Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications
Click to log in with Facebook
Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications Track receipt notices, checks and processing delays in 485, EAD and AP petitions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2015, 12:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
willworkforgc is on a distinguished road
Default EAD expired and renewal still not approved

Hi -
My current EAD expired a few days back and renewal has not yet been approved. I was told that the attorney can do an official inquiry 75 days after filing.

Wanted to find what else can we do to expedite the processs? What does this official inquiry after 75 days really achieve?

Thanks,
M
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2015, 02:17 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by willworkforgc View Post
Hi -
My current EAD expired a few days back and renewal has not yet been approved. I was told that the attorney can do an official inquiry 75 days after filing.

Wanted to find what else can we do to expedite the processs? What does this official inquiry after 75 days really achieve?

Thanks,
M
If more than 90 days have passed then you can take an appointment with the local USCIS office at https://infopass.uscis.gov/

When taking appointment select the reason as 'Speak with immigration officer'.

Then take all your documents and the receipt notice of I-765 application with you. Them that my employer is having hardship and you cannot work without EAD. Ask them to issue EAD card immediately. They can do that during the appointment.

EAD AP Renewals - Immigration Wiki

Old 01-02-2015, 04:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Thanks for the reply !

So between day 75 and 90, nothing else can be done?

Old 01-02-2015, 05:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Also I've heard/read that we can contact our local congressman or senator to check with USCIS and a lot of times the approval happens quickly. However, my attorney said that if you do that it sort of resets your file and goes to end of the line.

Just wondering if anyone has done it and if so at what point of time in the whole process.

Thanks,

Old 01-06-2015, 10:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute neel_gump has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by willworkforgc View Post
Hi -

Thanks,
M
Please check below thread for more info
EAD -April 2014 applicants - Page 3 - Immigration Voice (EAD -April 2014 applicants)

Typical Expedite request after 75 days.
These were the instructions given by someone in this forum. I added my own experiences. These are EAD. But same applies for AP as well.

1. Call this number 1-800-375-5283
2. Select option # 2 - "Check status for a petition that you have already filed"
3. Select option # 1 - "You know the receipt number"
4. Enter your receipt number
5. Select 1 to confirm that you have entered correct receipt number.
6. Hear the same status as you see on the website
7. Select option # 3 - "Report a problem with your case"
8. Select option # 6 - "If you want to Expedite your case"
9. Enter 1 to confirm above after a lengthy message.

First they will say the reason you did not get your EAD is your biometrics were not done. Tell them that last couple of renewals did not require biometrics then why now. Still they will insist and just say 'yes' and they'll give you a Confirmation Number. I tired to avoid the Biometrics but she wouldn't budge. Good luck with that.

But then make sure you tell them repeatedly that you want to open a Service Request to 'EXPEDITE' your case because it is pending for more than 75 days(if that is the case). They'll ask you to select one of the following options as a reason to expedite. Select the first one 'Severe financial loss to company or individual'
* Severe financial loss to company or individual
* Extreme emergent situation
* Humanitarian situation
* Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States
* Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government)
* USCIS error
* Compelling interest of USCIS

Also tell them you'll lose the job if you don't get the EAD on time. Tell them you'll lose the Health Benefits and Driver License too. Then they'll give you a confirmation number.

Expedite Process can be initiated after 75days only.

In addition to 1-800# you can also fax or email

Fax Expedite request Letter to NSC
Email to cisombudsman.publicaffairs@dhs.gov to expedite EAD.

Fax # for NSC :

402-219-6171
402-219-6344.

Sample letter

Date

Subject: REQUEST TO PLEASE EXPEDITE EAD APPLICATION PROCESSING DUE TO RISK OF EMPLOYMENT TERMINATION BY XXXXXXXXX And LOSS OF HEALTH INSURANCE.

From
XXXXX

To,

USCIS Nebraska Service Center
EAD Department
P.O. BOX 87373
Lincoln, NE 68501- 7373

This is in regards to my EAD renewal application was filed on XXXXX and has been pending adjudication ever since. My current EAD expires on XXXXX. I have been notified by my employer XXXXXX HR that if I fail to provide EAD card on or before XXXXXX then I will be taken off the payroll and my employment might be terminated. This will put me in highest financial risk and My Health Insurancewill be at Risk.

I kindly request you to PLEASE EXPEDITE processing of my EAD and ensure that I receive it before XXXXXXXX on Financial and Humanitarian basis. I really appreciate the understanding the co-operation in this matter. I admit that I did not plan to apply for EAD well in advance before my current EAD expiration. I will ensure that I do so in the future. Thanks again for your understanding in this matter.

I-765 RECEIPT #: XXXXXXX

If there are any questions or concerns, I can be reached at
E-mail: XXXX
Phone: XXXXX

Yours Truly,
XXXXXX

EB3 India - PD Dec 2003; I-140 AD Mar 2006; I-485 RD Jul 2007; FP done on 09/24/2007
Attended September 18th 2007 DC Rally
Made $300 contribution until now

Old 01-23-2015, 12:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Spoke to an USCIS agent and they said in order to use the 'Severe financial loss to individual' reason for expedite, I need to give them proof that I can lose my job. She said I would need some kind of letter from my employer and I don't think I can get such a letter.

How have other's used this successfully?

Thanks,

Old 01-23-2015, 01:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
rrb5 is on a distinguished road
Default EAD expired and renewal still not approved

You are not authorized to work if you are working using your EAD, unless your H1B is still active and you are using that. I had the same situation late last year. I put in an expedite request (on 76th day) and wrote a letter indicating that my license was expiring along with my EAD, I will not be eligibile to drive my child to school (kindergarten - so have to drive one way), or be authorized to work and being the only earning member will have no source of income resulting in severe financial difficulty. I did not want to risk asking for a letter from my employer to that effect, but I did take unpaid leave for two weeks while my EAD was still not approved and in my hand. In all honesty I dont know if the expedite request worked, but based on some exchanges on this forum it looked like it might have. No harm in trying.

Good Luck,
Ravi

Old 06-04-2015, 07:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shawn123 is on a distinguished road

Hello,
Can you please shed light on how you handled loss of play with your employer? I am entering similar situation. I have only 20 days until EAD expires. Dont know if I should expedite. If I wait till the 75 day mark, i iwll havonly 4 days until expiry. I filed 79 days in advance/

Stressed

Old 06-04-2015, 07:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Will expediting before the 75 day mark hurt your chanves of smooth processsing if the application is denied>

Old 06-04-2015, 08:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/20/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/21/2012
Compare
laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute

Whether its an expedited request or going through the senator, it can be done only after 75 days. Even if you send a letter to senator, they will wait for 75 days.

I had the same position in Mar this year, I was able to created expedited request only on 76th day. Senator also started the initiatives only on 76th day.

For my wife, since HR is a nice guy, we got the letter in the following format. But we didn't send it to USCIS as the EAD was approved on the same day letter issued.

XXXXX is working with us as XXXX. She is a very critical team member of “XXXXX”, one of our flagship product. Currently she is drawing a salary of XXXXX per annum.
As per EAD issued by USCIS, her current EAD is valid up to XXXX. As an immigration law compliant organization, we need her to present us a renewed EAD before XXXX.
In the event if she was not able to submit the renewed EAD, she cannot continue to work.
Request you to approve her EAD and Advance Parole at the earliest.
Should you require any information or assistance in this regard, feel free to contact me.

Thanks
Laddu

Old 06-04-2015, 09:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/20/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/21/2012
Compare
laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute

As far what you have to do in this situation, blindly follow the steps mentioned in the ead renewal WIKI posted by someone above.

Thats what I did.

Old 06-04-2015, 09:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Thank you for your advice. I guess I will just wait and ride our the 15 days and hope something goes through at TSC

Have you guys seen any update on the approval rate and processing times at TSC??

It just feels like helpless that I have two more weeks and I cannot do anything but wait

Old 06-08-2015, 02:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sharktank is on a distinguished road
Default Same boat here

My EAD expired on June 6th, I expedited June 2nd, waiting for further reply. USCIS received my application on March 30th 2015

Old 06-09-2015, 12:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

How many days prior to expiry did you file the EAD? Did you try expediting at the 60day mark?
Did you hear back from USCIS for documents requesting need for expedite? or do they not do that after the 75 day mar? Did you try the congressman/senator approach?
Please keep us posted.

Old 06-12-2015, 04:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sharktank is on a distinguished road

Filed March 20th
USCIS received supporting document March 30th
Requested expedited processing on June3rd
EAD expired June 7th
No progress on expedited processing
Contacted Senator office.They checked and it is on hold. No one knows why.
Luckily I am between Jobs, but has an offer coming soon and will need it by then.