Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > FBI namecheck delays and Writ of Mandamus
Click to log in with Facebook
FBI namecheck delays and Writ of Mandamus Delays in FBI namecheck during 485 processing and legal options of filing Writ of Mandamus in court to get namecheck cleared.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-04-2008, 08:58 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,347
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Name Check - July 2007 filers

http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/fil...g_20080402.pdf

So what USCIS is essentially saying that July 2007 filers will be cleared from Name Check during November 2008.
__________________
- Past Member, Texas State Chapter: http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/texasiv
- Proud Member of VA/DC/MD Chapter:http://groups.google.com/group/iv-dc-chapter[size="1"]
EB3-PD:07/2003 - Interfiled and successfully ported EB2 on 07/30/13-Greencard approved - 08/26/13 - Physical cards received on 08/30/13.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 159
immigrationvoice1 will become famous soon enough immigrationvoice1 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BharatPremi View Post
http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/fil...g_20080402.pdf

So what USCIS is essentially saying that July 2007 filers will be cleared from Name Check during November 2008.
Thanks BharatPremi.

Trying to open the URL and getting an error message. Anyone else having problems opening the file ?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 155
ak_2006 is a glorious beacon of light ak_2006 is a glorious beacon of light ak_2006 is a glorious beacon of light ak_2006 is a glorious beacon of light ak_2006 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Yes...I could open it

Yes, I could open the document.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-04-2008, 10:51 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 155
ak_2006 is a glorious beacon of light ak_2006 is a glorious beacon of light ak_2006 is a glorious beacon of light ak_2006 is a glorious beacon of light ak_2006 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Document typed in word

News Release April 2, 2008

USCIS AND FBI RELEASE JOINT PALN TO ELIMINATE BACKLOG OF FBI NAME CHECKS
Partnership Establishes series of Miles stones to Complete Checks.

Washington- US Citizenship and immigration service (USCIS) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) today announced a joint plan to eliminate the backlog of name checks pending with the FBI.

The USCIS and the FBI established a series of milestones prioritizing work based on the age of the pending name check. The FBI already eliminated all name checks more than 4 years.

“This plan of action is the product of a strong partnership between the USCIS and the FBI to eliminate the backlogs and to strengthen national security,” said USCIS Director Emilio Gonzalez.


By increasing staff, expanding resources, and applying new business process the goal is to complete 98% of all name checks with in 30 days. USCIS and the FBI intend to resolve the remaining 2%, which represent most difficult name checks and require additional time to complete, with in 90 days or less. The goal is to achieve and sustain these processing times by June 2009.

The joint plan will focus on resolving the oldest Pending FBI name checks First. USCIS has also requested that the FBI prioritize resolution of approximately 29,800 pending name checks from naturalization applicants submitted to the FBI before May 2006 where the naturalization applicants was already interviewed.

The target milestone for processing names checks are:

Completion Goal Category
May 2008 Process all name checks pending more than 3 years
July 2008 Process all name checks pending more than 2 years
Nov. 2008 Process all name checks pending more than 2 years
Feb. 2009 Process all name checks pending more than 180 days
June 2009 Process 98% of all name checks with in 30 days & process the remaining 2% with in 90 days.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 128
bekugc has a spectacular aura about bekugc has a spectacular aura about
Default

in the past , infopass appointment cud be used to enquire on the status of namechecks.

is that still the only option? or any better/easier ways to query the status of namechecks?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pre-adjudicated cases July/August 2007 Filers Nabeel Recent Blogs 21 07-30-2010 06:52 AM
2nd Round of FP Notices for July 2007 filers rb_248 Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. 15 08-19-2008 01:48 PM
Can JUly 2 2007 485 filers renew their EAD by E-file gantilk Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. 13 05-19-2008 06:01 PM
Let's track FP for July2nd - July 16,2007 filers fetch_gc Fingerprinting during 485 stage 0 11-01-2007 10:13 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org