Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > FBI namecheck delays and Writ of Mandamus
Click to log in with Facebook
FBI namecheck delays and Writ of Mandamus Delays in FBI namecheck during 485 processing and legal options of filing Writ of Mandamus in court to get namecheck cleared.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46 (permalink)  
Old 10-19-2007, 04:13 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2006
Chargeability
:
Bangladesh
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2006
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 14
whatsupwithgc is on a distinguished road
Default IMP** Let us write to our REPS

Hi All,

Let us write to our reps to support this bill.

Bill Details:
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/...8&congress=110

Write Your Representative
http://www.house.gov/writerep/

Sample letter:
Dear Sir,
I am writing to you to request your support for the bill on "Reducing backlog in processing requests made by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to the National Name Check Program of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Bill # H.R.3828" which is sponsored by Mr. Yvette Clarke (D-NY 11th). If passed, the bill would help improve national security and legal immigration process.

Details of the bill are available at:
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/...8&congress=110

Thanks,
Regards,

your name

End of sample letter
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #47 (permalink)  
Old 10-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 194
sss9i is on a distinguished road
Default Contact FBI for Name check

Who can I contact if I have further questions about the name check process?
Should you have any questions, please contact the Identification and Investigative Services Section Name Check Unit at (304) 625-9450 between the hours of
6:00 am and 4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time Monday thru Friday.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #48 (permalink)  
Old 10-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,423
Blog Entries: 6
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default

http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...d=81&Itemid=61

Update and reference material on namechecks
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #49 (permalink)  
Old 10-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/21/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/04/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 102
satish_hello has a spectacular aura about satish_hello has a spectacular aura about satish_hello has a spectacular aura about
Default Hi Guys

I have my details given below, I Went for InfoPass last week,The officer told my spouse cleared the Name Check , mine is pending.

I filed I-485 on July'5th'2007.

Name Check was intiated on Sept'17'2007. Since i am july Filler, i might wait for another 1 more months , so that it will be 2 months to worry about name check stuck or not. I didn't get my FP notice yet.

Guru's what do you think, Shall i have to concerned. One of the person (mallu) told in this forum ,if USCIS does name check can be cleared with in 2 months.(Does name check can be cleared in 2-6 months time for 80% people?)

My wife seems to be cleared in 2 weeks time.

-----------------------------------------------------
I got my EAD for both of us, and AP Approved.

EB2/PD-Sept'2004/I-140 Approved.
I-485 - Sent July5th. - Transferred ---> WAC ---> back to NSC
EAD- Card Received
AP - Approved.
FP -?
---------------------------------
Contributed $100 for Rally.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #50 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7
immigration_law is on a distinguished road
Default

The USCIS will not request the FBI Name Check until I-485 submitted. You can not request Name Check by yourself.
__________________
Regards,
Justin Fok
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #51 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2
Immigration4all is on a distinguished road
Default

The USCIS will request the FBI Name Check when I-485 submitted. You can not request the FBI Name Check by yourself.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #52 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2007, 11:39 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/24/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/24/2004
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 259
sbabunle is on a distinguished road
Default

A friend of me told me that if you apply for Canadian Immi they will submit your name for namne check in the US. But i think in order to apply u need to spend $1000 or more am not sure
__________________
EB3 PD Apr 2003.
I485 approved Aug 2007.
"Now doing my own business."
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #53 (permalink)  
Old 12-14-2007, 01:04 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 193
delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_hello View Post
I have my details given below, I Went for InfoPass last week,The officer told my spouse cleared the Name Check , mine is pending.

I filed I-485 on July'5th'2007.

Name Check was intiated on Sept'17'2007. Since i am july Filler, i might wait for another 1 more months , so that it will be 2 months to worry about name check stuck or not. I didn't get my FP notice yet.

Guru's what do you think, Shall i have to concerned. One of the person (mallu) told in this forum ,if USCIS does name check can be cleared with in 2 months.(Does name check can be cleared in 2-6 months time for 80% people?)

My wife seems to be cleared in 2 weeks time.

-----------------------------------------------------
I got my EAD for both of us, and AP Approved.

EB2/PD-Sept'2004/I-140 Approved.
I-485 - Sent July5th. - Transferred ---> WAC ---> back to NSC
EAD- Card Received
AP - Approved.
FP -?
---------------------------------
Contributed $100 for Rally.

I called yesterday and got the same information. My wife cleared her name check, but mine is pending. It was initiated for both of us on Sept 26. We also applied for my seven year old - but she does not qualify for the FBI name check. I am not worried at all although it would not be true if I said that I was never worried.

This is an irrational, unscientific and to a great extent arbitrary process - and by that I mean the entire green card process. Added to that is the never ending desire to beat the process - read labor substitution and PD porting. I have neither tried it nor do I intend to do it. Before people start piling on and I get accused of a holier than thou attitude, I am only expressing an opinion (not a value judgement) in an open forum. The last time I checked a forum was meant to do just that.

Objectively thinking my emotional stability and that of my family is a lot dearer than a piece of plastic, especially when none of the steps in the process are within my control.

Yes I can contribute, lobby, send letters etc and make an attempt to get the process under my control - but I think its an indvidual decision whether someone wants to contribute, lobby, write letters etc - I did attend the DC rally though. Obviously the opportunity to express my opinion here has been provided by IV and I am grateful for that.

All that I care about right now is to make sure my wife graduates from school, is able to work, we can travel as a family and enjoy this country. The rest is like trying to find two grains of wheat in two bushels of chaff.

Just my 2 cents - Good luck with your green card process.
__________________
EB2-I; PD July 2004;I-485 RD July 2 '07; Approved Aug 9, 2008 (Self, Spouse, Child)
Contributed to the High Five Campaign (much more than a high five)!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #54 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 263
somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold
Default For whatever its worth....

For whatever its worth, I have contated the congressman, senator and also sent a letter to the first lady about my pending namecheck. The senator replied that they can't do anything until it has been pending for a year. However, the congressman has initiated a query to the FBI. Should I have any illusions of congressional inquiry making my case go faster?

Although it doesn't matter anymore because the dates for EB2 are not going to be current for another 9 months. I am only hoping that my NC is clear and I am ready for approval when my Sep '02 PD becomes current again... God, I am so tired of this whole thing.... I just seem to have continuous bad luck ... PBEC for years and then lazy lawyers and name check and now retrogression .... this is just simply sapping all my energy.....
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #55 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 730
lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by somegchuh View Post
For whatever its worth, I have contated the congressman, senator and also sent a letter to the first lady about my pending namecheck. The senator replied that they can't do anything until it has been pending for a year. However, the congressman has initiated a query to the FBI. Should I have any illusions of congressional inquiry making my case go faster?

Although it doesn't matter anymore because the dates for EB2 are not going to be current for another 9 months. I am only hoping that my NC is clear and I am ready for approval when my Sep '02 PD becomes current again... God, I am so tired of this whole thing.... I just seem to have continuous bad luck ... PBEC for years and then lazy lawyers and name check and now retrogression .... this is just simply sapping all my energy.....
I know that feeling... While you are waiting, write a letter to the President. Congressman usually cannot provide any relief, while the White House sends an official inquiry to the DOJ. The FBI has to respond to that inquiry. In the meantime, try to forget about it and enjoy your life. If your PD becomes current, file a lawsuit (Wom).
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #56 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 263
somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold
Default

lazycis,

Thanks for the response. I think I will continue to ping congressmen and white house until my dates become current. I am hoping that if FBI has to pull out my file from the bottom it might prompt them to act on it. If my date becomes current in Oct 08 and NC is still pending, I will file a WOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazycis View Post
I know that feeling... While you are waiting, write a letter to the President. Congressman usually cannot provide any relief, while the White House sends an official inquiry to the DOJ. The FBI has to respond to that inquiry. In the meantime, try to forget about it and enjoy your life. If your PD becomes current, file a lawsuit (Wom).
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #57 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2008, 03:48 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 60
sgupta33 has a spectacular aura about sgupta33 has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by somegchuh View Post
For whatever its worth, I have contated the congressman, senator and also sent a letter to the first lady about my pending namecheck. The senator replied that they can't do anything until it has been pending for a year. However, the congressman has initiated a query to the FBI. Should I have any illusions of congressional inquiry making my case go faster?

Although it doesn't matter anymore because the dates for EB2 are not going to be current for another 9 months. I am only hoping that my NC is clear and I am ready for approval when my Sep '02 PD becomes current again... God, I am so tired of this whole thing.... I just seem to have continuous bad luck ... PBEC for years and then lazy lawyers and name check and now retrogression .... this is just simply sapping all my energy.....
Please channel your disappointment and frustration into participating in the IV letter campaign. Help IV help You! We are a community with similar problems who can work together for a solution. I too and stuck in NC.
__________________
Member of the MD/VA/DC Chapter
http://groups.google.com/group/iv-dc-chapter
Attended the DC rally
Met with lawmakers
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #58 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 730
lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by somegchuh View Post
lazycis,

Thanks for the response. I think I will continue to ping congressmen and white house until my dates become current. I am hoping that if FBI has to pull out my file from the bottom it might prompt them to act on it. If my date becomes current in Oct 08 and NC is still pending, I will file a WOM.
Prepare a lawsuit and be ready to file. I think in your case you can do it even if your PD is not current.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/...ostcount=15117

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FBI_nam...#Lawsuit_steps

Last edited by lazycis; 01-11-2008 at 01:52 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #59 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 13
sivakumar can only hope to improve
Default

I filed my I-485 on 23rd June 2007. My FP was completed on 08/14/2007, I received my EAD on 09/24/2007, and FP on 10/09/2007.

after a RFE my I-140 was finally approved on 10/25/2007
with the following wording
"On October 25, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER...."

Now here is the question my USCIS prortfolio shows last updated date for I140 changed to 12/22/2007 .Earlier it was 10/25/2007. Nothing has changed inside though. I still see same wording
"On October 25, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER...."

12/22/2007 I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER
08/15/2007 I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
09/24/2007 I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION
10/09/2007 I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Does anyone know whats going on. Why the date change. Does it mean it wennt for FBI name check. Thanks in advance friends
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #60 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2008, 06:26 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 13
sivakumar can only hope to improve
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivakumar View Post
I filed my I-485 on 23rd June 2007. My FP was completed on 08/14/2007, I received my EAD on 09/24/2007, and FP on 10/09/2007.

after a RFE my I-140 was finally approved on 10/25/2007
with the following wording
"On October 25, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER...."

Now here is the question my USCIS prortfolio shows last updated date for I140 changed to 12/22/2007 .Earlier it was 10/25/2007. Nothing has changed inside though. I still see same wording
"On October 25, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER...."

12/22/2007 I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER
08/15/2007 I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
09/24/2007 I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION
10/09/2007 I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Does anyone know whats going on. Why the date change. Does it mean it wennt for FBI name check. Thanks in advance friends
hi friends any comments?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
H1,still waiting for SSN avikey Immigrant Visa 2 04-28-2009 10:34 PM
ServiceRequest response says still my I485 is waiting for background check cnachu2 All other Green Card Issues 2 11-15-2008 12:21 PM
221g, Name Check and then Security Check statuslaw Non-Immigrant Visas 15 02-06-2008 11:11 PM
Security Check Vs Name Check ?? waiting4gc02 Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins 2 11-02-2007 05:21 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org