Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   AC21 Portability after 180 days of 485 filing (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum72-ac21-portability-after-180-days-of-485-filing/)
-   -   Aug visa Bulletin - will EB2 dates move any fwd (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum72-ac21-portability-after-180-days-of-485-filing/20115-aug-visa-bulletin-will-eb2-dates-move-any-fwd.html)

JAK 07-11-2008 08:05 PM

Aug visa Bulletin - will EB2 dates move any fwd

Hello,

My EB2 PD is 16th June 2006, and the aug visa bulletin is stuck at 1st june 2006. I have a good job offer and was going to make the move in the next few days using AC21, now with this new development need some advice if i should stay with the current company or still go with the AC21. What are the chances that the EB2 dates will move any fwd in the next few months ??
pls pls share your 2 cents on this scenario. Thanks !!

kaisersose 07-11-2008 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAK (Post 261753)
Hello,

My EB2 PD is 16th June 2006, and the aug visa bulletin is stuck at 1st june 2006. I have a good job offer and was going to make the move in the next few days using AC21, now with this new development need some advice if i should stay with the current company or still go with the AC21. What are the chances that the EB2 dates will move any fwd in the next few months ??

I dont see any link between PD movement and changing jobs per AC21.

If you see any genuine problems in changing jobs now, after today's bulletin, then that problem would have existed yesterday too. And conversely, if there were no problems yesterday, then the bulletin itself does not create any new problem to prevent you from changing jobs.

immi_enthu 07-11-2008 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaisersose (Post 261757)
I dont see any link between PD movement and changing jobs per AC21.

If you see any genuine problems in changing jobs now, after today's bulletin, then that problem would have existed yesterday too. And conversely, if there were no problems yesterday, then the bulletin itself does not create any new problem to prevent you from changing jobs.

This is what i think may have changed for him since yesterday. No matter what anybody says there are some risks associated with AC 21 . Yesterday he might be thinking that it will take him longer ( than what he thinks today) to get his GC so it's worth taking the risks of AC 21. But today he might be thinking that why take risk by using Ac 21 rather than stay out with the current GC sponsoring employer if GC is going to come in a shorter time.

boreal 07-11-2008 08:22 PM

Quote:

Hello,

Even if your PD were to become current next month, there is a very small possibility (USCIS whims!) that your will be approved before all those ppl that are still waiting, and with PDs 2003-2004. So, i dont think your decision should be based on this, otherwise, you will be stuck waiting for the approval for God knows how long (2-3 years, i would guess!). As always, take every opinion from posters here with a pinch of salt :-)

bkarnik 07-11-2008 08:52 PM

Besides, remember that even if you were to get your GC next month and immediately change companies, your current employer could file for revocation since the USCIS typically considers any change in job within 6 months of getting a EB based GC as fradulent intent. So it is actually in your interest to get AC21 and change jobs before your PD becomes current. My 2 cents.

Aah_GC 07-11-2008 09:10 PM

If I were you I would just go ahead and grab that next opportunity. Am sure you would have evaluated same / similar job criteria pretty well - so why not just go ahead? AC21 has been designed not only for those sufferring with retrogression but also for some one facing your situation. If you go by USCIS processing dates and times - well, we all know few things about that.

micofrost 07-11-2008 09:27 PM

What about processing dates

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddyinsfo (Post 261777)
Dude, dont throw in that negativity. Do u know for sure that the approval for the current EB2 folks (Aug bulletin beneficiaries) will take long? Like u said, USCIS whims...could be good or bad. Lets be optimistic and assume that everyone will get approvals. Remember, there are thousands with 485 pending but 140 pending as well. I'm sure USCIS will take the 485 cases whose 140s have been approved. So, there's a big filter and moreover none of us know for sure how many visa numbers actually has been alloted for EB2 India. So, keep ur fingers crossed.

140 approved,PD going to be current as per Aug bulletin but stuck in the processing date at CSC, which unfortunately moved back 2 years to 04/2006

REQUIRE_GC 07-11-2008 09:34 PM

Quote:

Hello,

My EB2 Priority Date is March 2005. Does It mean that Now it will be getting the GC? Too good to be True

axp817 07-11-2008 10:08 PM

Quote:

Hello,

My EB2 PD is 16th June 2006, and the aug visa bulletin is stuck at 1st june 2006.

Welcome to the club.

-June 7 2006 (PD)

Dhundhun 07-11-2008 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REQUIRE_GC (Post 261785)
My EB2 Priority Date is March 2005. Does It mean that Now it will be getting the GC? Too good to be True

What is your I485 Receipt Date? If it is less that Processing Date posted on USCIS web site, then yes. USCIS will ask GC number from DOS for you and file will move for approval.

Michael chertoff 07-11-2008 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axp817 (Post 261791)
Welcome to the club.

-June 7 2006 (PD)

Same here My PD is June 7 2006...tooo.

hope it will move next month.

MC

Dhundhun 07-12-2008 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddyinsfo (Post 261858)
...... Since the USCIS is likely to adjudicate the I-485 applications in processing quieu which is generally determined by the date of receipt of I-485 applications, the later the filing date is, the longer the adjudication will take in general, and the earlier the filing date is, the shorter the adjudication will take unless some issues are involved. Good luck. ....

That's right. So I expect delays by years in my case. Refer to this posting http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...786#post261786