Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > AC21 Portability after 180 days of 485 filing
Click to log in with Facebook
AC21 Portability after 180 days of 485 filing AC21 Portability after 180 days of 485 filing. Changing employers without affecting green card process.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2007, 04:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/28/2005
Compare
karsat is on a distinguished road
Default Documents Required for AC21

Can someone please post all the documents required for filing AC21 ?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts
Default no document required

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsat View Post
Can someone please post all the documents required for filing AC21 ?
You don't need any document to invoke AC21, if you are on H1b, do the H1b transfer based on I-485 receipt and if you are using EAD, just go and join other company.

You will receive RFE, at that time you need to show that you have paystub,experience letter etc and you have used AC21(180 days pending).

Old 10-18-2007, 05:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future
Default Creating New Thread

Hi,

Can someone please tell me how do I create a thread for new posting.
Searched for New Thread ut didn't find any.

Thanks.

Old 10-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2008
Compare
2ndJuly can only hope to improve

My employer is not giving me copy of Labour certificate. I know all numbers. Do I need a copy of AC21

Old 10-18-2007, 06:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kishdam is a jewel in the rough kishdam is a jewel in the rough kishdam is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndJuly View Post
My employer is not giving me copy of Labour certificate. I know all numbers. Do I need a copy of AC21
I'm not an expert but thru these forums got the understanding that you dont need a copy of labor cert (if you have its even better). Most employers dont share that anyway - except maybe the desi consulting companies (we may not like them but sometimes for GC purposes I feel that they are ideal companies - atleast they understand what we are talking about).

Regarding I140 - I am not sure but saw conficting opinions - some thought its OK even without a copy of this one too but some suggested its better to get one. In any case having the case numbers would help I guess.

Is I485 receipt may be needed.

Old 10-25-2007, 05:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kishdam is a jewel in the rough kishdam is a jewel in the rough kishdam is a jewel in the rough

Any more thoughts on this issue. I am making a list of documents in three categories: (i) docs/info needed absolutely (ii) docs that are not must but might help (iii) docs that are not needed at all. Please edit this list based on your research (if you can add links/cite docs to support that would be great).

With long delays many people will be using AC21 and we might see these question repeatedly - a sticky thread can really help.

(i) Documents or information that is essential (if you don't have these documents or info don't even think about changing jobs and just stay put at old employer)
  • 485 receipt number
  • Alien Registration number from I140 approval (if its already done)
  • Employment letter from the new employer with title/function same/similar to labor application
  • Job functions from approved labor/I140 to get the above
  • ??
  • ??

(ii) Documents or information that is not necessary but is good to have (try to get these documents; if you are not able to get them there might be still a way to use AC21 using a lawyer or something)
  • A copy of I140 approval
  • A copy of labor certification
  • ??
  • ??

(iii) Documents you don't need at all (don't loose sleep if you don't have them; even if you dont have them you can use AC21 without help of a lawyer)
  • ??
  • ??

Old 10-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
deba is a jewel in the rough deba is a jewel in the rough deba is a jewel in the rough deba is a jewel in the rough

Tecnically I-140, labor cert belongs to the company. But it is always good to have a copy. I do not think it is necessary to have these docs to invoke AC21. Also, you may not necessarily get RFE for using AC21 either.

Deb
Contrib $900 so far
EB2 India PD 03/05
I140 09/07
I485 07/07

Old 06-18-2008, 02:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
bombay_masala is on a distinguished road

What is the Alien Registration number from I140 approval ? How do we get it if we don't have the copy of I-140 approval?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishdam View Post
Any more thoughts on this issue. I am making a list of documents in three categories: (i) docs/info needed absolutely (ii) docs that are not must but might help (iii) docs that are not needed at all. Please edit this list based on your research (if you can add links/cite docs to support that would be great).

With long delays many people will be using AC21 and we might see these question repeatedly - a sticky thread can really help.

(i) Documents or information that is essential (if you don't have these documents or info don't even think about changing jobs and just stay put at old employer)
  • 485 receipt number
  • Alien Registration number from I140 approval (if its already done)
  • Employment letter from the new employer with title/function same/similar to labor application
  • Job functions from approved labor/I140 to get the above
  • ??
  • ??

(ii) Documents or information that is not necessary but is good to have (try to get these documents; if you are not able to get them there might be still a way to use AC21 using a lawyer or something)
  • A copy of I140 approval
  • A copy of labor certification
  • ??
  • ??

(iii) Documents you don't need at all (don't loose sleep if you don't have them; even if you dont have them you can use AC21 without help of a lawyer)
  • ??
  • ??

Old 07-31-2008, 08:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
sent can only hope to improve
Default How to find Job description using LCA Case Number?

Hi Gurus,

I got an offer from a company and having the LCA case number with me. Is there any way that I can find the job description using my LCA case number? or else anyone tell me how to find the job description?

Thanks
-sent

Old 07-31-2008, 09:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute
Default you need to share more details

In the first place, without knowing the job details how a person gets an offer? by the way LCA number will never give a detailed description of nature of job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sent View Post
Hi Gurus,

I got an offer from a company and having the LCA case number with me. Is there any way that I can find the job description using my LCA case number? or else anyone tell me how to find the job description?

Thanks
-sent
"Don't go Where a Path Leads. Rather go where there is No Path and leave a trail for Others"

Old 07-31-2008, 08:26 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
bpadala is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Please refer to flcdatacenter.com and download all the PERMDATA in the access dataformat and look for your case number. It should give you certain data needed to do the AC21 paper work.