Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   FBI namecheck delays and Writ of Mandamus (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum73-fbi-namecheck-delays-and-writ-of-mandamus/)
-   -   Namecheck Victims Sign up here (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum73-fbi-namecheck-delays-and-writ-of-mandamus/14381-namecheck-victims-sign-up-here.html)

pappu 10-11-2007 11:28 AM

Namecheck Victims Sign up here
 
Namechecks:

IV will be soon posting some updates on this. We have done some ground work on this issue in the recent past and have got positive response. Stronger support from our members, will definitely help us push this agenda item. IV feels that this issue is going to be a big roadblock for a lot of us now, after people have filed their I485s. It is possible to get a much wider bi-partisan support on this issue by us and we are already pursuing it.

Pls. stay tuned on this issue.

================
Update
Oct 22. 2007
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...d=81&Itemid=61

mallu 10-12-2007 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pappu (Post 181918)
Namechecks:

IV will be soon posting some updates on this. We have done some ground work on this issue in the recent past and have got positive response. Stronger support from our members, will definitely help us push this agenda item. IV feels that this issue is going to be a big roadblock for a lot of us now, after people have filed their I485s. It is possible to get a much wider bi-partisan support on this issue by us and we are already pursuing it.

Pls. stay tuned on this issue.

Good.
The govt. had announced something : http://www.dhs.gov/xnews/releases/pr_1186757867585.shtm
See item (22) .

May be ask Mr.Chertoff , "Sir, what is the status on your annoucement".

Googler 10-12-2007 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mallu (Post 182471)
Good.
The govt. had announced something : http://www.dhs.gov/xnews/releases/pr_1186757867585.shtm
See item (22) .

May be ask Mr.Chertoff , "Sir, what is the status on your annoucement".

I hope what that news release means is more than what is described in this article:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...ck=2&cset=true

In his yearly report to Congress in June, immigration services ombudsman Prakash wrote that the policy on checking names "may increase the risk to national security by extending the time a potential criminal or terrorist remains in the country." questioned the overall value of the process, writing that it was the "single biggest obstacle to the timely and efficient delivery of immigration benefits."
The Department of Homeland Security has acknowledged the threat, last month announcing plans to work with the FBI to address the backlog and reduce delays. Citizenship and Immigration Services will reassess the way name checks are done and earmark $6 million toward streamlining the process, Bentley said. [note: Chris Bentley is a USCIS spokesman.]
...

In addition to clearing the backlog and processing the 27,000 new name checks it receives each week from immigration officials, the FBI is trying to accelerate the process by making more documents electronic. It is also adding more staff and moving resources to a new records facility in Virginia, Carter said. [note: Bill Carter is a FBI spokesman.]

What we really need is something like what they had to do to clear the US passport backlog -- aggressive hiring and reallocation of resources to remove the backlog + reassessment of the value of examining reference files. Not a replay of the DOL BEC story OR the continuation of the current Kafka-esque situation albeit with few pieces of duct tape to show the press.

I hope IV is making this clear in all meetings. $6M worth of changes are not going to fix the problem.

NYImmigrant 10-16-2007 11:09 AM

I hope they do something about this name check mess soon. I filed 485 in July 2003 and have been current for years now... Just stuck in the whole name check mess.

I even completed the interview for my employment based 485 more than 19 months ago. I do not know what else they want ?

EB3 India PD: March 2001.

pan123 10-16-2007 11:21 AM

How will I know if I am victim?
 
Folks,

Can somebody please explain me, how will I know that I am a victim of FBI namecheck?

Thanks,

pappu 10-16-2007 01:46 PM

Are there only 3 people suffering from namechecks?
This issue can be pushed if we have strong support for it.

aadimanav 10-16-2007 01:57 PM

How do I find out that I am "suffering" from namecheck? :confused:

PD: EB3 --> April 2004 --> India
I-140 Approved.
I-485 Received on July 2, 2007
Fingerprinting --> DONE
EAD --> RECEIVED

mallu 10-16-2007 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pappu (Post 184478)
Are there only 3 people suffering from namechecks?
This issue can be pushed if we have strong support for it.

I believe most of the members of IV are in the receipt/FP mode. Newly filed mass.
Yet to worry about the namecheck. And for EB3 and EB2 post 2004 filers the burning issue is still country wide quota.

aadimanav 10-16-2007 05:23 PM

bump :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by aadimanav (Post 184487)
How do I find out that I am "suffering" from namecheck? :confused:

PD: EB3 --> April 2004 --> India
I-140 Approved.
I-485 Received on July 2, 2007
Fingerprinting --> DONE
EAD --> RECEIVED


gene77 10-16-2007 05:37 PM

Exactly my question?
 
How do we know we're stuck in the namecheck process?

Does the on-line status state that the application is in the namecheck 'phase' or something to that effect?

Thanks,

485Mbe4001 10-16-2007 05:58 PM

i am a victim too (NC started Jan 05)...i have almost given up now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pappu (Post 184478)
Are there only 3 people suffering from namechecks?
This issue can be pushed if we have strong support for it.


somegchuh 10-16-2007 07:22 PM

I am stuck in namecheck too. With 485 filed in Feb '07 I am not sure if I qualify as a "namecheck victim" yet :-)

priti8888 10-16-2007 07:24 PM

Infopass
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gene77 (Post 184789)
How do we know we're stuck in the namecheck process?

Does the on-line status state that the application is in the namecheck 'phase' or something to that effect?

Thanks,

NO..online status wont chnage.

U can either call the 1-800 # or make an infopass appointment 4-6 Months after your first FP. If u plan to call, make sure u call 3-4 times because you might get conflicting info

elassar2005 10-16-2007 08:14 PM

victim me, my wife and my 9 years kid since April 2006 and victum for the all system since i belive them when i immigrated in 2000, but it's too late to cry :)

lazycis 10-16-2007 09:52 PM

NC has been pending since April 2004. Currently in process of suing the government.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org