Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > FBI namecheck delays and Writ of Mandamus
Click to log in with Facebook
FBI namecheck delays and Writ of Mandamus Delays in FBI namecheck during 485 processing and legal options of filing Writ of Mandamus in court to get namecheck cleared.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jkel79 is on a distinguished road
Default I485 Based on marriage - outside normal processing times.

I am asking you for help with my immigration case.

I filled for my permanent residency (Green Card) in April 2009 as a “spouse of US citizen”.
We had interview with the USCIS district office at St. Louis in August 2009. The officer approved the case and told the Green Card will be sent soon.

However I've never got the green card.

I and my husband have been throw two Infopass appointment and also have written letters to Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman and Member of Congress Lacy Clay in St. Louis, MO.

Nobody seems to help us. We have been waiting more than a year.

I have all the service requests from the Customer Service 1-800 that were sending bunch of emails. They kept saying me that my case is under “additional review”.

The last person from the third level of Customer Service told me that this all is because I’m from Russia and USCIS send the request to my home city in Russia. I don’t believe this is true.

I have 6 cards from the post office after I send mails to the USCIS with delivery confirmation. However all my letters were correct and official written by me, nobody from USCIS answered me. I also send the official letter to the officer in charge Chester Moyer that never answered me also. I send to this person an official letter with number of my case and copy of the official USCIS documents. I have a card from the post office. No answer.

USCIS didn’t touch my case since August 2010.

My husband and I have the real marriage and we plan to have kids. All our relatives and friends know that. My Mom and friends came to join my marriage ceremony all the way from Russia.
I’ve never been illegal in the USA. I have no criminal records. I came here legally with K1 visa and we got married until the visa expiration date.

What else should I do? Can somebody please help me??? Should I sue the USCIS? (I really want to)
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2011, 01:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkel79 View Post
I am asking you for help with my immigration case.

I filled for my permanent residency (Green Card) in April 2009 as a “spouse of US citizen”.
We had interview with the USCIS district office at St. Louis in August 2009. The officer approved the case and told the Green Card will be sent soon.

However I've never got the green card.

I and my husband have been throw two Infopass appointment and also have written letters to Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman and Member of Congress Lacy Clay in St. Louis, MO.

Nobody seems to help us. We have been waiting more than a year.

I have all the service requests from the Customer Service 1-800 that were sending bunch of emails. They kept saying me that my case is under “additional review”.

The last person from the third level of Customer Service told me that this all is because I’m from Russia and USCIS send the request to my home city in Russia. I don’t believe this is true.

I have 6 cards from the post office after I send mails to the USCIS with delivery confirmation. However all my letters were correct and official written by me, nobody from USCIS answered me. I also send the official letter to the officer in charge Chester Moyer that never answered me also. I send to this person an official letter with number of my case and copy of the official USCIS documents. I have a card from the post office. No answer.

USCIS didn’t touch my case since August 2010.

My husband and I have the real marriage and we plan to have kids. All our relatives and friends know that. My Mom and friends came to join my marriage ceremony all the way from Russia.
I’ve never been illegal in the USA. I have no criminal records. I came here legally with K1 visa and we got married until the visa expiration date.

What else should I do? Can somebody please help me??? Should I sue the USCIS? (I really want to)
You can file Writ of Mandamus in a Federal Court to force USCIS to act on your case since your case outside the normal processing time.

Total contibution to IV so far: $550.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote