Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > AC21 Portability after 180 days of 485 filing
Click to log in with Facebook
AC21 Portability after 180 days of 485 filing AC21 Portability after 180 days of 485 filing. Changing employers without affecting green card process.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future
Default I9 Form

Does the I9 form that we sign with our company have any impact on our 485 processing if we leave the company using AC21.

Thank you.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2009, 07:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/21/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
cdeneo can only hope to improve

I don't believe leaving the company that you had signed an I-9 form with have any impact on your GC app as long as you have a same or a similar job lined up if and when you do get an RFE regarding the same.

As mentioned several times, GC is for future employment and you can switch employers as many times as you want under AC21 (of course you don't want to go overboard with switching employers every few months either ).

I hope this helps - again this is my understanding of the law and not a legal opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ita View Post
Does the I9 form that we sign with our company have any impact on our 485 processing if we leave the company using AC21.

Thank you.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future
Default Thanks again

I wanted hear another opinion apart from my own. It surely did help.Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeneo View Post
I don't believe leaving the company that you had signed an I-9 form with have any impact on your GC app as long as you have a same or a similar job lined up if and when you do get an RFE regarding the same.

As mentioned several times, GC is for future employment and you can switch employers as many times as you want under AC21 (of course you don't want to go overboard with switching employers every few months either ).

I hope this helps - again this is my understanding of the law and not a legal opinion.