Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications
Click to log in with Facebook
Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications Track receipt notices, checks and processing delays in 485, EAD and AP petitions.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 03:04 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc007 View Post
I have my AP that expires on Sept 15th. I am travelling for 2 weeks in August. Can I apply for my new AP now or is it best to apply the next AP after my return?
I read somewhere that an AP approved when the person is out of Country is not Valid. Is it true? Please suggest
Thanks,
It is ok if you are out of the country when the AP is approved. You have to be in the country when application.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 08-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
eb3_waiter is on a distinguished road
Default waiting for more than 124 days - 5th renewal

I applied my AP for renewal on 03/31. I requested for expedite processing on 07/12 received RFE for photos on 07/26 and replied on 07/27 and received by nebraska office on 07/30. I am still waiting . Very frustrated.

Old 08-26-2012, 03:08 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
svn has a brilliant future svn has a brilliant future svn has a brilliant future svn has a brilliant future svn has a brilliant future svn has a brilliant future svn has a brilliant future svn has a brilliant future svn has a brilliant future svn has a brilliant future svn has a brilliant future

Any updates from those who posted earlier on this thread? I e-filed for AP jointly with EAD to TSC but only received EAD approval. Still waiting on AP and have travel plans coming up - so worried and trying to figure out best course of action, based on earlier recommendations on this thread.

Here since Jun '98
Applied in Dec '02

GO IV, GO!

Old 08-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
eb3_waiter is on a distinguished road
Default received AP after 130 days

received it 2 weeks back after 130 days since filing. Its been 30 days since i applied for expedite request.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
Pria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by svn View Post
Any updates from those who posted earlier on this thread? I e-filed for AP jointly with EAD to TSC but only received EAD approval. Still waiting on AP and have travel plans coming up - so worried and trying to figure out best course of action, based on earlier recommendations on this thread.
My advise to you would be to leave no stone un-turned. If you're approaching the 90 day period and the online status is still in initial review it's time to take an info-pass appointment and meet up with the officer with your travel tickets.

It also does not hurt to Fax your documents along with your tickets and a letter indicating your concern and anxiety for the approaching travel plan (to the center where you applied for your AP). If you still don't see any progress contact your local congressman (they are usually very helpful) and / or the Ombudsman (e-mail address given on USCIS website).

I know it may feel overwhelming to do all this, but depending on the urgency of your travel plan these are your available options. Collectively these steps do help.

Good Luck!
Pria

Old 08-28-2012, 01:01 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute

Pria, please also respond to the march thread and help us make it a success. We need you now most than even in volunteering, doing media outreach and stuff like that. Please help and continue being active.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
Pria is on a distinguished road

The October 2012 Visa Bulletin is truly devastating! Instead of receiving the PR card, now I have to apply for my EAD renewal!!
Can anyone tell if I can travel while my EAD is filed for renewal? I do have a valid AP and my husband is the Primary applicant - H1B visa holder.
-Pria

Old 09-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
svn has a brilliant future svn has a brilliant future svn has a brilliant future svn has a brilliant future svn has a brilliant future svn has a brilliant future svn has a brilliant future svn has a brilliant future svn has a brilliant future svn has a brilliant future svn has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pria View Post
The October 2012 Visa Bulletin is truly devastating! Instead of receiving the PR card, now I have to apply for my EAD renewal!!
Can anyone tell if I can travel while my EAD is filed for renewal? I do have a valid AP and my husband is the Primary applicant - H1B visa holder.
-Pria
Sorry to hear the turn of events in your case, Pria - definitely understand your disappointment! If you do have a valid visa (like a H4-H1), you do not even need an AP to reenter. You can use the visa itself for that.

On the other hand, if you do not have a valid visa, you actually need a valid EAD to continue to maintain status within the USA, even if you are not considering travel. The good news is, having recently applied for both EAD and AP and kept track of approval times, I can tell you that EAD is getting approved as early 40-45 days from date of application (it did take me longer for the AP, but I received that within 75 days as well). Good Luck!

Here since Jun '98
Applied in Dec '02

GO IV, GO!

Old 09-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2004
Compare
GC_EternalJourney has a brilliant future GC_EternalJourney has a brilliant future GC_EternalJourney has a brilliant future GC_EternalJourney has a brilliant future GC_EternalJourney has a brilliant future GC_EternalJourney has a brilliant future GC_EternalJourney has a brilliant future GC_EternalJourney has a brilliant future GC_EternalJourney has a brilliant future GC_EternalJourney has a brilliant future GC_EternalJourney has a brilliant future

Can anyone tell if I can travel while my EAD is filed for renewal?

I'm not sure if the EAD has anything to do with the travel as we require AP and not EAD for travel. I'm not sure if the immigration can ask for EAD along with the AP at the time of reentry into USA.

I remember one occasion where my wife traveled to India on AP when her EAD is applied for renewal. She had no issues at the port of entry.

HTH
GCN

Closed Thread