Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications
Click to log in with Facebook
Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications Track receipt notices, checks and processing delays in 485, EAD and AP petitions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any Reason for EAD renewal only for 1 Year

My EAD got renewed today. Surprisingly I got only 1 year extention instead of 2 years.
Is there any reason behind this. My priority date is October, 2004.
I am not even current now or even in coming one year.

Any thoughts please?

Old 05-17-2012, 01:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrinir View Post
My EAD got renewed today. Surprisingly I got only 1 year extention instead of 2 years.

Any thoughts please?
You can call USCIS customer service and raise a Service Request (SR) to find out why they did that or you can take an infopass appointment and go in person. I would prefer the infopass as Level 1 customer service agents are useless.

Total contibution to IV so far: $550.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold

I applied for my wife's EAD and AP by paper filing on 04/17/2012, today (05/18/2012) we received the combo card which is dated 05/12/12 expires 05/11/13. Her EAD card expires on 08/14/2012 - from our point of view we just got a 9 month card.

I called customer service and was told that the officer determines the validity of the card, if he has given it for that period then there is nothing he can do about it. Then he went ahead and asked me if she has a I485 pending, I said yes and he was looks like your Green card will come before your EAD card expires and thats why they issues a 1 year card. I then told him that it would take 17 years to get my green card. After insisting he very reluctantly filed a case and gave me a confirmation no.

Any suggestions what to do. This is very frustrating.

Old 05-19-2012, 03:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
stirfries has a reputation beyond repute stirfries has a reputation beyond repute stirfries has a reputation beyond repute stirfries has a reputation beyond repute stirfries has a reputation beyond repute stirfries has a reputation beyond repute stirfries has a reputation beyond repute stirfries has a reputation beyond repute stirfries has a reputation beyond repute stirfries has a reputation beyond repute stirfries has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsnf View Post
I applied for my wife's EAD and AP by paper filing on 04/17/2012, today (05/18/2012) we received the combo card which is dated 05/12/12 expires 05/11/13. Her EAD card expires on 08/14/2012

Hi bsnf,

Would you kindly share with us, the center where you applied? Was it Nebraska service center? My EAD application renewal was received by Nebraska office on March 15th and since then the status on the USCIS case status shows as 'Initial Review'. The application was a paper filing. Its been almost 65 days now and I am kind of concerned.

Thanks,

Old 05-19-2012, 03:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
stirfries has a reputation beyond repute stirfries has a reputation beyond repute stirfries has a reputation beyond repute stirfries has a reputation beyond repute stirfries has a reputation beyond repute stirfries has a reputation beyond repute stirfries has a reputation beyond repute stirfries has a reputation beyond repute stirfries has a reputation beyond repute stirfries has a reputation beyond repute stirfries has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Any thoughts please?
Hi vsrinir,

Can you kindly share with us, the following info?

1. The center where you applied for EAD renewal.
2. The date of receipt from the service center.

Its been 65 days since I applied and I am trying to understand the processing timeline for the EAD renewal.

thanks,

Old 05-19-2012, 09:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stirfries View Post
Hi bsnf,

Would you kindly share with us, the center where you applied? Was it Nebraska service center? My EAD application renewal was received by Nebraska office on March 15th and since then the status on the USCIS case status shows as 'Initial Review'. The application was a paper filing. Its been almost 65 days now and I am kind of concerned.

Thanks,
We applied to TSC.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute vsrinir has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stirfries View Post
Hi vsrinir,

Can you kindly share with us, the following info?

1. The center where you applied for EAD renewal.
2. The date of receipt from the service center.

Its been 65 days since I applied and I am trying to understand the processing timeline for the EAD renewal.

thanks,
1. Texas center - applied on line
2. March 20th, 2012

Old 05-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
I applied for my wife's EAD and AP by paper filing on 04/17/2012, today (05/18/2012) we received the combo card which is dated 05/12/12 expires 05/11/13. Her EAD card expires on 08/14/2012 - from our point of view we just got a 9 month card.

I called customer service and was told that the officer determines the validity of the card, if he has given it for that period then there is nothing he can do about it. Then he went ahead and asked me if she has a I485 pending, I said yes and he was looks like your Green card will come before your EAD card expires and thats why they issues a 1 year card. I then told him that it would take 17 years to get my green card. After insisting he very reluctantly filed a case and gave me a confirmation no.

Samre thing He said to me , that I will get Green Card with in a year. Then I explained the backlog situation, then he opened a service request and gave me confirmation #

Old 05-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Are you planning to take info pass and visit the local office in addition to opening the service request.

He basically said nothing will happen with the service request, it is totally upto the immigration office on how long he wants to issue the document.

This is ridiculas, he was saying that who ever worked on your case gets to decide for how long he wants to issue the document - I was not aware of this rule.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:39 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Any thoughts please?
Your PD is just 2 years away from the Current PD. Everyone except USCIS knows that it takes another 8 years to get there. So you are issued 1 year EAD.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you planning to take info pass and visit the local office in addition to opening the service request.

He basically said nothing will happen with the service request, it is totally upto the immigration office on how long he wants to issue the document.

This is ridiculous, he was saying that who ever worked on your case gets to decide for how long he wants to issue the document - I was not aware of this rule.
When we applied last year for my son's EAD, he got only one year and I got the same answer in info-pass appointment. The lady said it's all up to them whether to give 1 yr or 2 yr. As we filed our I-485 in the old fee structure we will be spending thousands till we get our green card. I think those IO's don't realize that we are paying for our EAD renewals and it's not free for us which is the case for people who filed their I-485 in new fee structure.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Opened a service request on Friday got this email today. Not sure what it means.
We never got a RFE or biometrics request in our case.

Type of service requested:
-- Administrative Error

The status of this service request is:

Due to the high volume of expedite requests for this case type, we are strictly enforcing the criteria that has been set for these expedite requests. While your situation appears serious, you have not provided evidence of an extreme emergent need.

The four specific categories of the Specifically-Defined Administrative Errors are:
• USCIS issued an adverse decision solely based on a customer’s failure to respond to a Request for Evidence (RFE), Notice of Intent to Deny (NOID), or Notice of Intent to Revoke (NOIR), and there is documentary evidence that the customer responded to the RFE, NOID, or NOIR, and USCIS received the response in a timely fashion.

• USCIS issued an adverse decision solely based on a customer’s failure to respond to an RFE, NOID, or NOIR, and USCIS determines there is evidence in a USCIS system that the RFE, NOID, or NOIR was not sent to the petitioner/applicant or, if there is a valid Form G-28 on record, to the attorney or representative of record.

• USCIS issued an adverse decision solely based on a customer’s failure to appear at a biometrics appointment or failure to respond to an RFE, NOID, or NOIR, and USCIS determines there is evidence that the customer properly submitted a change of address prior to the issuance of the RFE, NOID, NOIR, or biometric appointment notice; however USCIS sent the RFE, NOID, NOIR, or biometric appointment notice to a previous or improper address.

• USCIS issued an adverse decision solely based on a customer’s failure to appear at a biometrics appointment, and there is documentary evidence that the customer attended the appointment or made a valid, timely request that it be rescheduled.

XM0210

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please remember: By law, every person who is not a U.S. citizen and who is over the age of 14 must submit Form AR-11 AND notify this office of their change of address, within 10 days from when they move (persons in "A" or "G" nonimmigrant status are exempt from this requirement). To notify this office of a move, visit our website at: USCIS Home Page or call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. The Form AR-11 can be downloaded from our website or you can call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 and we can order one for you. Instructions for filing the Form AR-11, including mailing instructions, are included on the Form.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Old 05-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute
Default AP validity on combined EAD/AP card

Does AP expires same date as EAD or AP has a different validity on the combined card? I doubt this may be reason for issuing 1 year EAD/AP. It is not clear to me if AP can be issued for years like EAD.

Quote:

Contributed $50 for HR3012 campaign in Feb 2012.
Contributed $50 for April 2011 Advocacy day event.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcbikari View Post
Does AP expires same date as EAD or AP has a different validity on the combined card? I doubt this may be reason for issuing 1 year EAD/AP. It is not clear to me if AP can be issued for years like EAD.
USCIS to Issue Employment Authorization and Advance Parole Card for Adjustment of Status Applicants

Feb. 11, 2011

WASHINGTON—U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) today announced that it is now issuing employment and travel authorization on a single card for certain applicants filing an Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Form I-485. This new card represents a significant improvement from the current practice of issuing paper Advance Parole documents.

The card looks similar to the current Employment Authorization Document (EAD) but will include text that reads, “Serves as I-512 Advance Parole.” A card with this text will serve as both an employment authorization and Advance Parole document. The new card is also more secure and more durable than the current paper Advance Parole document.

An applicant may receive this card when he or she files an Application for Employment Authorization, Form I-765, and an Application for Travel Document, Form I-131, concurrently with or after filing Form I-485. USCIS will continue to issue separate EAD and Advance Parole documents as warranted. Employers may accept the new card as a List A document when completing the Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.

As with the current Advance Parole document, obtaining a combined Advance Parole and employment authorization card allows an applicant for adjustment of status to travel abroad and return to the U.S. without abandoning the pending adjustment application. Upon returning to the U.S., the individual who travels with the card must present the card to request parole through the port-of-entry. The decision to parole the individual is made at the port-of-entry. Individuals who have been unlawfully present in the U.S. and subsequently depart and seek re-entry through a grant of parole may be inadmissible and ineligible to adjust their status.

For more information about the EAD and Advance Parole card, see the related Questions and Answers. For more information on USCIS and its programs, visit USCIS Home Page.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Murthy's take on it MurthyDotCom : USCIS Combines EAD and AP Card Since 11.Feb.2011

Hope this helps!!!

EB3 India - PD Dec 2003; I-140 AD Mar 2006; I-485 RD Jul 2007; FP done on 09/24/2007
Attended September 18th 2007 DC Rally
Made $300 contribution until now

Old 05-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcbikari View Post
AP expired in Feb, EAD expires in Aug.