Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > FBI namecheck delays and Writ of Mandamus
Click to log in with Facebook
FBI namecheck delays and Writ of Mandamus Delays in FBI namecheck during 485 processing and legal options of filing Writ of Mandamus in court to get namecheck cleared.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 05:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
ak27 is a jewel in the rough ak27 is a jewel in the rough ak27 is a jewel in the rough ak27 is a jewel in the rough

It is appalling to see how quickly people jump to conclusions. If you don't have any good information to share then you should not waste other's time to insert such replies. What makes you to think that I am scared of talking to attorney? I have been in this struggle for last six years, you have no idea what people have been through.. Please don't pass judgment on others...
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/31/2007
Compare
praky is just really nice praky is just really nice praky is just really nice praky is just really nice praky is just really nice
Default SR response says my I-485 is stuck in background check

I'm July 2007 filer and per the Aug visa bulletin my I-485 application is current (PD - Feb, 2006). I raised a SR with NSC on 15-Jul to find out the status of my application and here is the response I got from them today:

The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.

Until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case. These background checks are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact customer service at the number provided below.

I'm kind of worried as I haven't seen folks getting this response. I haven't gotten even a DMV ticket and not sure why would I get that kind of response. Please advise what should be my next course of action and if there is anything I can do from my end.

Thanks,
Praky

Old 08-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
ak27 is a jewel in the rough ak27 is a jewel in the rough ak27 is a jewel in the rough ak27 is a jewel in the rough

You may want to visit your congressmen/congresswomen and try to help from him/her.This might take a while without doing anything. My background check has been pending since dec 2009, I have not done anything yet because my PD is not current. I will be requesting their help next month or as soon as my PD is current. IV has helped some folks who were stuck for long time. May be you can request their assistance. This is BC process could be pain ....

Old 08-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/31/2007
Compare
praky is just really nice praky is just really nice praky is just really nice praky is just really nice praky is just really nice
Default Second level I/O response

Thanks ak27... based on your suggestion, I have started enquiry on my case through congressman.

I also talked to second level I/O and she told me that it may be due to pending biometrics (what a relief to hear that). She didn't give me any other details so still not sure what's going (no SLUDs yet). I haven't recd any finger print notice since my first one in sep'07 so that kind of makes sense.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
shak is on a distinguished road
Default FP expired

Quote:
Originally Posted by praky View Post
Thanks ak27... based on your suggestion, I have started enquiry on my case through congressman.

I also talked to second level I/O and she told me that it may be due to pending biometrics (what a relief to hear that). She didn't give me any other details so still not sure what's going (no SLUDs yet). I haven't recd any finger print notice since my first one in sep'07 so that kind of makes sense.
I had a infopass appointment today, IO informed me that my fp expired so that may be the reason for not approving I-485. He told me that my application had some activity on July 29. Later I contacted my congressman's office and they informed me that my fp will be refreshed and I dont need to take new fp.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greenmonster has much to be proud of greenmonster has much to be proud of greenmonster has much to be proud of greenmonster has much to be proud of greenmonster has much to be proud of greenmonster has much to be proud of greenmonster has much to be proud of greenmonster has much to be proud of greenmonster has much to be proud of

I am a July 2007 filer, so far i have never got finger prints on my EAD. First time i did not get a FP notice. I scheduled an info pass appointment and got my FP notice.. gave FP in Feb 2008. I got my first EAD in Oct 2007.

My latest EAD ( approved Jul 2010) does not have the finger prints on it. Last time I gave my FP was in June 2009 ( Notice sent by USICS ). Is that something to worry? Is it related to NC ?

Old 08-05-2010, 03:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/31/2007
Compare
Default Received SMS @ 9:25 pm PT

Wooooooooohoooooooooooooo...

I received a sms saying that my case status has been updated (weird they sent it @ 9:25 pm PT). I was like here comes another biometrics appointment... but still let's check the status online. To my surprise and by god's grace, case status was changed to "Card/Document Production" (still cannot believe it). I dunno what triggered this but i did contact my Congressman yesterday. My wife's status has also changed to "decision" - should move to "Card production" soon.

My suggestion to all of you - please don't lose patience and do whatever you can from your end to expedite your case. It's your GC and you've to make sure you get it. Contact I/O, infopass and congressman/senator. Don't expect anything from your lawyers as they only care about money and it is in their best interest to see your case pending (more RFEs, EADs, APs, etc).

Thanks and all the best to all of you out there still waiting for your GC.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pncool01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I received a sms saying that my case status has been updated (weird they sent it @ 9:25 pm PT). I was like here comes another biometrics appointment... but still let's check the status online. To my surprise and by god's grace, case status was changed to "Card/Document Production" (still cannot believe it). I dunno what triggered this but i did contact my Congressman yesterday. My wife's status has also changed to "decision" - should move to "Card production" soon.

My suggestion to all of you - please don't lose patience and do whatever you can from your end to expedite your case. It's your GC and you've to make sure you get it. Contact I/O, infopass and congressman/senator. Don't expect anything from your lawyers as they only care about money and it is in their best interest to see your case pending (more RFEs, EADs, APs, etc).

Praky
Congratulations and best of luck to you on this new journey. I was looking through forums today and saw that I have exactly the same issue as you. (even the email text was identical to what you posted). Can you please inform how you spoke to second level IO?
I plan to contact local congresswoman as well, was there a letter or something you faxed over to them?
Appreciate the guidance, thank you

Old 08-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/31/2007
Compare

Thanks for the wishes pncool01.

Second level I/O ->Trick is to first call the USCIS customer service and talk to the first level I/O. Once he/she has given you the information on the case (same as what you see online), try to convince him/her to transfer you to second level I/O. It has always worked for me ... just need to show a bit of emotion and tell them how you've been stuck for so long.

Congressman -> Talk to your congressman's staff and figure out the best way to get an immigration inquiry. In my case, they had a immigration privacy release form available online and I just filled the form, signed and faxed it.

Hope this helps !

Old 08-10-2010, 09:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2007
Compare
gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

congrats!!

That is the exact response I got for my SR.

I have contacted our congressman's office yesterday for help..lets see how it goes.
I gave my 2nd finger prints on july 28th.

So far nothing.

485 Approved 08/18/2010

Old 08-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
sparuthi will become famous soon enough
Question How can i get in touch with congressman

Hi

How can i get in touch with congressman to dicuss my namecheck

thanks

Old 08-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/31/2007
Compare
Default Have hope

Thanks gimme_gc2006.

I know how it feels when guys out there with priority date later than you get approved and you're stuck in this black hole with no clue on what the current status is.

Usually, it takes atleast 7 days for the congressman staff to get any response. It's always better to call the staff casually after couple of days to make sure they have got all the paper work you've sent and they are working on it.

I'm sure your case will be approved soon - have hope.