Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications
Click to log in with Facebook
Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications Track receipt notices, checks and processing delays in 485, EAD and AP petitions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2014, 01:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/18/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
ssinha63 is on a distinguished road
Default No RFE yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaxena View Post
----------------------------------------

Did you get a RFE?
Nope. No RFE yet.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2014, 02:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/18/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
ssinha63 is on a distinguished road
Default Evl

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_sp View Post
Hello Sunx_2004, here's the text from my RFE. I hope this helps. Good luck to you and others in the same boat.
I) You must submit an updated and properly completed Form G-325A, Biographic Information Sheet for
yourself. Your original signature is required on the Form G-325A. Photocopied signatures are not acceptable.
Blank immigration forms and information are available online from the official Service website:
Homepage | USCIS. You may also order immigration forms by phone at 1-800-870-3676.

2) Form 1-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, is normally valid for a period of one
year from the date it is signed by a designated civil surgeon. Current USCIS policy provides that, in certain
cases, a Form 1-693 that exceeds this validity period is acceptable. This policy, however, \vill expire on May 3 L
2014. See USC[S Policy Manual, Volume 8, Part B, Chapter 4(C)(4).
The Form 1-693 that you submitted in support of your Form 1-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence
or Adjust Status, is no longer valid or is about to exceed its validity period. Please submit a new Form 1-693
completed by a designated civil surgeon to this office together with a copy of this notice. Including a copy of
this notice with your Form 1-693 will facilitate matching the medical report with your file.
This office will not be able to take further action on your case until all required documentation has been
received, including a new medical report, and a visa number has become available to you, as determined by the
U.S. Department of State. USCIS periodically reviews pending adjustment applications in anticipation of visa numbers becoming available and to address medieals. security checks or other required items subject to expiration.
The Form 1-693 Illust be a current version completed by a designated civil surgeon A list of civil surgeons in
your area is available online at Homepage | USCIS or by phone at 1-800-375-5283. Blank forms and information
about medical examinations are also available at Homepage | USCIS or by phone at 1-800-870-3676.
Tuberculosis screening requirement: The civil surgeon must indicate the results of a tuberculin skin test (TST)
or an Interferon Gamma Release Assay (lGRA) on Form 1-693 for any applicant who is two years of age or
older. A Form 1-693 without TST or IGRA results is not acccptable. Additionally, a chest x-ray alone, without
the required TST or IGRA results, is not sufficient. The TST or IGRA may be waived only if medically
contraindicated.
IMPORTANT WARNING: Only a designated civil surgeon authorized by USCIS is qualit~cd to complete the Form [-693. The civil surgeon must sign and date the Form 1-693. Signatures by a nurse or physician's assistant are not acceptable. You must also sign and date the Fonn 1-693 "vhen instructed to do so by the civil surgeon. When appropriately completed and signed, the ORIGINAL Form 1-693 must be scaled in a separate envelope by thc civil surgeon. The sealed envelope must be returned, unopened, to this office with any other requested evidence.

3) On January 1 L 2011, USCIS issued a Policy Memorandum directing Service Centers processing certain visaretrogressed applications for adjustment of status to request additional information prior to a final decision. This policy is reflected in Chapter 23.S(f)(4) of the Adjudicator's Field Manual (AFM). Specifically, review of your application shows that:

You are an Employment-Based Principal Applicant

An immigrant visa is not immediately available, and

A valid job offer may be required for your adjustment.
First, please submit proof ofyour continuous employment authorization in the U.S. from the date you filed your Form I\-485 to the present. Such evidence may include copies of:
Employment Authorization Documents (EADs, Forms 1-688 or 1-766) granted to you by USUS
Form 1-797 approval notices, showing you were granted status in an employment-authorized nonimmigrant classification, or
Copies of Form 1-94 Arrival/Departure Records showing you were admittcd to the U.S. in an employment-authorized nonimmigrant status.

Second, you must submit a currently dated letter from your petitioning (Form 1-140) employer, verifying that their job offer to you continues to exist. If their job offer no longer exists or you no longcr intend to work for the original 1-140 employer, you may be eligible to adjust pursuant to visa portability under section 204(j) of the Immigration and Nationality Act if:

Your Form 1-485 application has been pending for 180 days or more. AND

Your new intended permanent employment is in the same or similar occupational classification as the
original Form 1-140 job.
Note that the currentjob offer lettcr from your original or new employcr must state the title and duties ofthc offered position, the minimum educational or training requirements, the date you began (or will begin) employment and the offered salary or wage. This letter should be on company letterhead and signed, in the original, by a person authorized by the organization to make or confirm an offer of permanent employment.
Failure to submit a response is grounds for the denial ofyour application. A response is required regardless of whether an immigrant visa is currently available to you. Your case must remain pending until a visa becomes available to you as per the U.S. Department of State's monthly Visa Bulletin, available online at travel.state.gov under "visas." Even though you have 87 days to respond to this Request for Evidence, the sooner you respond the sooner USCIS may be able to finalize your case if and when a visa becomes immediately available to you.
Hello amit_sp,

Thank you very much for posting the details of RFE.

Hello All,

Are we supposed to provide Employment Verification letters(EVL) from all previous employers, if one changes employer twice or more under AC-21.?

Thanks!
ssinha63

Old 06-18-2014, 05:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/21/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute

Per the RFE text, you only need the letter from the current employer (which avoids the confusion too).

Old 06-18-2014, 05:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute

I got RFE on April 22nd. responded to it on May 12th. But no status change yet. Is this cause for concern. I know my dates are not current. Just checking.

Old 06-18-2014, 05:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
smbaps is on a distinguished road
Default RFE on I-485

I also got RFE on Apr 17 th and responded with all the documents on May 19th. So far no status update on my case. Just for curiosity, I called customer service, got to level 2 and person mentioned that the response has been received on May 19th and currently under review.

My PD will be current on July 01st.

smbaps

Old 06-18-2014, 07:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ormunda is on a distinguished road

My priority date - December 23, 2003.
Received RFE from TSC - April 19, 2014.
USCIS received RFE response as per USPS tracking - May 20, 2014.

No status updates till date for my case. Haven't called USCIS to confirm regarding the status updates. Since priority date is not current yet, USCIS may/may not update these cases. Looking at the trend, it seems online status is not getting updated.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
IndiaEB32003 has a reputation beyond repute IndiaEB32003 has a reputation beyond repute IndiaEB32003 has a reputation beyond repute IndiaEB32003 has a reputation beyond repute IndiaEB32003 has a reputation beyond repute IndiaEB32003 has a reputation beyond repute IndiaEB32003 has a reputation beyond repute IndiaEB32003 has a reputation beyond repute IndiaEB32003 has a reputation beyond repute IndiaEB32003 has a reputation beyond repute IndiaEB32003 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RFE status

I shared my experience yesterday but since there are many posts concerning no change to the status, just sharing it again.

My RFE response reached TSC on 5/12. My PD is current since last month.
There is no change to the status but we inquired about it, USCIS confirmed that they have received response and wait 30 days or so.
After 32 days, my status is changed directly to card production.

I understand that each case is different but based on my experience, do not worry too much about status change from RFE, give them 5 weeks or so and if your PD is current, reach USCIS.
Also as suggested by others here, you can ask about RFE status even though your PD is not current, by reaching level 2 officer. Taking local congress office help in finding the status is another option.

All the best.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute
Default RFE status updated on 6/11

My RFE date was 4/24, response mailed by attorney office to TSC on 6/6 and on 6/11 case status changed to RFE Response Review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ormunda View Post

No status updates till date for my case. Haven't called USCIS to confirm regarding the status updates. Since priority date is not current yet, USCIS may/may not update these cases. Looking at the trend, it seems online status is not getting updated.
Contributed $50 for HR3012 campaign in Feb 2012.
Contributed $50 for April 2011 Advocacy day event.

Old 06-19-2014, 12:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts
Default thanks

Thanks amit_sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_sp View Post
Hello Sunx_2004, here's the text from my RFE. I hope this helps. Good luck to you and others in the same boat.
I) You must submit an updated and properly completed Form G-325A, Biographic Information Sheet for
yourself. Your original signature is required on the Form G-325A. Photocopied signatures are not acceptable.
Blank immigration forms and information are available online from the official Service website:
Homepage | USCIS. You may also order immigration forms by phone at 1-800-870-3676.

2) Form 1-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, is normally valid for a period of one
year from the date it is signed by a designated civil surgeon. Current USCIS policy provides that, in certain
cases, a Form 1-693 that exceeds this validity period is acceptable. This policy, however, \vill expire on May 3 L
2014. See USC[S Policy Manual, Volume 8, Part B, Chapter 4(C)(4).
The Form 1-693 that you submitted in support of your Form 1-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence
or Adjust Status, is no longer valid or is about to exceed its validity period. Please submit a new Form 1-693
completed by a designated civil surgeon to this office together with a copy of this notice. Including a copy of
this notice with your Form 1-693 will facilitate matching the medical report with your file.
This office will not be able to take further action on your case until all required documentation has been
received, including a new medical report, and a visa number has become available to you, as determined by the
U.S. Department of State. USCIS periodically reviews pending adjustment applications in anticipation of visa numbers becoming available and to address medieals. security checks or other required items subject to expiration.
The Form 1-693 Illust be a current version completed by a designated civil surgeon A list of civil surgeons in
your area is available online at Homepage | USCIS or by phone at 1-800-375-5283. Blank forms and information
about medical examinations are also available at Homepage | USCIS or by phone at 1-800-870-3676.
Tuberculosis screening requirement: The civil surgeon must indicate the results of a tuberculin skin test (TST)
or an Interferon Gamma Release Assay (lGRA) on Form 1-693 for any applicant who is two years of age or
older. A Form 1-693 without TST or IGRA results is not acccptable. Additionally, a chest x-ray alone, without
the required TST or IGRA results, is not sufficient. The TST or IGRA may be waived only if medically
contraindicated.
IMPORTANT WARNING: Only a designated civil surgeon authorized by USCIS is qualit~cd to complete the Form [-693. The civil surgeon must sign and date the Form 1-693. Signatures by a nurse or physician's assistant are not acceptable. You must also sign and date the Fonn 1-693 "vhen instructed to do so by the civil surgeon. When appropriately completed and signed, the ORIGINAL Form 1-693 must be scaled in a separate envelope by thc civil surgeon. The sealed envelope must be returned, unopened, to this office with any other requested evidence.

3) On January 1 L 2011, USCIS issued a Policy Memorandum directing Service Centers processing certain visaretrogressed applications for adjustment of status to request additional information prior to a final decision. This policy is reflected in Chapter 23.S(f)(4) of the Adjudicator's Field Manual (AFM). Specifically, review of your application shows that:

You are an Employment-Based Principal Applicant

An immigrant visa is not immediately available, and

A valid job offer may be required for your adjustment.
First, please submit proof ofyour continuous employment authorization in the U.S. from the date you filed your Form I\-485 to the present. Such evidence may include copies of:
Employment Authorization Documents (EADs, Forms 1-688 or 1-766) granted to you by USUS
Form 1-797 approval notices, showing you were granted status in an employment-authorized nonimmigrant classification, or
Copies of Form 1-94 Arrival/Departure Records showing you were admittcd to the U.S. in an employment-authorized nonimmigrant status.

Second, you must submit a currently dated letter from your petitioning (Form 1-140) employer, verifying that their job offer to you continues to exist. If their job offer no longer exists or you no longcr intend to work for the original 1-140 employer, you may be eligible to adjust pursuant to visa portability under section 204(j) of the Immigration and Nationality Act if:

Your Form 1-485 application has been pending for 180 days or more. AND

Your new intended permanent employment is in the same or similar occupational classification as the
original Form 1-140 job.
Note that the currentjob offer lettcr from your original or new employcr must state the title and duties ofthc offered position, the minimum educational or training requirements, the date you began (or will begin) employment and the offered salary or wage. This letter should be on company letterhead and signed, in the original, by a person authorized by the organization to make or confirm an offer of permanent employment.
Failure to submit a response is grounds for the denial ofyour application. A response is required regardless of whether an immigrant visa is currently available to you. Your case must remain pending until a visa becomes available to you as per the U.S. Department of State's monthly Visa Bulletin, available online at travel.state.gov under "visas." Even though you have 87 days to respond to this Request for Evidence, the sooner you respond the sooner USCIS may be able to finalize your case if and when a visa becomes immediately available to you.

Old 06-26-2014, 07:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gckahaanhai has a reputation beyond repute gckahaanhai has a reputation beyond repute gckahaanhai has a reputation beyond repute gckahaanhai has a reputation beyond repute gckahaanhai has a reputation beyond repute gckahaanhai has a reputation beyond repute gckahaanhai has a reputation beyond repute gckahaanhai has a reputation beyond repute gckahaanhai has a reputation beyond repute gckahaanhai has a reputation beyond repute gckahaanhai has a reputation beyond repute
Default Update?

Ormunda,

My RFE response was 5/28...getting close to 30 days...just wondering if by any chance you got an update on your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ormunda View Post

Old 06-27-2014, 12:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gckahaanhai View Post
Ormunda,

My RFE response was 5/28...getting close to 30 days...just wondering if by any chance you got an update on your response.
No change in online status till date. Online status is still the same as it was before my RFE response. However, i did had an conversation with USCIS L2 officer today. My intent was just to find out if USCIS have infact received my RFE response. L2 officer confirmed that yes the response was received by looking at their internal tracking system. I'm really not concerned about online status update as i understand USCIS has ton of pending cases to go through, generate RFE's and review the RFE responses..Their priority may be to complete these activities in a timely fashion rather than update the online status. I would say don't loose sleep on online status update. Best Wishes..

Old 06-27-2014, 05:45 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
chansek is on a distinguished road
Default No RFE

Hi All,

My priority date is Nov 2003 EB3 - I and not current in July Bulletin. Hope it will be current in August Bulletin.

So far i didn't receive any RFE regarding Medical, I am just curious, Are there any in the same boat??

Thanks,

Old 07-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/21/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Finally for

All:
I finally received the golden update today morning. Thanks to IV and all the forum participants for their help/knowledge-share. All the best to people who are current and would become current. I will continue to visit/support IV in every possible way.

Here's my journey.
- Entered USA on H1B in April 1999
- Filed EB-3 India labor on Oct 29th, 2003 from NY
- Labor got cleared in Nov 2006 via Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center
- I-140 filed via regular processing in Nov 2006
- I-140 refiled / approved via premium processing in Jan 2007 (Laywer realized that I was past 6 years of H1 and worked with my employer directly to re-file)
- I-485 filed in July 2007
- RFE received (needed all I-94 records) / responded in April 2009
- Switched job 1st time in Sept 2010, didn't file AC21
- Tried upgrade to EB2 via new employer, but company wasn't ready to refile due to its policies.
- Switched job 2nd time in Oct 2013, didn't file AC21
- Received RFE (EVL, G-25, I-693) in May 2013
- Responded to RFE in mid-June 2013, this time filed AC21 on my own
- Wife's case status was updated but mine wasn't even though both packages were delivered the same time
- Received approval emails for both me/my wife on 07/02
- Now awaiting for the cards to arrive

Old 07-02-2014, 03:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Congrats amit_sp to you and your family. Best Wishes..

Old 07-03-2014, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Amit!
202-386-6250
ivcoordinator@gmail.com
Money with active participation is far more powerful - please join your state chapters and meet with your lawmakers.