Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > FBI namecheck delays and Writ of Mandamus
Click to log in with Facebook
FBI namecheck delays and Writ of Mandamus Delays in FBI namecheck during 485 processing and legal options of filing Writ of Mandamus in court to get namecheck cleared.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 05:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
immi_seeker has much to be proud of immi_seeker has much to be proud of immi_seeker has much to be proud of immi_seeker has much to be proud of immi_seeker has much to be proud of immi_seeker has much to be proud of immi_seeker has much to be proud of immi_seeker has much to be proud of immi_seeker has much to be proud of immi_seeker has much to be proud of
Default Name check status. Infopass giving incorrect status ?

I took an infopass appointment last october and my FBI name check status was pending. After seeing the USCIS memo on march4th that all namecheck pending for 180 days has been cleared by feb 28th 2009, i went again for an infopass appt last week. IO toldme that my namecheck is still pending.

So i contacted my senators office same day and sent all my info along with the USCIS memo. Next day senators office called me back and told me that they called USCIS and came to know that my name check has been cleared. Senators office told me that infopass information could be wrong or may not have been updated.

IS that a possibility ? any inputs ?

PD : NOV 2005, EB2
I140 Approval date : july 20 2006, Nebraska
I-1485 Application recieved at uscis : july 27 2007
Notice Date : Aug 24th 2007
FP date : Sep 19th 2007

GOT GREENED ON 08/06/2010
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2009, 07:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
immi_seeker has much to be proud of immi_seeker has much to be proud of immi_seeker has much to be proud of immi_seeker has much to be proud of immi_seeker has much to be proud of immi_seeker has much to be proud of immi_seeker has much to be proud of immi_seeker has much to be proud of immi_seeker has much to be proud of immi_seeker has much to be proud of
Default FBI Name check

Quote:
Originally Posted by immi_seeker View Post
I took an infopass appointment last october and my FBI name check status was pending. After seeing the USCIS memo on march4th that all namecheck pending for 180 days has been cleared by feb 28th 2009, i went again for an infopass appt last week. IO toldme that my namecheck is still pending.

So i contacted my senators office same day and sent all my info along with the USCIS memo. Next day senators office called me back and told me that they called USCIS and came to know that my name check has been cleared. Senators office told me that infopass information could be wrong or may not have been updated.

IS that a possibility ? any inputs ?

I took infopass again last week and the IO told me the FBI name check is still pending. My lawyer initiated and inquiry to nebraska serv center and got following notification

"CIS electronic records indicate that both applicants have current Fingerprint results and FBI name checks"

Does that mean FBI name check is cleared?. If yes why infopass showing wrong thing?. Also i had only one FP done, that was in sep 2007.

PD : NOV 2005, EB2
I140 Approval date : july 20 2006, Nebraska
I-1485 Application recieved at uscis : july 27 2007
Notice Date : Aug 24th 2007
FP date : Sep 19th 2007

GOT GREENED ON 08/06/2010
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote