacon of light sprash is a glorious beacon of light

I had a similar case.... my wife's AP was approved in 2 months while mine sat gathering dust. I filled DHS 7001, said I had a family emergency and needed to travel. They escalated my case in NEBRASKA and I got an RFE saying I had not sent my photos or my pose was incorrect. I HAD sent my photos with the right pose, but obviously they had lost the photos. Anyways after they received the photos they approved my AP on 17th OCT and I received it only yesterday in mail. I had sent a pre-paid self addressed envelope for them to send the documents in so that I get them overnight, but they sent it be ordinary mail. Very aggravating!!!

Old 11-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of
Default Family emergency

My AP was approved in 18 days since it is a family emergency. I stated that same reason in the application. After two weeks, I called and placed service request citing the same reason. It was approved three days later. In many cases, they may ask you to submit substantiating evidence eg. nursing home admission or doctor treatment notice or funeral home letter related to that family emergency before they approve. I was lucky and got it approved. The key is talk in a calm and logical way and explain things clearly to the service center/call center personnel. You will be amazed the way things move if you talk to the right person in the right way. There are few good people (IOs) in USCIS who will listen and work on your request, if you talk the right way.