Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > FBI namecheck delays and Writ of Mandamus
Click to log in with Facebook
FBI namecheck delays and Writ of Mandamus Delays in FBI namecheck during 485 processing and legal options of filing Writ of Mandamus in court to get namecheck cleared.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2007, 05:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Compare
InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future

...and may I know what is bad in this ?!

I would say this is definitely good as 1.) They have acknowledged the issue AND 2.) acted upon it.

We will know the veracity of their actions as more people report of their NC getting cleared over the next few months.

I think (1) in the statement made by USCIS refers to "DHS Secretary Chertoff indicated that USCIS and the FBI are changing parts of the name check process, with the expected result that a large proportion of the backlog should be cleared within six months" source: AILA Infonet

Last edited by InTheMoment; 12-03-2007 at 05:32 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/30/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/30/2007
Compare
ssnd03 is a jewel in the rough ssnd03 is a jewel in the rough ssnd03 is a jewel in the rough ssnd03 is a jewel in the rough

I guess it is just hard to be optimistic with USCIS, FBI processes

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheMoment View Post
...and may I know what is bad in this ?!

I would say this is definitely good as 1.) They have acknowledged the issue AND 2.) acted upon it.

We will know the veracity of their actions as more people report of their NC getting cleared over the next few months.

I think (1) in the statement made by USCIS refers to "DHS Secretary Chertoff indicated that USCIS and the FBI are changing parts of the name check process, with the expected result that a large proportion of the backlog should be cleared within six months" source: AILA Infonet

Old 12-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute

I guess Michael Cannon was right after all. He did not promise any improvements regarding name check situation until 2010... Let's hope the court system will continue to put pressure on the USCIS/FBI.

Old 12-08-2007, 11:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
richshi is on a distinguished road
Default IV should focus energy and resources on name check

Get one thing done is better than spreading limited resources on multiple topics. To increase immigration quotas is not achievable before presidential election is done.

Why not just focus on getting name check delay solved. It is under congress scrutiny already, all need are to add more oil to the fire.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
12-10-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07-02-2007
Compare
gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute
Default IV trying

Hi,
IV is trying to achieve these things...but it cannot do until unless members contribute something...IV need contributions to invest in the omnibus bill Lobbying efforts.. for more details look at below thread...

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=15905

Quote:
Originally Posted by richshi View Post
Get one thing done is better than spreading limited resources on multiple topics. To increase immigration quotas is not achievable before presidential election is done.

Why not just focus on getting name check delay solved. It is under congress scrutiny already, all need are to add more oil to the fire.

After 8 years........Finally Green'ed on 9th July 2010.
Thanks IV for your help and support!!!

Old 12-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Italy
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
maristella61 will become famous soon enough
Question FBI name check question

Sorry if this has been addressed before but I'm not really sure how the FBI name check works.
Is that something we all go through or is it at random? Where can we go to see if we are in the process of going through that or if we have gotten passed it already.
Thanks for your help as always.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by maristella61 View Post
Sorry if this has been addressed before but I'm not really sure how the FBI name check works.
Is that something we all go through or is it at random? Where can we go to see if we are in the process of going through that or if we have gotten passed it already.
Thanks for your help as always.
everyone has to go thru namecheck process. Once during greencard process and once again during citizenship process. (if and when you apply for citizenship.)

To find out about namecheck, you can call USCIS and if you get an officer on the line (not the cust service representative ), then you can find out.

You can also find out about the status of your namecheck with infopass appointment. That will take up some of your time.
Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
- Steven Weinberg, Nobel Prize winning physicist.
--------------------------------------------------

Old 12-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Italy
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
maristella61 will become famous soon enough
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife View Post
everyone has to go thru namecheck process. Once during greencard process and once again during citizenship process. (if and when you apply for citizenship.)

To find out about namecheck, you can call USCIS and if you get an officer on the line (not the cust service representative ), then you can find out.

You can also find out about the status of your namecheck with infopass appointment. That will take up some of your time.
Thank you very much. I will follow up on that.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nolud is on a distinguished road
Default uscis/dhs response

I received a letter from uscis/DHS on Jan 28.
It was in response to my request about my wifes I-485 being in namecheck for a long time.

The response stated:
"The review of our records indicate that the investigation into your background has been completed. The processing of your case has been delayed because the requirement review is still in process."

Does this mean that the namecheck has been completed?
What is "requirement review"?
Did anyone else get this type of letter?

Wifes Case dates:
PD - Jul 2003
Interview Date - Jan 4 2006
Type - Family based ( on marriage )
Info Pass - Sep 2007
Last FP - Oct 2007
LUD - 10/2007 ( probably because of FP )

Current Status:
On October 7, 2003, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Note: If this is the wrong forum/area, please advise where is this question best suited for...
Thanks to ALL

Old 02-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute
Default nolud

It looks like NC was completed. "Requirement review" means that they are trying to determine whether your marriage is still valid after all these years... Do not take it close to your heart, I found out that the USCIS letters are not very credible.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nolud is on a distinguished road
Default Required Review

Thanks Lazy
If these these letters aren't that credible, then it's also possible that the application may still be stuck in namecheck.
It's so sad to see how they really operate and they have to stoop to such low standards of ethics.
If I had a job where I needed to blow smoke to cover up for my de·fi·cien·cies, I'd be pounding the pavement the next day.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:59 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Hydro is on a distinguished road

Helo Im messaging from India,

I found this site useful so I joined in here, but since they did not have India in the listing I added Calfornia. I have a F2B immigration visa pending filed by my parents in the US. I had interview in Chennai, India on Sep 2007. I fell short of some docs and submitted those on 28 Dec 2007 and was given 221g and told my case will be held up due to administrative processing.

I wanted to know if this new name check ruling helps me in any way. Also how long more should I expect to wait for the visa.

Thanx

Hydro

Old 03-17-2008, 02:35 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Hydro is on a distinguished road

Helo all,

My mom had filed for an F2B category immigrant visa for me. Consequently, I attended an interview at the US consulate in Chennai, India and was given 221 (g) blue slip and asked to wait. When I contacted the embassy after 3 months I was asked to wait as my case is under administrative processing due to name check.

Any idea how long more I shud be waiting, andyone in the same boat

thnx