Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications
Click to log in with Facebook
Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications Track receipt notices, checks and processing delays in 485, EAD and AP petitions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advance Parole and Transit Visa in London

Did anyone travel via London to US on Advance Parole (no visa). We have Advance Parole and EAD. I know on visa, we dont need a transit visa.

This whole transit visa is a gray area. I have not seen anyone take a transit visa to UK so far.

We are planning to coming from India to US via British Airways.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kitta is on a distinguished road
Default UK Transit Visa

Do you have any information on this problem? I have the same situation. Please let me know. Thanks.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2007
Compare
foobar2001 has much to be proud of foobar2001 has much to be proud of foobar2001 has much to be proud of foobar2001 has much to be proud of foobar2001 has much to be proud of foobar2001 has much to be proud of foobar2001 has much to be proud of foobar2001 has much to be proud of foobar2001 has much to be proud of foobar2001 has much to be proud of
Default BA from Seattle to Blr

my brother/sister in law travelling in dec 2011 from Seattle to Blr were turned back at seattle airport since they only had AP and no transit visa - they were travelling british airways and the airline folks at SEA refused to check them in due to lack of transit visa. They finally went the next day via lufthansa/frankfurt (with no transit visa).

Hope this helps.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Transit visa a great source of income for European and UK - so avoid them if you can

Since Emirates started service from Houston, I have stopped travelling through the airlines (Lufthansa, Air France, British Airways, etc...) where you need a transit visa, why spend couple more $100s if you can travel via Dubai with no visa required and a much better customer service, good food too...

Old 06-08-2012, 12:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
fall1998 is a splendid one to behold fall1998 is a splendid one to behold fall1998 is a splendid one to behold fall1998 is a splendid one to behold fall1998 is a splendid one to behold fall1998 is a splendid one to behold fall1998 is a splendid one to behold fall1998 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_desi_gc View Post
This whole transit visa is a gray area.
It is not a gray area, it is absolutely clear if you hold an Indian Passport: You DO need a transit visa.

Check this UK border agency website:

UK Border Agency | Travelling through the Common Travel Area

Copy / paste (with emphasis) of relevant section for your quick perusal:

A valid US immigrant visa packet (form 155A/155B) is a 'valid visa' for these purposes, but the following documents are not valid for the DATV exemption:

an I-512 parole letter or an I-797C (notice of action) instead of a valid US visa.
a transportation letter instead of a valid US permanent resident card issued on or after 21 April 1998;
a valid travel document with a US 'ADIT' stamp saying - 'Processed for I-551. TEMPORARY EVIDENCE OF LAWFUL ADMISSION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE VALID UNTIL [date]. EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZED'; and
a US visa foil endorsed, "NOT A VISA. FOIL PREPARED AT DHS REQUEST".

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_desi_gc View Post
I have not seen anyone take a transit visa to UK so far..
Really? Did you actually do a survey for this? How many people / different nationals were interviewed?

Please don't put yourself / your family through the ordeal of returned from airport in India (or worse returned from LHR).

Best Wishes!

Old 06-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
fall1998 is a splendid one to behold fall1998 is a splendid one to behold fall1998 is a splendid one to behold fall1998 is a splendid one to behold fall1998 is a splendid one to behold fall1998 is a splendid one to behold fall1998 is a splendid one to behold fall1998 is a splendid one to behold

Forgot to mention:

Click on:

'Transit without visa' concession Close

on UK Border Agency website (it is where the excerpt in my previous post is from).

Old 06-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanhari View Post
Since Emirates started service from Houston, I have stopped travelling through the airlines (Lufthansa, Air France, British Airways, etc...) where you need a transit visa, why spend couple more $100s if you can travel via Dubai with no visa required and a much better customer service, good food too...
It's ridiculous to get a transit visa when you are just going to change flights. I will as a principle not book through these flights. It's demeaning.