Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > FBI namecheck delays and Writ of Mandamus
Click to log in with Facebook
FBI namecheck delays and Writ of Mandamus Delays in FBI namecheck during 485 processing and legal options of filing Writ of Mandamus in court to get namecheck cleared.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2007, 04:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2006
Chargeability
:
Bangladesh
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2006
Compare
whatsupwithgc is on a distinguished road
Default IMP** Let us write to our REPS

Hi All,

Let us write to our reps to support this bill.

Bill Details:
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/...8&congress=110

Write Your Representative
http://www.house.gov/writerep/

Sample letter:
Dear Sir,
I am writing to you to request your support for the bill on "Reducing backlog in processing requests made by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to the National Name Check Program of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Bill # H.R.3828" which is sponsored by Mr. Yvette Clarke (D-NY 11th). If passed, the bill would help improve national security and legal immigration process.

Details of the bill are available at:
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/...8&congress=110

Thanks,
Regards,

your name

End of sample letter
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
sss9i is on a distinguished road
Default Contact FBI for Name check

Who can I contact if I have further questions about the name check process?
Should you have any questions, please contact the Identification and Investigative Services Section Name Check Unit at (304) 625-9450 between the hours of
6:00 am and 4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time Monday thru Friday.

Old 10-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...d=81&Itemid=61

Update and reference material on namechecks

Old 10-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/21/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/04/2007
Compare
satish_hello has a spectacular aura about satish_hello has a spectacular aura about satish_hello has a spectacular aura about
Default Hi Guys

I have my details given below, I Went for InfoPass last week,The officer told my spouse cleared the Name Check , mine is pending.

I filed I-485 on July'5th'2007.

Name Check was intiated on Sept'17'2007. Since i am july Filler, i might wait for another 1 more months , so that it will be 2 months to worry about name check stuck or not. I didn't get my FP notice yet.

Guru's what do you think, Shall i have to concerned. One of the person (mallu) told in this forum ,if USCIS does name check can be cleared with in 2 months.(Does name check can be cleared in 2-6 months time for 80% people?)

My wife seems to be cleared in 2 weeks time.

-----------------------------------------------------
I got my EAD for both of us, and AP Approved.

EB2/PD-Sept'2004/I-140 Approved.
I-485 - Sent July5th. - Transferred ---> WAC ---> back to NSC
EAD- Card Received
AP - Approved.
FP -?
---------------------------------
Contributed $100 for Rally.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
immigration_law is on a distinguished road

The USCIS will not request the FBI Name Check until I-485 submitted. You can not request Name Check by yourself.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Immigration4all is on a distinguished road

The USCIS will request the FBI Name Check when I-485 submitted. You can not request the FBI Name Check by yourself.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/24/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/24/2004
Compare
sbabunle is on a distinguished road

A friend of me told me that if you apply for Canadian Immi they will submit your name for namne check in the US. But i think in order to apply u need to spend $1000 or more am not sure

Old 12-14-2007, 01:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold delax is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_hello View Post
I have my details given below, I Went for InfoPass last week,The officer told my spouse cleared the Name Check , mine is pending.

I filed I-485 on July'5th'2007.

Name Check was intiated on Sept'17'2007. Since i am july Filler, i might wait for another 1 more months , so that it will be 2 months to worry about name check stuck or not. I didn't get my FP notice yet.

Guru's what do you think, Shall i have to concerned. One of the person (mallu) told in this forum ,if USCIS does name check can be cleared with in 2 months.(Does name check can be cleared in 2-6 months time for 80% people?)

My wife seems to be cleared in 2 weeks time.

-----------------------------------------------------
I got my EAD for both of us, and AP Approved.

EB2/PD-Sept'2004/I-140 Approved.
I-485 - Sent July5th. - Transferred ---> WAC ---> back to NSC
EAD- Card Received
AP - Approved.
FP -?
---------------------------------
Contributed $100 for Rally.

I called yesterday and got the same information. My wife cleared her name check, but mine is pending. It was initiated for both of us on Sept 26. We also applied for my seven year old - but she does not qualify for the FBI name check. I am not worried at all although it would not be true if I said that I was never worried.

This is an irrational, unscientific and to a great extent arbitrary process - and by that I mean the entire green card process. Added to that is the never ending desire to beat the process - read labor substitution and PD porting. I have neither tried it nor do I intend to do it. Before people start piling on and I get accused of a holier than thou attitude, I am only expressing an opinion (not a value judgement) in an open forum. The last time I checked a forum was meant to do just that.

Objectively thinking my emotional stability and that of my family is a lot dearer than a piece of plastic, especially when none of the steps in the process are within my control.

Yes I can contribute, lobby, send letters etc and make an attempt to get the process under my control - but I think its an indvidual decision whether someone wants to contribute, lobby, write letters etc - I did attend the DC rally though. Obviously the opportunity to express my opinion here has been provided by IV and I am grateful for that.

All that I care about right now is to make sure my wife graduates from school, is able to work, we can travel as a family and enjoy this country. The rest is like trying to find two grains of wheat in two bushels of chaff.

Just my 2 cents - Good luck with your green card process.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold
Default For whatever its worth....

For whatever its worth, I have contated the congressman, senator and also sent a letter to the first lady about my pending namecheck. The senator replied that they can't do anything until it has been pending for a year. However, the congressman has initiated a query to the FBI. Should I have any illusions of congressional inquiry making my case go faster?

Although it doesn't matter anymore because the dates for EB2 are not going to be current for another 9 months. I am only hoping that my NC is clear and I am ready for approval when my Sep '02 PD becomes current again... God, I am so tired of this whole thing.... I just seem to have continuous bad luck ... PBEC for years and then lazy lawyers and name check and now retrogression .... this is just simply sapping all my energy.....

Old 01-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by somegchuh View Post
For whatever its worth, I have contated the congressman, senator and also sent a letter to the first lady about my pending namecheck. The senator replied that they can't do anything until it has been pending for a year. However, the congressman has initiated a query to the FBI. Should I have any illusions of congressional inquiry making my case go faster?

Although it doesn't matter anymore because the dates for EB2 are not going to be current for another 9 months. I am only hoping that my NC is clear and I am ready for approval when my Sep '02 PD becomes current again... God, I am so tired of this whole thing.... I just seem to have continuous bad luck ... PBEC for years and then lazy lawyers and name check and now retrogression .... this is just simply sapping all my energy.....
I know that feeling... While you are waiting, write a letter to the President. Congressman usually cannot provide any relief, while the White House sends an official inquiry to the DOJ. The FBI has to respond to that inquiry. In the meantime, try to forget about it and enjoy your life. If your PD becomes current, file a lawsuit (Wom).

Old 01-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold

lazycis,

Thanks for the response. I think I will continue to ping congressmen and white house until my dates become current. I am hoping that if FBI has to pull out my file from the bottom it might prompt them to act on it. If my date becomes current in Oct 08 and NC is still pending, I will file a WOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazycis View Post
I know that feeling... While you are waiting, write a letter to the President. Congressman usually cannot provide any relief, while the White House sends an official inquiry to the DOJ. The FBI has to respond to that inquiry. In the meantime, try to forget about it and enjoy your life. If your PD becomes current, file a lawsuit (Wom).

Old 01-10-2008, 03:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sgupta33 has a spectacular aura about sgupta33 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Please channel your disappointment and frustration into participating in the IV letter campaign. Help IV help You! We are a community with similar problems who can work together for a solution. I too and stuck in NC.
Met with lawmakers

Old 01-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
lazycis,

Thanks for the response. I think I will continue to ping congressmen and white house until my dates become current. I am hoping that if FBI has to pull out my file from the bottom it might prompt them to act on it. If my date becomes current in Oct 08 and NC is still pending, I will file a WOM.
Prepare a lawsuit and be ready to file. I think in your case you can do it even if your PD is not current.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/...ostcount=15117

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FBI_nam...#Lawsuit_steps

Last edited by lazycis; 01-11-2008 at 01:52 PM.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
sivakumar can only hope to improve

I filed my I-485 on 23rd June 2007. My FP was completed on 08/14/2007, I received my EAD on 09/24/2007, and FP on 10/09/2007.

after a RFE my I-140 was finally approved on 10/25/2007
with the following wording
"On October 25, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER...."

Now here is the question my USCIS prortfolio shows last updated date for I140 changed to 12/22/2007 .Earlier it was 10/25/2007. Nothing has changed inside though. I still see same wording
"On October 25, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER...."

12/22/2007 I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER
08/15/2007 I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
09/24/2007 I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION
10/09/2007 I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Does anyone know whats going on. Why the date change. Does it mean it wennt for FBI name check. Thanks in advance friends

Old 01-11-2008, 06:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
sivakumar can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivakumar View Post
I filed my I-485 on 23rd June 2007. My FP was completed on 08/14/2007, I received my EAD on 09/24/2007, and FP on 10/09/2007.

after a RFE my I-140 was finally approved on 10/25/2007
with the following wording

Now here is the question my USCIS prortfolio shows last updated date for I140 changed to 12/22/2007 .Earlier it was 10/25/2007. Nothing has changed inside though. I still see same wording

12/22/2007 I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER
08/15/2007 I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
09/24/2007 I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION
10/09/2007 I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Does anyone know whats going on. Why the date change. Does it mean it wennt for FBI name check. Thanks in advance friends
hi friends any comments?