Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications
Click to log in with Facebook
Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications Track receipt notices, checks and processing delays in 485, EAD and AP petitions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 09:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
ak_manu is just really nice ak_manu is just really nice ak_manu is just really nice ak_manu is just really nice ak_manu is just really nice
Default I485-rfe

I got a 485 RFE today. For my RFE my birth certificate does not contain my mother's name and spouse RFE is her name was not mentioned in her birth certificate.

We just recieved notices and We only have a week to respond and that means we need to post back to USCIS in 3 or 4 days, I want to check with you see what secondary evidences can be produced to address this.

To address my RFE (Mother's name is missing) -
Can I provide my Passport copies that has both my Father and Mother's name? I do not have any other document to show my mother's name.

To address my Spouse RFE (Her name is missing) -
Can I produce her school certificates that show her date of birth? Other document we have is her Passport that has her date of birth listed.

Please advice ASAP what can be done to address this Query well and soon..

Thanks
ak_manu
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
kiran_k02 is a splendid one to behold kiran_k02 is a splendid one to behold kiran_k02 is a splendid one to behold kiran_k02 is a splendid one to behold kiran_k02 is a splendid one to behold kiran_k02 is a splendid one to behold kiran_k02 is a splendid one to behold
Default BC Affidavit

First thing, approach your lawyer about this.

I can help you with what I did for my application. I did not have my Birth Certificate so I submitted affidavits from my mother, father and uncle in India.

Format for this affidavit is located here.

I believe affidavits should suffice but please confirm with your lawyer if you don't have one please pay some money and consult an immigration lawyer. This is pretty serious issue, it affects all your plans.
I140 -- AD -- Jun 02, 07.
AP Renewal -- AD Dec 10, 08.
EAD Renewal -- AD Nov 22nd, 08 valid till 2010.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2009, 05:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/16/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2004
Compare
krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future
Default Basic requirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_manu View Post
I got a 485 RFE today. For my RFE my birth certificate does not contain my mother's name and spouse RFE is her name was not mentioned in her birth certificate.

We just recieved notices and We only have a week to respond and that means we need to post back to USCIS in 3 or 4 days, I want to check with you see what secondary evidences can be produced to address this.

To address my RFE (Mother's name is missing) -
Can I provide my Passport copies that has both my Father and Mother's name? I do not have any other document to show my mother's name.

To address my Spouse RFE (Her name is missing) -
Can I produce her school certificates that show her date of birth? Other document we have is her Passport that has her date of birth listed.

Please advice ASAP what can be done to address this Query well and soon..

Thanks
ak_manu
Did you not read up the checklist for 485 when you were preparing the documentation.
While it is very common to not have last name in one's birth certificate, mother's name totally missing is not common. I hope it can be easily rectified by applying for a certificate from the municipality again

the recourse now is
- a get affidavits from your mother, father, relatives/family friends who can attest your date/time of birth along with your parents information. This is a standard format and it should be done on Rs100 - stamp paper which should be duly notarized in India and registered in the court of law

- apply for an new copy of birth certificate with a request to include your mother's full name and provide evidence of application as well as approved /duplicate issued.

Follow which ever option is quickest.

good luck

- cheers
kris
PD EB2 Jan 2001, 9/11 ,(BEC ,pink slip)
H1 new empl - Dec 02
EB3 RIR, INDIA(Empl mess up)
PD: Sep 2003 , 2nd MS - SE
140 Approval: March 2004
3EADs , 4FPs
3APs, 485 approval -- 07/30/2007
GC in Hand - 08/07/2007