Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > AC21 Portability after 180 days of 485 filing
Click to log in with Facebook
AC21 Portability after 180 days of 485 filing AC21 Portability after 180 days of 485 filing. Changing employers without affecting green card process.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2015, 05:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of
Default Forgot to submit AC21 and now 4 years with new employer

I am on EB3 , priority date: 2005 Jan

recently my friend's priority got current (PD : Dec 2003 ) and he was asked to send proof of current employment ,he was safe because he was prompt on applying AC21 , he sent proof with nee employer and finally got the card

I just went back my records and now realized that I havent applied for AC21 back in 2011 when I switched my employer

PD :2005 Jan
changed first employer : Apr 2009 ( I filled AC21 during that time , it was a consulting company but very supportive (even now)
Changed employer 2011 - took full time position (forgot to submit AC21)

Is it okay to apply for AC21 now (not sure if that's going to trigger any risk)

Please help
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-20-2015, 06:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of

anyone could answer this please, greatly appreciate your help

Old 06-21-2015, 08:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/21/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Koitvella, congratulations for being current. You can submit AC21 now without any issues. I didn't apply for AC21 when I changed jobs twice. I did it only when RFE was raised similar to yours. When I submitted proof of employment from a new employer, I attached a letter for AC21. You are perfectly fine and congratulation for being current. You will be greened soon.

Old 06-22-2015, 07:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

thank you Amit for clarifying , you guys are the best