Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > AC21 Portability after 180 days of 485 filing
Click to log in with Facebook
AC21 Portability after 180 days of 485 filing AC21 Portability after 180 days of 485 filing. Changing employers without affecting green card process.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2014, 05:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcindia123 has a reputation beyond repute gcindia123 has a reputation beyond repute gcindia123 has a reputation beyond repute gcindia123 has a reputation beyond repute gcindia123 has a reputation beyond repute gcindia123 has a reputation beyond repute gcindia123 has a reputation beyond repute gcindia123 has a reputation beyond repute gcindia123 has a reputation beyond repute gcindia123 has a reputation beyond repute gcindia123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Approved 140 revoked by USCIS after 5 yrs

Hi Gurus / Friends

Very bad news for me today.

I got email for My I-140 from USCIS. My I-140 was approved in 2009, its almost 5 years ago. Why they are revoking it now. I changed my sponsoring employer in 2010, but till now I didn't filed AC21. Today my attorney sent AC21, G28, and EVL to uscis and it will reach tomorrow. I called uscis and checked the address on file but they are not providing as I am not the petitioner. I am not in touch with my old employer. Where will the USCIS document will go and how to get that document. How to respond if my old employer is not supporting.

1. To which address the mail will go, my address or old employer address
2. how to get that to us ( my address or new attorney )
3. do they request any docs from old company
4. what kind of information they might be expecting in this scenario.
5. have u seen any cases in the past where someone might have received such email and got approved after providing required information.
6.what is the % of getting this approved

background of my previous employer

1. He had some Bribery And Kickback case from ny state, later he sold his company to someone else and right now new company is in Texas, earlier it was in NJ and he left the country and I guess he is absconding.
2. I came to know about my previous employer issue recently.

we mailed you a notice indicating we intend to revoke the decision made on your case. That notice will explain in detail what action we intend to take. Please read it carefully when you receive it. If you have not received the notice within 14 days of the date above, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

Guys please give me ur suggestions and opinions what I need to do in this scenario.

Thanks,
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2014, 09:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcindia123 has a reputation beyond repute gcindia123 has a reputation beyond repute gcindia123 has a reputation beyond repute gcindia123 has a reputation beyond repute gcindia123 has a reputation beyond repute gcindia123 has a reputation beyond repute gcindia123 has a reputation beyond repute gcindia123 has a reputation beyond repute gcindia123 has a reputation beyond repute gcindia123 has a reputation beyond repute gcindia123 has a reputation beyond repute

Guys any suggestions or comments on my situation. It will be great help if you guys can help me here. I am screwed up in GC process. I don't have backup plans also.
Thanks.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Yours is a common story of people working for desi scam shops. Both employ and employers are responsible for many levels of abuse they both do. Now lawyers will scare you and you will pay a lot of money. The process is very simple. Just wait for NOID and file an appeal. No worries. It will take a few months to get you out of the dumps but by then if you show yourself so scared like you have in your post, you will end up losing lot of money and sleep.

Old 05-09-2014, 11:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I can understand what you are trying to say. Thank you, but you also know in this situation its very hard to control the tension. Can anyone please suggest me which law firm I need to go with?

Old 05-09-2014, 11:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcindia123 View Post
I can understand what you are trying to say. Thank you, but you also know in this situation its very hard to control the tension. Can anyone please suggest me which law firm I need to go with?
I would go with the cheapest in your town so that you can meet the lawyer, go to his office whenever you want update. Use your judgement.

Old 05-09-2014, 01:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stillhowlong is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If your GC , not having tension and not having sleepless nights are much more important than money, then I would strongly recommend you to go for law office of sheela murthy. They are expensive but their services are worth for the money that we pay them.
All the best.

SHL

Old 05-11-2014, 07:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/06/2013
Compare
SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi Gurus / Friends

Very bad news for me today.

I got email for My I-140 from USCIS. My I-140 was approved in 2009, its almost 5 years ago. Why they are revoking it now. I changed my sponsoring employer in 2010, but till now I didn't filed AC21. Today my attorney sent AC21, G28, and EVL to uscis and it will reach tomorrow. I called uscis and checked the address on file but they are not providing as I am not the petitioner. I am not in touch with my old employer. Where will the USCIS document will go and how to get that document. How to respond if my old employer is not supporting.

1. To which address the mail will go, my address or old employer address
2. how to get that to us ( my address or new attorney )
3. do they request any docs from old company
4. what kind of information they might be expecting in this scenario.
5. have u seen any cases in the past where someone might have received such email and got approved after providing required information.
6.what is the % of getting this approved

background of my previous employer

1. He had some Bribery And Kickback case from ny state, later he sold his company to someone else and right now new company is in Texas, earlier it was in NJ and he left the country and I guess he is absconding.
2. I came to know about my previous employer issue recently.

we mailed you a notice indicating we intend to revoke the decision made on your case. That notice will explain in detail what action we intend to take. Please read it carefully when you receive it. If you have not received the notice within 14 days of the date above, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

Guys please give me ur suggestions and opinions what I need to do in this scenario.

Thanks,
GC India... First of all relax..... Breathe In...... Breathe Out .... take deep breath. I140 cannot be revoked unless USCIS says that it was obtained by fraud. I am sure you are aware the the PD is yours. However do you have copy of approved I-140 with you? If yes, it will make things simpler.

Did you file for I-485 and is pending for more than 180 days? I believe you can file for AC21 only after you have I-485 application pending. If you filed for AC21 using your attorney or your address, then all correspondence will be sent to that address. It will not be sent to your old employer address.

%age of cases : To be honest I do not have an answer.

Good Luck my friend.....All will go well by the grace of God.
I140 Receipt Date:Jul 26, '07
I140 Approved Date:Apr 8, '08
2nd I140 Receipt Date:Jul 22, '11
I140 RFE Date:Mar 6, '12
I140 Approved Date:May 23, '12
I-485 Mailed Date:Feb 6, '13 Finally
I-485 Receipt Date:Feb 7, '13
I-485 Notice Date:Feb 12, '13
EAD & Advance Parole Approval:Mar 2, '13
EAD & Advance Parole Combo Card Recd Date:Mar 8, '13 (valid for 1 year)
Finger Print Notice date:Mar 29, '13

Old 05-12-2014, 09:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Hi SGP,

Generally as employees we don't know how he filed 140, if he did fraud or not. I have approved 140 copy with me. My 485 is pending more than 6+ years(filed in 2007). My AC21 and G28 went 1 day late after my 140 online status changed to "Intent to Revoke". I am in touch with old employers HR dept and they are trying to get that to them as they changed the company address, so they are working with uscis to udpate the address and request to send the copy again.

As we filed new g-28 can new attorney request USCIS to send the document to new attorney?

Thanks,

Old 04-10-2015, 03:14 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sree52 is on a distinguished road

Hello, What is the update on your case? Did you respond to USCIS regarding your I140 and 485 cases?

Can you please mail me s r e e 52 @ y a h o o . c o m (please remove the spaces) I am also looking for solution to my 140 which was approved in 2007