Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > FBI namecheck delays and Writ of Mandamus
Click to log in with Facebook
FBI namecheck delays and Writ of Mandamus Delays in FBI namecheck during 485 processing and legal options of filing Writ of Mandamus in court to get namecheck cleared.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2008, 02:17 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts
Default Name Check Cleared

Just called iio and she said my Name check has been cleared and my case is waiting to be assigned to an officer.my pd is oct 2003, EB3. Whats the next step?. is it just waiting for the PD to be current?. How long does it take for the officer to preapprove my case?.

Any comments will be much appreciated. thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2008, 03:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
webm will become famous soon enough
Default Yes

"is it just waiting for the PD to be current?.

--Yes PD should be current,also your 485 RD should fall under the ServCenter 485 ProcessingDates as well..then you can expect something...

Old 02-26-2008, 03:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/05/2007
Chargeability
:
Saudi Arabia
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
snhn is infamous around these parts snhn is infamous around these parts snhn is infamous around these parts snhn is infamous around these parts snhn is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by webm View Post

--Yes PD should be current,also your 485 RD should fall under the ServCenter 485 ProcessingDates as well..then you can expect something...
Congradulations. But what is iio, it is just a regular cutomer service agent. Can I call them and ask about my status, if so will it be the regular 1800 number. Also what do I need to tell them. A#....

Thanks!

Old 02-26-2008, 03:22 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts

Quote:

My RD is July 24th and they are processing July 30th. I guess my question is, what else can the officer do after namecheck and before preapproval?.

I am guessing, the officer will check if I-140 is approved, if there is anything wrong with I-485 data and then PREAPPROVE

Any can add more?.

Last edited by p_kumar; 02-26-2008 at 03:25 PM.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:23 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by snhn View Post
Congradulations. But what is iio, it is just a regular cutomer service agent. Can I call them and ask about my status, if so will it be the regular 1800 number. Also what do I need to tell them. A#....

Thanks!

just call 18003755283

enter receipt number
keep listening to updates on case
4 you will be connecting to iio (2nd level immigration officer who is more educated and will speak nicely)

Old 02-26-2008, 03:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_kumar View Post
My RD is July 24th and they are processing July 30th. I guess my question, what else can the officer do after namecheck and before preapproval?.

I am guessing, the officer will check if I-140 is approved, if there is anything wrong with I-485 data and then PREAPPROVE

Any can add more?.
NameCheck is cleared..sounds good...

Basically you qualified half criteria in the case of PD wrto RD..but your PD should be current to qualify fully..only then you can expect adjudication on your case etc...

Last edited by webm; 02-26-2008 at 03:29 PM.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
NameCheck is cleared..sounds good...

Basically you qualified half criteria in the case of PD wrto RD..but your PD should be current to qualify fully..only then you can expect adjudication on your case etc...
I understand my PD should be current but thats not my question. Please read carefully.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
gvarghe is on a distinguished road
Default Please reply

Hi Kumar,

In your case, were you checking the USCIS Website for Case Status and Last Updated Timestamp..? Was the last Updated Date was updated matching your Namecheck clearance ..?

In my case, there are no updates since August 23rd, 2007 in the website, do you think they may have processed the name check, without the timestamp being updated.

Thanks,
G

Old 02-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare

Quote:
I understand my PD should be current but thats not my question. Please read carefully.

Why are you looking for Pre-Approval?? Also fyi.. they will keenly check the 485 data before doing any final adjudication..

Take it easy!!

Old 02-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare
sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all

Quote:
My RD is July 24th and they are processing July 30th. I guess my question is, what else can the officer do after namecheck and before preapproval?.

One of the most important things that an officer can do after namecheck etc. is to actually work on your application....The way things are going at these service centers, I dunno man...Good Luck though..

Contributed to Flower campaign
Contributed to DC Rally fund
Tri-State Chapter member

Old 02-26-2008, 04:03 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Why are you looking for Pre-Approval?? Also fyi.. they will keenly check the 485 data before doing any final adjudication..

Take it easy!!
I am trying hard to be polite but you are testing my patience. why do you bother to answer when you dont have anything to add?. Keenly check the 485 data is already in my list.

There's no need for you get involved here. Have a good day.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:08 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvarghe View Post
Hi Kumar,

In your case, were you checking the USCIS Website for Case Status and Last Updated Timestamp..? Was the last Updated Date was updated matching your Namecheck clearance ..?

In my case, there are no updates since August 23rd, 2007 in the website, do you think they may have processed the name check, without the timestamp being updated.

Thanks,
G
Please check my above replies.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare

Quote:
I am trying hard to be polite but you are testing my patience. why do you bother to answer when you dont have anything to add?. Keenly check the 485 data is already in my list.

There's no need for you get involved here. Have a good day.
Sorry dude!! sincerely I am not testing your patience...Just replied it accordingly and how they process...No confusion...

Users here share the info as much as they can....take it positively or Ignore..

Goodluck!!

Last edited by webm; 02-26-2008 at 04:18 PM.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
purgan is just really nice purgan is just really nice purgan is just really nice purgan is just really nice purgan is just really nice

pkumar,
SInce they are lookimng at your app, I presume you applied at Nebraska Center (NSC)?

Old 02-26-2008, 05:09 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by purgan View Post
pkumar,
SInce they are lookimng at your app, I presume you applied at Nebraska Center (NSC)?
yes, thats correct. I am just concerned about RFEs at this stage (After namecheck and before Preapproval).